Orange Bowl to be Torn Down?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orange Bowl to be Torn Down??

Well Unconquered and Canes fan, If I touched a few nerves I apologize, that was not my intent. My intent was to correct what I thought was a thoughtless statement.

The Hurricanes are expected to win every year and just about every game.

This year the Marlins won even when they are not in anyones realm of possibility to win. No one gave them a thought on getting to the playoffs, or even beating SF, Cubs and Yankees for the WS.

I know some of the Fin fans are not Marlin fans, but the Marlin's are the only team this year to bring a championship to South FL. Not asking for an Amen, but some respect for what they accomplish.

Thanks Muck, and your right, I was answering the sarcastic post from Unconquered. Apparently he does not want anyone to touch the holy OB. Muck also made the correct points in stating the obvious differences between college and proffessional sports. In college the "lalent is there for free."

I have great memories from that stadium. But it is old, and the city does not want to spend alot of money in renovations. Concrete falling from support columms, bathroom plumbing outdate and overflow. i could keep on listing issues with the OB, but my brain hurts:D. So what would be the next logical choice?

GOOO MARLINS

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I would like to appologize for my outburst. I get a little defensive about my Hurricanes sometimes. I honestly dont mind if they pull the Orange Bowl down. Yeah. I have awesome memories from there and I know a lot of classic games have been played on that field. But here in Denver I saw them tear down Mile High and build Invesco which is awesome...so I wish the same for the Canes.

My point was I dont want the Canes to have to share a field with the Marlins. Not that the Marlins arent a good franchise, they deserve their OWN stadium. But the Canes win. They contend for the National Championship just about every year. I would hate to see them lose to FSU or Va Tech cause of that infield dirt like the Phins did to the Patriots. A loss in college is 100x more painful than in the pro's.

Thanks Unconquered, I guess I miss-understood your statement as well, we're cool. I love them Canes also, its just that the city here does not know what to do with the OB. I believe from all the stories around here that the Canes in the future will move to PPS and the Marlins will have their place around the Miami area. Who knows where?

What about the talk of UM building a stadium on campus?? Anything left of that??

Originally posted by Disnardo
Thanks Unconquered, I guess I miss-understood your statement as well, we're cool. I love them Canes also, its just that the city here does not know what to do with the OB. I believe from all the stories around here that the Canes in the future will move to PPS and the Marlins will have their place around the Miami area. Who knows where?

Glad to hear we are cool. Us Miami Hurricanes fans need to stick together..God knows just about everyone else hates us. :)

Anyway, word around the campfire is the Canes will move to PPS? Will they share that with the Phins like the Pathers/Steelers share Heinz Field??

Yes we Canes fans take a beating when were out of Miami, more so then as Fin fans.

I believe that is the plan, since they are have been playing the New Year's Orange Bowl Game in PPS now for the last few years. But no one here knows when, they will actually move in. I guess the issue with the Marlins stadium will be worked on first.

I would keep you updated when I here more.

Originally posted by Muck
What about the talk of UM building a stadium on campus?? Anything left of that??

Nothing Muck, zilch, nada, nein (lol).

The U of M still has a contract with the OB until 2010. If anything they might build the new stadium beside the OB at least that is what some of the info has been.

If they build this new place for the co-use of the Canes and Marlins, I am sure they will take care of the infield issue. Also if the stadium has a retractable roof (which is the # 1 issue for it being built), they would probably use artificial turf (IMO).

Will see and wait, the final chapter has until March of 04 to be written.

GOOO FIIINZ

Back
Top Bottom