Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I would love to have ...

Harris
Cooper
Byrd
Bailey on our team........

miami-1.jpg

Their offense looked extremely impressive. Jacory Harris is the real deal. I like Travis Benjamin too. That kid has speed to burn.

Should we reserve judgement until they actually play someone? Florida State is obviously not very good and the same can probably be said of Tech. At this point of the season it is nearly impossible to tell if anyone is good until a few more games are played. exactly the reason they need to get rid of these pre season rankings that are always blown apart in the first couple weeks of the season. That being said, Miami did look pretty good in their first two games. Im just not sure that constitutes them being "back".

LMAO @ "Reserve judgment until we play someone."

Hold up....weren't we supposed to begin the season 0 - 4? I'm not saying Florida State and Georgia Tech are all that because so far they've proven otherwise in my opinion, but the fact still remains that we've beaten two ranked teams. One of those teams was a bitter rival and we beat them on the road. It doesn't matter how good Florida State is when they play Miami because they're coming to hit us in the mouth every time the ball is snapped.

Give these baby 'Canes some credit. This offense is scoring at will and I don't think we've even began to click yet. I'm not concerned with beating "someone." I'm concerned with beating the next team listed on the schedule and we'll go from there.

Should we reserve judgement until they actually play someone? Florida State is obviously not very good and the same can probably be said of Tech. At this point of the season it is nearly impossible to tell if anyone is good until a few more games are played. exactly the reason they need to get rid of these pre season rankings that are always blown apart in the first couple weeks of the season. That being said, Miami did look pretty good in their first two games. Im just not sure that constitutes them being "back".

I have to agree....

I'm still not sold on FSU....and although Miami won on the scoreboard...they didn't BEAT FSU on the football field....I don't see any seperation in those two teams...

Miami just ****ing BEAT Georgia Tech....on the scoreboard and on the football field...

Whipple has turned that offense into a smooth running, grass eating, point scoring machine...

But it's how incredibly easy they're making it look that is really impressive...Jacory Harris has come out on fire right out of the gate in both games and led them to touchdowns....and maintains it pretty much the entire game.....somebody needs to check that kids I.D...there's no way he's a sophomore....

I watched that offense for the past 5 years or so have to literally battle tooth and nail just to scrounge up a first down....

The only thing Miami is lacking right now is the killer instinct....finishing off an opponent in the 4th quarter...which is what my Tide lacked last year.....but not this year...

Canes should cruise to the Coastal crown this year with a win over VT....

I thought this team would struggle to find 1-3 through these first 4 games....figured they'd look just like they have for the past 5 years....

This isn't the Canes of the past 5 years....I think they can beat Oklahoma at home if Bradford still isn't healthy....

They did exactly what LSU did to that GT offense last year....attack it...

Congrats Canes.....college football is pleased to have them back....

2-0 baby . . . looking for that 3-0 next week. Let's get it done in Blacksburg.

LMAO @ "Reserve judgment until we play someone."

Hold up....weren't we supposed to begin the season 0 - 4? I'm not saying Florida State and Georgia Tech are all that because so far they've proven otherwise in my opinion, but the fact still remains that we've beaten two ranked teams.

That's why we reserve judgment.....they aren't ranked teams. GT has been thoroughly outplayed two weeks in a row. They just happened to win the first game.

Its hard to blame the pollsters....they're giving the fans what they want. But not even the coaches know how good their team is this early in the season.

If we go to VT and beat them in their house, I smell top 12. We beat Oklahoma then we could be looking at top 5 or 6. Then we just ride out and let the rest lose 1 or 2 and who knows what could happen?

That's why we reserve judgment.....they aren't ranked teams. GT has been thoroughly outplayed two weeks in a row. They just happened to win the first game.

Its hard to blame the pollsters....they're giving the fans what they want. But not even the coaches know how good their team is this early in the season.

??? :crazy: Uh, yeah they were were ranked teams (18 & 14, respectively) & GT was 2-0 so how did they just happen to win thier first when they won the 1st and 2nd. Also Shannon knows how good his team is.

Looking ahead way too much, but what if we ran the table?

I think Baylor could run the table in the ACC.....:lol:

Seriously though....I still don't think it would get them in the NC game....you'd have a win over a 2 loss Oklahoma team...and a 2 loss VT team....GT has at least 1 more loss in front of them....as does FSU....

The rest of the teams in the ACC don't count for much at all....

I think there's at least 4 or 5 teams in the SEC that would run the table in the ACC....

Somebody is coming out of the SEC undefeated....1 team.....either Bama or Florida....the loser of the SEC Championship Game between these two is still going to be a top 3 or 4 team....unless

Penn St. could run the table in the Big-10....they'd have a win over a 2 loss Ohio St. team....

USC could run the table.....Texas....both those teams would have to lose at least 1 game....Texas would have a win over a 3 loss Oklahoma team if Miami beat them and a 2 loss Oklahoma St. team that lost to unranked Houston....

**** I'm dizzy already....

Don't ever ask me **** like that again....:lol:

Looking ahead way too much, but what if we ran the table?

Well obviously the ACC is in the BSC so a big bowl would be a given. As far as the big game, that would depend on the Big 12, SEC champ + USC. If any 2 of these are undefeated then the U is out of luck.

I think Florida and USC run the table and Miami is on the outside looking in. In the end Miami will have a harder schedule then USC but started way to low to over take them in the polls.

If only one of these other teams go undefeated then it should be an all Florida championship game!

Back
Top Bottom