Oronde Gadsden had the first OBJ catch | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oronde Gadsden had the first OBJ catch

Yeah he gave it his all, and agreed is somewhat underappreciated, but as a qb throwing the ball he was just not very good. Every time he dropped back, the general feeling in my gut was "oh no". The first guy since marino to NOT give me that feeling is Tannehill as far as actually throwing the ball.

I agree he wasn't a good passer but put him on your team the last couple of years and you make the playoffs. Ryan may be a prettier passer but there's more to this position than that. if there wasn't I'd be playing in the NFL.

I agree he wasn't a good passer but put him on your team the last couple of years and you make the playoffs. Ryan may be a prettier passer but there's more to this position than that. if there wasn't I'd be playing in the NFL.

This is why I am so excited with what Ryan could do one day. If QBs like Fielder for the Dolphins, and Sanchez for the Jets could reach the playoffs...imagine the possibilities with Ryan if they can just fix the dam o-line already.

This is why I am so excited with what Ryan could do one day. If QBs like Fielder for the Dolphins, and Sanchez for the Jets could reach the playoffs...imagine the possibilities with Ryan if they can just fix the dam o-line already.

it's not the OL, at some point you will realize this.

it's not the OL, at some point you will realize this.

Well, that is opinion and hope on your part, but what is fact, EVERY TIME the line has played well, no injuries, Tannehill has looked like a top QB, when key injury to that the line or failure to stop the pass-rush occurred, Tannehill has not looked as good.

Like most quality QBs, give him time, he will do well, but with Tannehill, give him time, he will succeed. Maybe one day you will understand this when your not so obviously bias.

Well, that is opinion and hope on your part, but what is fact, EVERY TIME the line has played well, no injuries, Tannehill has looked like a top QB, when key injury to that the line or failure to stop the pass-rush occurred, Tannehill has not looked as good.

Like most quality QBs, give him time, he will do well, but with Tannehill, give him time, he will succeed. Maybe one day you will understand this when your not so obviously bias.

part of the reason for poor OL play is b/c of the QB. he has never looked like a top QB outside of a game here and a game there like every QB. top QBs are consistent which is something Ryan has never been unless you are counting being consistently mediocre.

part of the reason for poor OL play is b/c of the QB. he has never looked like a top QB outside of a game here and a game there like every QB. top QBs are consistent which is something Ryan has never been unless you are counting being consistently mediocre.

:lol: Well, I don't blame you for saying that, considering you rarely watch him. One day, hopefully it will hit you.

:lol: Well, I don't blame you for saying that, considering you rarely watch him. One day, hopefully it will hit you.

I watch him play almost every week. some day it will hit me, when he actually plays half as well as you guys pretend he is.

Please guys, let's not turn this into a Tannehill thread. There are plenty of other threads to debate the QB.

back on topic, that gadsden catch was a hell of a catch against us in 2002. that was a tough day, we had beaten you 8 straight times and this game was relatively close until the 4th when you pulled away and Ricky put it away w/ a long TD run, I remember the call over the NFL Films highlights from our former play by play guy Howard David who was in his first year w/ Miami- "bye bye Ricky, bye bye Streak". it was painful.

Back
Top Bottom