Our answer at QB is simple!!....listen up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our answer at QB is simple!!....listen up

Elfpower

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know a lot of people won't agree with me on this one, but it's just my opinion...so respect it dammit!!!!jk. Anyways, I honestly think that our team can do extremely well with Fiedler in there. It seems to me that everyone has forgot how smooth and gracefully our offense moved down the field before Fiedlers injury, and most importantly, Oronde's injury. He started the year with like 6 td's and 2 ints. I think Oronde missing was an integral part in our offense looking very stale. The man just moves the sticks, period. I truly believe that if we get Oronde back and have a healthy Fiedler through training camp, we will be a very powerful team. I do agree, the play calling does need to get better also. Remember how well McMichael was doing with those two guys in there? Remember? Everyone seems to be forgetting the good stuff about us last year. And that good stuff happened before those guys went down. Fiedler never was quite the same after coming back, and it didn't help when he didn't have is favorite target in Gadsen. He has been our year in and year out, most dependable receiver. The backup quarterback position must be upgraded, but not with guys like Griese or Plummer. That would be nice, but do you really think these guys would take a low price and be a backup? They will always want millions, and that would be dumb to pay a backup that. They won't want to come here anyways. So if fiedler and oronde stay healthy which is a pretty big IF, we will be great. I promise. We need to bring in just one stout linemen, and shift the line a bit. Bring in a good ROLB, and a good second reciever. Upgrade our secondary just a bit, and I think we will do fine. Spend most our free agent money on a linemen and a linebacker. And see what else we can do in the draft. I know I sound a bit optimistic, but believe me, Im just as pissed off about this past year as anyone, Im just trying to look ahead realistically. Thanks for reading my post. Cya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you coach Wannestadt? LOL, jk, not a bad assessment. Prolly wishful thinking but I can respect that.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect. I completely disagree with it.

Fiedler's five game of smoothness was more represenative of the offense and Ricky Williams.

Jay is medicore, and when people like you say we can win with Jay it makes me want to puke. The guy has not ranked in the top 14 of any category in his entire career.

Ask yourself these questions:

1. What would our offense be if we had a QB who ranked in the top 5 ?

2. What would it mean to the running game if the opposing defense had to game plan for the QB?

3. What would our offense mean if we had a a QB who could throw the ball with any veolicty over 30 yards?

This "settling" for Jay is disgusting. He is no better on offense than Rodgers is at LB. We need a playmaker at QB. A difference maker.
After the Pats game the Pats DB said they "should run over and shake the Miami coaches hands for putting the last drive in Fiedler's hands".
He said, and I quote "It's not like he is Favre or anything"

That tells you exactly how opposing teams feel about our QB.

Jay must go!!

i think the team's record would have been better if fiedler hadn't gone down. the offense was absolutely lost when he wasn't in there, and then it never really got rolling when he did return. i think a quality backup is a must, though most of the names flying around might be a little expensive. i pretty much agree with your post, elfpower. i think a lot of our inefficiency in the passing game is due to the pass blocking, which never seemed to give the QB any time to throw. i'd upgrade O-line #1, then OLB and WR. i'm still one of those who has hope for fletcher... we'll see.

Your opposition to Jay has been duly noted. I happen to disagree with you. I will give you this. Based on this year, you can't say Jay is the long term answer. Neither can you accurately say that he is not. The year was too broken up with the injuries. Break the sdeason up in to 3 groups.
1. Pre-thumb
2. Thumb
3. Post-thumb

You can't really say Jay would have kept up his really good play had he not lost so much time with the injury. Then when he came back, he was not the same as he was before. And you surely can't blame the 6 games he missed on him. I really even believe if Lucas hadn't gotten clobbered on the reverse after Marion thwarted the fake punt against Buff that the whole season might have turned out differently. I think that completely and utterly ruined Lucas and didn't recover for 4 games. Ju8st my opinion. Peace

Wow that makes sense...NOT!

Try and upgrade three or four positions(O line) instead of the one (QB).

The problem isn't sacks. It is a QB missing wide open receivers or not finding them at all.

Miami ranked 7th best league in sacks allowed. Nice try.

You Fiedler Huggers can't protect him any longer.

Lucas is repsonsible for his six games.

Jay is equally responsible for the last two.

My opinion about Jay is based oin the last three years not just one.

The Fidler Hugger should base them on the last three years, not the first five games of 2002.

We need a difference maker at QB not a survivor.

Jay Must Go!!

Fin-atic lets hear your OPINION (and that is all it is) on how to get a better QB over Fiedler?

Griese...problem prone idiot who can't play with 2 of the BEST WRs in the league. Oh and if he doesn't bring his dog to the game he won't play.

Kordell....more mobile but dumber...makes too many mistakes.

Those are the only two possible backups I see fit....oh unless you want to start Lucas.

What was our record before Fiedler got injured.........ummm 5-1 and atop the AFC. Why isn;t Fiedler in any of the top categories in his career....let's see maybe because we arent a passing team. Last year when we had to pass omg guess what he threw for 300+ yards. With a horrible TE.

The Fiedler haters were oh so quiet during the first part of the season until the KC game when the defense played so bad, an All Madden offense couldn't have won the game for us. Then there was screaming and gnashing of teeth.

The bottom line is....The team didn't get it done.

I like Fiedler, but I will say it. Show me an upgrade that is do-able. Show it to me or let it rest. Or just keep on arguing about it. QB is just not our biggest need. At least the starting QB.

We could win a super bowl with Fiedler, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like an upgrade. It's a lot harder to win with Fiedler because he's not a huge threat with the big play, but he can still lead us to a ring, but it would be a lot easier to win with a ebtter QB. The problem is that the Dolphins have more important needs to address than the QB situation. The O-line needs to be fixed. The defense needs a new linebacker, we need another WR in addition to depth to the overall team. If the Dolphins could sign a Griese or Plummer, it would be a luxury. They just don't have the money to do it. So guys, Fiedler is staying this year.

BUT.... I truly feel this is his last season a Dolphin.

We all can argue about fiedler till our keyboards breakdown...How many years has this arguement gone on??? Hes not one of the best Qb's in the league nor is he on of the worst. Till another Qb does comes available at a good price then we'll all keep pounding on our keyboards...

im with finatic

Bottom line is that if guys understand velocity and arm strength u can easily see that Jay doesnt have it, DB's can get to the ball even when they are beaten when Jay throws the ball. Exampl Minnesota game, CC streaks down sideline jay underthows him and LUCKILY the dumb ass safety over ran play and CC scored.

Man so many games i remember seeing CC, Oronde have to slow up for the ball or so much air under it that its picked or defended. I am definitely basing this on 3 years of JAY

I rember his agent saying give him wideouts, so we gave you wideouts, I aint going for the injury to OG thing this year, every team has em. so we put in Mc drops, he can get open no doubt , however he may fumble it 6 out of 10, then u got CC enough said, then u gor dedric ward he can get open underneath, then u got McMichaesl enough said,

then we add ricky this year and still Jay cant get it done, can u imagine if we took away the 1850 ricky had this year where our offense would have been?

we relied on this guy to much and Jay couldnt pull out a few victories down the stretch,
Fiedler huggers, kissers, suckers, whatever u wanna call em im tired of this crap.

Back
Top Bottom