Our beloved #13........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our beloved #13........

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
Well ladies and gents, it's been 2 yrs since Dan announced his retirement. :cry: It's interesting to look at how everyone is quick to be so judgemental/critical of Jay's(myself included) performance. I think it's safe to say that we were blessed to have one of(if not the best) QB to ever play the game. We became very spoiled with that. Sometimes, you really don't appreciate a player's greatness until he is gone or retired for that matter. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I really feel blessed to have said I was able to watch #13 play and I miss him dearly. Having said that, I know they'll never be another Dan Marino. If you think about it, since our 'phins inception in 1966, we've been blessed with 2 hall of fame QB's(#12-Bob,#13). There's some teams in the league that have never had one hall of fame QB.

Yes, everyone is judgemental/critical of Jay's performance. We have a damn fine Quarterback, and he's getting booed ALL the time.

Dan Marino was the greatest Quarterback to ever play the game, why expect the same from Jay?

Its BS.

Twice now at a Heat game when they showed his face on the monitor he got booed.
There is no excuse for that.Den.

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
Well ladies and gents, it's been 2 yrs since Dan announced his retirement. :cry: It's interesting to look at how everyone is quick to be so judgemental/critical of Jay's(myself included) performance. I think it's safe to say that we were blessed to have one of(if not the best) QB to ever play the game. We became very spoiled with that. Sometimes, you really don't appreciate a player's greatness until he is gone or retired for that matter. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I really feel blessed to have said I was able to watch #13 play and I miss him dearly. Having said that, I know they'll never be another Dan Marino. If you think about it, since our 'phins inception in 1966, we've been blessed with 2 hall of fame QB's(#12-Bob,#13). There's some teams in the league that have never had one hall of fame QB.
D Marino is a NFL icon, alot of his records will never be broken (even by Warner or Manning) and if the only assessment some fans will judge him is by is (S-B wins) , that in itself shows how misinformed and basically football illiterate those fans really are ! :yell: :mad: Marino1983

YOU'RE NOT FROM CLEVELAND!!!!

I am NOT a big FEIDLER fan but that is TOTALLY CLASSLESS!!! Like I said before the fans down here totally suck! As for Marino, I totally miss THE MAN!!! I miss that drop back, that release, the whole nine yards! You really get bummed when you watch old tapes of him! TRUST ME!! I like to compare it to seeing an EX-GIRLFRIEND!! It hurts a little bit everytime you see them and you realize it's over!!!:cry: DAN WILL ALWAYS BE THE MAN!!!!

That is low if they booed him at a basketball game. I hate him but I wouldn't boo him at a Heat game, but I don't know if I would cheer either. I think I would just keep quiet.

2 years later....

and people are still getting over Marino's retirement. As far as the booing of Fiedler, I don't think it has much to do with Miami fans in South Florida in particular. If he had played at Detroit for almost 20 years and the fans were used to having winning seasons and an awesome QB, then I'm sure they would boo the next guy to replace him there as well. Anybody STILL trying to compare Fiedler with Marino, give it up.:rolleyes: They're two totally different types of QB's so the comparison should stop right there. You can't expect Fiedler to throw a ball with laser beam accuracy every time like Dan, and you certainly couldn't expect Dan to scramble for a first down or a TD, like Fiedler can do. Ok, that's my two cents...:cool:

i believe those who booed jay just dont know the game of football. he stepped into an impossible situation and has played his heart out. he could've easily left and started in washington but stayed, he's a trooper
ps- those of you who boo him, chew on this: i wonder how close the fins were to signing elvis grbac last year.

Marino will always be missed no matter what. But other QB's that have followed icons before them have been treated unfairly by fans. I know Steve Young and Brian Griese have taken abuse by their local fans when they replaced both Elway and Montana. It really is unfair. Marino is the greatest to all of us Dolphin Fans, but Jay Fielder has played well considering the conditions... I support Fielder 100 percent!

Fiedler is not now, nor will he ever be Marino. It's fair to compare Fiedler, or virtually any other QB in this league to Marino; they just won't measure up. Fiedler is a good QB who will, one day soon, be a Pro Bowl QB. Anyone who boos Fiedler or the 'Fins for that matter, are simply a bunch of spoiled annoying fans who deserve to follow Cincinatti not Miami. Too bad we can't just ship them all to the Bungles so they'd really have a reason to boo.
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Re: YOU'RE NOT FROM CLEVELAND!!!!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
TRUST ME!! I like to compare it to seeing an EX-GIRLFRIEND!! It hurts a little bit everytime you see them and you realize it's over!!!:cry: DAN WILL ALWAYS BE THE MAN!!!!

Excellent analogy my man.

Plus the league has changed it's philosophy and on purposely hold back QB's to play as "just another guy on the team". Play to not 'lose' it so to speak.

Plus the league has changed it's philosophy and on purposely hold back QB's to play as "just another guy on the team". Play to not 'lose' it so to speak.
A philosophy with which I disagree. It implies a sense of stagnation in leadership, quality of play, and the sport in general if the player in the most demanding position on the team is told "don't do anything wrong" instead of "go for it." But then again, since things became "politically correct" we have become a society in which everything which might possibly have the slightest chance of a hint of being offending to anyone anywhere at anytime is not longer considered acceptable - so we are beginning the slow descent into the "lowest common denominator" syndrome. Ah, well.

Back
Top Bottom