Our answer at QB is simple!!....listen up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our answer at QB is simple!!....listen up

McMichael dropped off at the end of the year. McKnight wasn't that bad at the end of the years, he just has to learn how to hold on to the ball and not fumble it. He didn't drop the ball like he did last year. Chambers is a very good WR but he didn't have a great year (mostly cuz of Lucas).

I have posted NUMEROUS facts that prove Griese is staistically better the Jay. Its not even close. If you can't find them let me know and I will post them AGAIN. I bring facts to the table when I speak. It's not my OPNION, its reality. You Fiedler Huggers can't deal with reality very well.

What about your claims AGAINST Griese? What FACTS are they based on?? Lets examine them shall we?

Problem prone? See he tripped over his dog... and he got drunk. Hmmm. Lets see that makes him a problem prone idiot?? Buy the way the year he was a "drunk" he went to the Pro Bowl. Can Jay even spell Pro Bowl? You know Ricky was a problem prone idiot too. Its amazing the propoganda a teams fan base will generate when they don't like a player.
Two of the best WR's in the league?

Would you be talking about Mcaffery? and Smith?

Hmmm lets see the following stats might help you a little:
League Rank
Yrds
Mcaffery 28th Smith-20th

TDs
Neither in the top 30

Receptions
Mcaffery Not in the top 30
Smith 13th
Now here is some more numbers for your "best WRs" claim. Griese only played 13 games this year. I will give you two numbers for him. One is his actual rank and the other is his rank if he played all games based on his average.

Yards Rank
Griese 13th actual-4th Projected.

TDs Rank
22nd actual-13th Projected

Completion %
4th-actual/projected does not apply here.

Thats the FACTS not opinions. Griese overacheived his WRS. He had a good year even though they had crappy years. So this argument is invalid. They did nothing to help him. Maybe that's where the problem really is. Easy Ed is old and Smith is hurt all the time.
The argument of the team winning doiesn;t hold water.
Our winning record had everything to do with the leading rusher in the league and the 5th ranked defense in the league. It had little to do with Jay.

How do we get a better QB? That's not so hard. You rework veterans contracts, you cut the dead weight (Rodgers, Ruddy, etc) and free the money up. You trade for or sign Griese. He isn't wanted he will come cheap from Denver. The cap experts agree that when the dust settles Miami will have the $$ to sign one or two high profile free agents.

You also draft a younbg QB. Maybe a Dorsey or Kingsbury. You throw them into camp and let them scrap it out. When the season starts I like the thoughts of having Griese starting and a talented rookie learning the system for the future.

Good enough answer for you wise guy?

Fin-actic said:

Its amazing the propoganda a teams fan base will generate when they don't like a player.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally posted by wood
then we add ricky this year and still Jay cant get it done, can u imagine if we took away the 1850 ricky had this year where our offense would have been?

60.7% completion rate, 3290 yards passing, 20TD's and an 80.3 rating. That's what he had without Ricky when he had a fumbling bumbling Lamar Smith last year.

In Jay's 6 games prior to his injury he had 112 comps/176 att for a 63.6% completion rating for 1289 yards for 215 yards a game. 12 TD's, 6 INT's and QB ratings of 126.6, 119.4, 83.3, 54.9, 108.6, 72.5 for an avg of 94.2. Overall he had a respectable 85.2.

By the way even after the injury. Jay's QB rating: 70.5, 98.0, 108.6 (against minny so you can all shove it for blaming Jay on that game) and 70.4.

So in 10 starts Jay had 4 games with a 100+ rating and one other that was really close with the 98 rating.

How did his QB rating (which by the way is something none of you guys can argue with as that is the official way to rate a QB overall) measure up with other QB's?

Drew Bledsoe. 86 rating. 6 total 100+ Qb rating days in 16 starts.
Drew Brees. 76.9 rating. 2 in 16 starts with one close to 100.
Aaron Brooks. 80.1 rating. 6 100+ ratings in 16 starts.
Daunte Culpepper. 75.3 rating. 4 100+ ratings in 16 games.
Brett Farve. 85.6 rating. 6 100+ ratings in 16 games.
Brian Griese. 85.6 rating. 5 100+ ratings in 14 games.
Brad Johnson. 92.9 rating. 3 100+ rating in 14 games. 2 close.
Peyton Manning. 88.8 rating. 3 100+ rating in 16 games. 1 close.
Donovan McNabb 86.0 rating. 3 100+ ratings in 10 games.
Steve McNair. 84 rating. 6 100+ ratings in 16 games. 1 close
This ones for Fin.
Jake Plummer. 65.7 rating. ONE 100+ rating in 16 games. 0 close and this boy has a good offensive line and a great WR in Boston.

Jay may look ugly doing it......but he's at least holding up his end. Qb ratings don't even factor in the rushing or his QB rating would be higher.

Fielder huggers huh. Well I guess you fit in with the "KB luvin" then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. You think it applies to a fan base who doesn't like a player on their own team too? Just food for though.....

