Options for veteran QBs in 2020 as Miami prepares for future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Options for veteran QBs in 2020 as Miami prepares for future

Who should Miami's veteran QB be in 2020?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick

• Teddy Bridgewater

• Andy Dalton

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Rookie QBs aren't always starters right away, and if (when) Miami drafts a QB in the 2020 draft, they should have an option in place to start in the interim.

But you say to yourself, "We already have that in Fitzpatrick!"

That's true. However, as the team looks to regain competitiveness in 2020 with an assumed infusion of talent, are there better options for Miami, especially if the team wants to compete in 2020?

The Saints and Teddy Bridgewater are likely to separate, meaning Miami will have another chance to pursue the Miami native. He'll probably be pretty pricey, but it could be his chance to rejuvenate his career.

Andy Dalton is looking like another QB looking for a new team in 2020. His time in Cincy has been up and down, but he's had a couple solid seasons and may also be wanting an opportunity to start fresh and prove himself.

So who would you go with?

Rosen
Burrow
Eason

I doubt we get the first pick. I am also on board with drafting 2 QBs.

I think Bridgewater has played himself into a starting role and a big contract so he wouldn’t make sense next year. Fitzpatrick would be the ideal vet qb to help groom the 1st round pick. He’s a total pro, leader & veteran. We can also see if Rosen improves. Maybe he’s worth keeping around. While some qbs aren’t ready to start day one, I think Tua probably would be.

Bridgewater could/should end up in Chicago.

Rosen starts week 1 next year. Dude deserves to play with half way decent talent before he’s written off.

Bridgewater could/should end up in Chicago.

Rosen starts week 1 next year. Dude deserves to play with half way decent talent before he’s written off.

To quote a cowboy, “Deserve’s got nothing to do with it.“ Its going to be interesting to see how the team gears up for 2020 with FA/Drafting. Will they look like they’re trying to be MUCH more competitive right away? Are they going to throw a rookie QB into the fire?

What I don’t think they’re going to do is continue to tank. And if they want a QB who gives them the best chance to win games immediately, I think that’s Bridgewater. If they want a QB who’s more familiar with the team, offense, and staff...that’s Fitz.

If I am Miami I take a look at possibly trading for Minshew. He was a 6th round pick, maybe they would take a 3. Depends how much they like Foles.
Long-shot, but would try it.

I agree Rosen should be the QB to compete with Burrow for the starting QB position next year. Up After the Dolphins take Young with the second pick in the draft and trade up to select Burrow, the offense and defense should be set at the QB and DE positions for years to come.

Up After the Dolphins take Young with the second pick in the draft and trade up to select Burrow, the offense and defense should be set at the QB and DE positions for years to come.
For years to come? The average NFL career is less than 4 years.

I say roll with Tua, Rosen and Fitz. Why the hell not? If another team has a starter that goes down in training camp or preseason, dangle Rosen or Fitz in front of them.

Back
Top Bottom