Other then Oline the major problem with deep balls is the WR's. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other then Oline the major problem with deep balls is the WR's.

I see what you're saying here, but... Just because Mike Wallace has speed and can get deep doesn't make him a deep threat. He's an unrefined route runner with no natural pass catching abilities and cannot play above his shoulder pads.

I disagree somewhat.....he is not worth 11 million and probably is not a number 1 wr but the guy can flat out run and his hands are decent....he's not making any circus catches but he is good enough to be a long ball threat...I think RT problem is he throws a flat ball, more on a line, when you have speed like that on the outside you have to have more air under the ball so you he can run underneath it...I think that why RT is excellent at slants and comeback routes....all they have to do is hook up for 2-3 deep passes and they're a threat and teams will have to respect them

I do agree with how you described his play above the shoulders and catching ability....his route running is improving IMO.....

His ranking means nothing, look at what he and Wallace did his first 3 yrs in Pitt.....

IDGAF, what he did with Pitt. On countless occasions FA's have moved on to other teams after getting paid and **** the bed. That's what we have in Wallace.

This fraud can go **** himself. Hopefully he'll be more successful and use two hands while he's at it.

wallacedrop570x356-1.png

IDGAF, what he did with Pitt. On countless occasions FA's have moved on to other teams after getting paid and **** the bed. That's what we have in Wallace.

This fraud can go **** himself. Hopefully he'll be more successful and use two hands while he's at it.

wallacedrop570x356-1.png

That picture says it all.

Because getting a "jump ball" is so important to hitting a receiver in stride when he is open 50 yards downfield...

Yes, please keep rationalizing...

WR is a problem for sure. Philbin is too stupid to see Gibson drops everything. Matthew,s never drops a ball. Why we continue to play Gibson is stupid. Joe Philbin has to go. It's not all is fault why we suck. It's The players too. Gibson is aweful. I don't care about last year when he was on a role. This year he drops a boat load of passes. Get Matthew, s in there.

It's protection issue, timing issue and WR issue (and TE issue).

Miami has ZERO real TEs. None that can threaten the vertical field.

Miami has ONE WR that can threaten vertically but he's limited in catch radius and ability to see the ball in the air (at least two TD passes dropped via losing ball in lights and stadium).

And Miami has an OL that gets absolutely owned by DLs. The most critical piece of the puzzle is crap.

Go back and watch that 51 yard strike that RT throws to Wallace while moving to his right under pressure -- and then come and tell me that with protection and other factors dealt with, RT won't complete the deep ball.

Don't be a football fool. See reality for what it is.

LD

reality? the reality is we dont have a qb that is accurate with the football.

Only when throwing to Wallace, otherwise he's one of the most accurate QBs in the league and that includes on passes over 20.

I'm not going to keep digging up the stats because they are just ignored anyway.

Not really. Running full speed almost near impossible to put up that other hand. Ball needed to be placed in his chest...

There's no hope for curing what ails this post. :crazy:

In his chest??? Tannehill's throwing a football here, not a boomerang.

It is anything and everything except the QBs ability to throw.

Not really. Running full speed almost near impossible to put up that other hand. Ball needed to be placed in his chest...

Sorry but a WR that is being paid what Mike Wallace is being paid needs to catch that pass 99/100 times. Wallace routinely drops passes that he has to extend for. Stones for hands and soft as baby ****======= the new Ted Ginn Jr.

Tannehill changing how he attacks deep throws

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...hill-changing-how-he-attacks-deep-throws.html
“The one the other day, let’s talk about the one the other day, that’s the most recent," coach Joe Philbin said Wednesday. "The guy is open, you have to get the ball to the receiver. You have to put a little more air under it so he doesn’t slow down and the DB doesn’t have a chance to break up the pass. It’s not that complicated, throwing the ball down the field.

"It does take the right timing, the receiver has to leave enough space, especially when you’re throwing the ball outside the numbers which we had on that particular play. You have to make that throw, [Tannehill] knows that, I know that, everybody who was at the game knows that. Those are the facts, we have to keep working at it and I’m confident we will start making more of those."

Confident or not, Philbin was concerned enough about the issue to talk to Tannehill about it this week. It's become more than just a rare happenstance now. It's an issue -- one that Tannehill got advise on how to solve.

"We talked to coach Philbin yesterday and that’s one of the things he told me," Tannehill said. "Just go out there and let it rip. When a guy gets that open, sometimes you kind of tense up and you don’t want to overthrow him so you end up underthrowing him. I just have to go out there and let it rip and not overplay it."

"Yes, I think I just get conservative," Tannehill admitted. "You see a guy, like I said with so much space and separation between him and the defender, he had five yards or something on the guy. You see that space and you're thinking just get him the ball. Instead of, just throw it out there, play football and let it rip."
When your QB says things like "you kind of tense up or I just get conservative" he is also a major part of the problem.

When your QB says things like "you kind of tense up or I just get conservative" he is also a major part of the problem.

I wouldn't expect anything less from him. Best thing about Tannehill is you've never heard him blame anyone but himself. You know, like saying some stupid **** along the lines of, "I couldn't have made that throw. I don't have a go-go gadget arm".

Back
Top Bottom