Other then Oline the major problem with deep balls is the WR's. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other then Oline the major problem with deep balls is the WR's.

Not really. Running full speed almost near impossible to put up that other hand. Ball needed to be placed in his chest...

This is in the running for the most uneducated post I've ever read on these forums. Both of your statements are an astounding FALSE! Please explain the laws of nature that would allow a person to throw a ball of any kind to a player's chest that is running away from you?! And near impossible to put up both hands while running full speed? Any human with the slightest bit of athletic ability can do that on a regular basis.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, maybe you meant 'chest level' here. But that's still wrong.

This is in the running for the most uneducated post I've ever read on these forums. Both of your statements are an astounding FALSE! Please explain the laws of nature that would allow a person to throw a ball of any kind to a player's chest that is running away from you?! And near impossible to put up both hands while running full speed? Any human with the slightest bit of athletic ability can do that on a regular basis.

Emmanuel Sanders laid out for one from Peyton Manning earlier this year that was a heck of a lot farther away from his chest (lol) than the ball Tannehill threw.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap3000000391252/Q2-Sanders-40-yard-reception

lol exactly! Not exactly the same route of course, but still have to get two hands up on the long ball!

Some people refuse to admit that Wallace has an unusually small catch radius...or maybe they don't know what that means.

I wouldn't expect anything less from him. Best thing about Tannehill is you've never heard him blame anyone but himself. You know, like saying some stupid **** along the lines of, "I couldn't have made that throw. I don't have a go-go gadget arm".

Wait a minute...you expect your QB to say he gets conservative or tenses up when throwing to a open receiver? :bobdole:

Mark Clayton 5'9, Mark Duper 5'9, Nat Moore 5'9

So you'd rather your QB make a dick-move and call out teammates instead? :bobdole:

No I would not want my QB calling out a teammate but I also would like him to make all the throws, or atleast most of them, without over thinking them. Is that too much to ask for?

So you'd rather your QB make a dick-move and call out teammates instead? :bobdole:

No I would rather him say he needs to get better, not that he is scared because the guy is open....that quote is scary....shows a lack of confidence, I bet you will never hear one of the top 10 QB say something like that

I believe he would rather have a QB with the ability to hit wide open WRs down the field for TDs when they are available.

IDGAF, what he did with Pitt. On countless occasions FA's have moved on to other teams after getting paid and **** the bed. That's what we have in Wallace.

This fraud can go **** himself. Hopefully he'll be more successful and use two hands while he's at it.

wallacedrop570x356-1.png

No we don't have that in Wallace, Wallace is who he is, a fast guy with decent hands and doesn't run the best routes.....just because you pay him like megatron doesn't mean he going to play like him.....I bet Stafford can connect with him on the long balls and I think RT is a better QB than Stafford...RT needs to get better on the deep balls no matter who you would like to blame for this weakness.....Wallace will give you the numbers he gave Pitt if he had a QB to get him the ball deep

I believe he would rather have a QB with the ability to hit wide open WRs down the field for TDs when they are available.

and the QB wishes he had a line that could protect for more than .5 seconds. We can circle jerk this all day long.

EDIT: But I agree as well, he does need to hit those. If he's a little antsy when those plays come up, hey atleast he recognizes the issue. Hope that helps resolve it as well.

The real problem is the WR's on this team when it comes to the deep ball. All of our WR's are short none of them including Wallace can win a jump ball, outside of Mathews (never plays). I mean do you honestly think that if the Fins still had Marshall that Tannehill would never complete deep balls. I don't, Tannehill has to make a perfect pass to Wallace, or he gives little to no effort to catch the ball. Forget a back shoulder throw, who is going to make the play certainly not Wallace or Hartline, neither one of them will be out jumping a db and helping their QB. If Wallace does out jump someone he usually still drops the pass. This receiving corp outside of Landry has to be considered a huge disappointment.
Its clear when Satele goes out, and Pouncey moves back to center that we have no guards or Right Tackle since the Albert injury. Tannehill literally has plays where he can't even get his drop finished before someone is ready to sack him. Oline still needs to be addressed, but in my honest opinion Miami needs to replace either Hartline or Wallace with a Big WR (6'2" or bigger) because the short guys are proving to not be what is needed most in Miami. I mean Marshall still put up numbers with Chad Henne, but Mike Wallace can't with Tannehill, and Tannehill is leaps and bounds better then Henne ever was.

Sorry bro, I disagree.

I do agree that the blame doesn't lie 100% on Tanny. Coaching, the O-line, and the receivers all carry some blame. And sure, a 6' 5" wr that runs a 4.3 40 and has superglue hands will absolutely help.

The problem however, isn't the WRs.

This is what I see from the stands, on TV, and on tape:

Ryan Tannehill:

1) He is handcuffed by the coaching staff and unable to make his own adjustments via audible, or go off-script if he sees a favorable match-up pre-snap.

2) His pre-snap reads are crap. (or pointless b/c of restricted playcalling)

3) I'm concerned about his vision or scanning ability post-snap. He needs to work on his peripheral vision and positional awareness.

4) We have open receivers down field within 3 seconds of the snap, or about to come open, or in position to make a play downfield with a well placed ball.

I'm not talking about Hail Mary, 50+ yards in the air, type passes. I'm talking about the intermediate, 20-35 yards downfield opportunities that we miss on a consistent basis. In fact, there are alot of times where he throws the ball in traffic when we have wide open targets elsewhere.

He simply has to get better at this. I think he can, but man, he is really trying my patience.

There are plenty of QBs that throw mid-range passes accurately to undersized receivers. I'm sure I dont need to rattle off a list of sub-6' WRs that have success 10 yards beyond the LoS.

FFS, I watch crappy QBs making these throws on a weekly basis and it drives me nuts that we dont have those plays in our playbook.

The plays are there for the taking, its on Tanny to make it happen.

No we don't have that in Wallace, Wallace is who he is, a fast guy with decent hands and doesn't run the best routes.....just because you pay him like megatron doesn't mean he going to play like him.....I bet Stafford can connect with him on the long balls and I think RT is a better QB than Stafford...RT needs to get better on the deep balls no matter who you would like to blame for this weakness.....Wallace will give you the numbers he gave Pitt if he had a QB to get him the ball deep

I seriously doubt Stafford can connect with any consistency on deep passes to Wallace. I've watched Detroit play many times and I've said it on here a few times that I think Stafford will cause Calvin Johnson to have a shorter career because of the number of times he just throws it up for Calvin and Calvin comes down awkwardly with his body slamming on that fake turf they have. He missed 2 games last year, 4 this year...all those body shots are going to add up. Stafford is notorious for throwing passes up and expecting his WRs to make a play for him...Wallace isn't that type of receiver...Calvin and Golden Tate are. If you'll remember Nate Burleson was on that team last year and he struggled...that was one of the reasons...small catch radius.

Back
Top Bottom