OT A. Meadows : Why Not??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OT A. Meadows : Why Not???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I don't understand why we haven't given this guy a contract?!?!?!

He can play both OT positions, and has been one of QB P. Manning's OT's in Indy. He hardly ever gets touched let alone sacked. What's wrong with this guy????.....

Is there something I'm missing here???....

I thought OT A. Meadows would be able to replace T. Wade. I guess Rick and Dave don't see him as a legit replacement, but right now, we're almost desperate to find anyone who can come in at RT. There's not much left to choose from, and every day, the list gets shorter.....

As of today, Rick has not done a very good job upgrading the OL this off-season. He's actually been getting the cold shoulder just like last year. This has got to change. So far, nothing has....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
He cant run block worth a lick and as you know this is a run oriented offense.

Exactly! I would only look at Meadows if all our options dry up. This may happen, but he is a fall back not a target.

This sucks about D. McIntosh.....

You would think they'd give the guy a physical the minute he stepped off the plane. Instead they wait until an hour prior to announcing him as our new starting RT???.....

Rick screwed this one up bad. We've basically got no other options at RT now. It's either going to be A. Meadows or J. Brown, and neither are as good as T. Wade. Looks like we'll be downgrading at RT this year...

NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!!:yell:

Even the RG position is running on empty. We're in trouble again along the OL....

Im going to wait and see there are still good option left O Brown ist bad and neither is Ron stone at Guard. Bobbie willams is very goo too. But i think there is still alot of talent out there Stinchomb Solomon Page Spencer Falou Chris Bober Alot of options left be patient. Good olines aren't made up of big name guys they are made of guys that work together well, keep that in mind too. The Broncos have the best oline in the game and most avid football fans can name more than 1 of them.

man i got sick to my stomach after i heard that the announcement was cancelled...but life goes on...i think the next best option is...

Bobby Williams out of Philly!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

You would think they'd give the guy a physical the minute he stepped off the plane. Instead they wait until an hour prior to announcing him as our new starting RT???.....

Rick screwed this one up bad. We've basically got no other options at RT now. It's either going to be A. Meadows or J. Brown, and neither are as good as T. Wade. Looks like we'll be downgrading at RT this year...

Even the RG position is running on empty. We're in trouble again along the OL....

And if Rick gave every player a physical before negotiating, and it didn't work out, people would complain about him wasting time on players who pass physicals, but can't agree on a contract.

Think about it like any other job. A prospective employer isn't going to make you take a physical until they're sure they'll hire you. It's a waste of time, and plus they have to pay for your physical anyway.

Yes, Rick could've resigned Todd Wade, but I can't blame him, because he was gunning for Tait. His logic, which I agree with, was if you're gonna blow your cash on a player, he better be a blue chipper. Tait is a blue chipper. Todd Wade is not.

He took a gamble, but FA is always a gamble....and yeah, we may end up screwed @ RT, but I'd rather have a GM who's agressive, rather than one who stands pat.

I understand you're worried, but last time I checked, we have more than 4 months before training camp even starts. Rick knows OL is a priority.

BLITZ, it's not like Rick's not trying:

1) Woody signed an obscenely overpriced deal with the Lions. If we match the Lions' offer, we're looking at not being able to spend enough money to adequately upgrade the rest of the line. Woody can't play all five positions.

2) Tait (and more to the point, Mrs. Tait) wanted to stay in the Midwest. Our offer was very competitive, and reports indicate money had little or nothing to do with his decision. Do you want Rick to wave his magic wand and transform South Beach into Springfield, Illinois?

3) Dolfan954 addressed the McIntosh situation very well. I'd rather us find out about his bum ankles now than after he's signed -- requiring us to shuttle him in and out of the starting lineup all year.

Sorry to :fire: but this is the third thread in which I've seen you complain about Rick's O-line screw-ups this offseason, and it's just ridiculous.

Panthers | Meadows Agrees To 5-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 12:16:04 -0800

ESPNews reports the Carolina Panthers have agreed to a five-year deal with free agent OT Adam Meadows (Colts). Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Although I didn't want him........The word is that the fins did show some interest as per mandich.........But I will not atribute strike 5 to Adam Meadows.

It is becoming a rough off-season.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Sorry to :flame: but this is the third thread I've seen you complain about Rick's O-line screw-ups this offseason, and it's just ridiculous. [/B]

Why is it ridiculous???

Rick lost out on Woody / Villarial / Timmerman / McIntosh / ect ect Right now, today, it seems as if he doesn't have a clue as to who will be our starting RG or RT in 2004....

Coleman or Stone would be nice RG's, but neither have been given a contract offer. OT J. Tait would have been awesome, but chose Chicago instead. OT D. McIntosh was a basic unknown IMO, and didn't even pass our physical???....

What that tells me is this. Rick is grabbing at straws right now, just like he did with QB AJ Feeley. He's playing it safe, and the results are headed in a direction of uncertainty.....

Rick is trying. However, in the FA market there is no try, only do or do not.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Com'on now, Rick is DAMan !! :rolleyes:
I hope this contract is contingent on passing the physical like most are.

Back
Top Bottom