Great post fin-atic. I hope you didn't confuse everybody with the FACTS! I also feel the Dolphins should try to land Griese. With Griese comes a bonifide, legitimate NFL quality passing attack to go with our great run attack. I have been in Jays' corner defending him and asking others to give him a chance. I think he's had the chance to lead this team and look at where it got us. There is no doubt in my mind that Brian Griese can do a better job. Bring him in and let him battle it out with Fiedler for the starting position and the rest will take care of itself. Bring in Brian!

So who are you J Fiedler haters going to find to replace him or start that is not going to put the Dolphins in a similar situation as the 9ers, Boys, and Jags were saddled with ??? If a qb that has experience and a proven ability to lead a team can be brought in at nominal cost or at least an incentive laden contract then I am all for it for competition !!!

But if you guy's want to bring in a guy like Plummer (for example) that has had about as much success in this league as Jay (probably less) at the cost of putting the Phins in cap hell,,,,, FORGET IT !!! I guess that it is going to start now through training camp --- the Fiedler haters have all started to come out of the woodwork... Probably should start calling this web site DD #2 !!:mad: Marino1983

Maybe the reason we can't get to the big game like all of us want is not because of player talent but because the lack of heart and fire in our players, especially as a team. You guys think that just because we had a LIVING LEGEND at QB prior to Fiedler that we're supposed to keep a LIVING LEGEND at QB always. Ha, all we really need is a killer instinct, especially as a team...I'm not saying a few upgrades wouldn't help but sometimes it's just not a lack of talent, we DEFINITELY don't half a lack of talent. Fiedler's not great but damn you gotta admit he gets the frickin job done most of the time. The NE and MINN losses cannot be completely blamed on him...That should be shared equally. All I'm saying is if Dilfer can take Baltimore to the Super Bowl with a defense better than ours and an offense worse than our then there's no reason why we can't do it. It's just that we have horrible meltdowns. U guys say u wanna see Fiedler go and Lucas go, hell I'd love to see our horrible meltdowns and lack of a killer instinct go first and foremost. Hopefully THAT can be addressed in the offseason as well as everything else. Take care

Great post ac. I agree with the lack of fire and and heart. But I steer you to Rickys statement on his site after Chris Carter was signed. He said that he was glad because the team needed "leadership" on offense.

If your QB is not the leader than who is? If a team or unit has no leaders it has no heart.

Jay must go.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I have posted NUMEROUS facts that prove Griese is staistically better the Jay. Its not even close. If you can't find them let me know and I will post them AGAIN. I bring facts to the table when I speak. It's not my OPNION, its reality. You Fiedler Huggers can't deal with reality very well.

What about your claims AGAINST Griese? What FACTS are they based on?? Lets examine them shall we?

Problem prone? See he tripped over his dog... and he got drunk. Hmmm. Lets see that makes him a problem prone idiot?? Buy the way the year he was a "drunk" he went to the Pro Bowl. Can Jay even spell Pro Bowl? You know Ricky was a problem prone idiot too. Its amazing the propoganda a teams fan base will generate when they don't like a player.
Two of the best WR's in the league?

Would you be talking about Mcaffery? and Smith?

Hmmm lets see the following stats might help you a little:
League Rank
Yrds
Mcaffery 28th Smith-20th

TDs
Neither in the top 30

Receptions
Mcaffery Not in the top 30
Smith 13th
Now here is some more numbers for your "best WRs" claim. Griese only played 13 games this year. I will give you two numbers for him. One is his actual rank and the other is his rank if he played all games based on his average.

Yards Rank
Griese 13th actual-4th Projected.

TDs Rank
22nd actual-13th Projected

Completion %
4th-actual/projected does not apply here.

Thats the FACTS not opinions. Griese overacheived his WRS. He had a good year even though they had crappy years. So this argument is invalid. They did nothing to help him. Maybe that's where the problem really is. Easy Ed is old and Smith is hurt all the time.
The argument of the team winning doiesn;t hold water.
Our winning record had everything to do with the leading rusher in the league and the 5th ranked defense in the league. It had little to do with Jay.

How do we get a better QB? That's not so hard. You rework veterans contracts, you cut the dead weight (Rodgers, Ruddy, etc) and free the money up. You trade for or sign Griese. He isn't wanted he will come cheap from Denver. The cap experts agree that when the dust settles Miami will have the $$ to sign one or two high profile free agents.

You also draft a younbg QB. Maybe a Dorsey or Kingsbury. You throw them into camp and let them scrap it out. When the season starts I like the thoughts of having Griese starting and a talented rookie learning the system for the future.

Good enough answer for you wise guy?

Yeah, he was sooooooooooo damn good this year right? That is why he got benched in his final game, it must have been because he was so good when he played.

BLAH BLAH you know he is going to be starting qb next year...Save this debate for next year !!Im tire of the same **** every day...Fin-antic(the rest of "Fiedler bashers") you made your point..There no point every day posting about same old tire topic because wether you hate him or not;He will be your STARTING QB next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee minus, I thought thats what forums were for?

He may be our starter next year, but I don't have to like it do I??

If I can't voice that here than where?

Also be fair about it too. You need to ask the Fielder Huggers to stop posting their next great reason why they think Jay is the great QB you all think he is.

When they post it I will respond with the facts. Whenever, A misguided Fiedler Hugger rears their ugly head I will be there to thrust the facts back in their face that says:

JAY MUST GO!

Back
Top Bottom