our biggest weakness is quarterback!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

our biggest weakness is quarterback!!!!

finsgonewild said:
as of right now our starting quarterback is our weakest position. We do not know how good feeley will be. We do not know if he will be a superstar or a bust. For him not to beat out Jay Fiedler makes me skeptical about him. At the end of the season last year we saw some great starts from him. Quarterback is the most important position in football. They are what guides the entire offense. Without a great quarterback it is hard to win a superbowl. There is exceptions such as Dilfer with baltimore but that is rare.
You look at the last superbowl winners, they have good quarterbacks. Brady and Kurt Warner in his prime are examples. Now for us to start winning we need a quarterback that can manage the game. AJ Feeley may not be a brady or kurt warner(in his prime) but he has the tools to be a pro bowl quarterback. We saw some great things for Feeley when he had time to throw the ball. Hopefully with an improved line he will be even better.
.....If Feeley does not play up to his potential this year we need to draft a quarterback. All I am asking from Feeley is for my sake and other fans to be a big step above fiedler. Our team does not have 5 years to waste with a terrible quarterback. We have a great defense that may not be intact for much longer.

And this is the weakest post I've seen in a while......

We allready knew we didnt have an up to par QB. hopefully thats what we'll work on in the up-coming year. Or trading to get a decent one

alopez34 said:
que? :roflmao:

no but really to call feely the bigest weekness is a joke. if u watch tapes from last year it will show u that most of his pics were thrown while under extraordinary amounts of pressure that most qbs dont even have nightmares about. Mark my words ANY QB EVEN PAYTON MANNING TOM BRADY AND DARE I SAY IT DAN MARINO WOULD HAVE LOOKED BAD IN OUR OFFENSE LAST YEAR.

To compare Aj Feeley to three hall of fame Qb's is a joke IMO.

Our biggest weakness is two-gap DT depth and FS.

awing_pilot said:
:yeahthat: and o-line is still a huge question. I haven't seen houck turn ****e to gld quite yet.. :D

He did for the Chargers. Their line was crap until he turned it around.

Biggest weakness QB. Not a chance! If you give Sage ten seconds in the pocket to find a reciever he will. Our oline last year sucked and even Dan the Man would of been flagged for a 100 intentional grounding calls. I swear that rule was put in because of Marino refusing to take a sack.

You protect a QB even a crappy one and he will look like a star. Warriner had protection and shone, Brady has protection, and even Drew Brees who has sucked incredibly finally has protection and now looks like a probowler. Protect the QB and even Barney off the kids show could look stellar!

I pray Houck works magic for if he doesnt its going to be a long season and our defence will look awful for they will be exhausted once again.

At least there is hope, something that did not exist last year! Give a QB 4 seconds and he is good, give him 5 or 6 and he is a probowler. One exception is Neil O'donnell of Pittsburg fame. Man did that guy suck!

awing_pilot said:
:yeahthat: and o-line is still a huge question. I haven't seen houck turn ****e to gld quite yet.. :D
You must have missed all the charger games last year. Making 7th rd fodder like shane olivea into a good starter. This guy has the midas touch. Believe the hype.

When Frerotte beats out AJ it wont be as bad dude so i wouldnt worry too much. Aj is a terrible practice player, even worse then in the games amazingly; i didnt know it was possible. Frerotte can at least manage a game properly as he has shown at his previous stops. Hes not the 2nd coming but you can get as far as fiedler took us with him and after last season id settle for that.

djfresh47 said:
To compare Aj Feeley to three hall of fame Qb's is a joke IMO.
Thats what people do though when they have no other recourse but to say well so and so would have struggled. People who watch the games realize well no they wouldnt struggle; theyd just not thorw the ball and put our D in bad position contiously. And then theres the little factor that good players actually make their team better but shhhhh dont tell the Aj supporters that. :wink:

I'm not gonna say anything about how good or bad AJ is until I see him with a good o-line and good running game. As is, I think he has some potential and liked the way he played hard and made some good throws last year. If he still throws a ton of ints then yank him, but lets wait for judegement until then.

Boik14 said:
When Frerotte beats out AJ it wont be as bad dude so i wouldnt worry too much. Aj is a terrible practice player, even worse then in the games amazingly; i didnt know it was possible. Frerotte can at least manage a game properly as he has shown at his previous stops. Hes not the 2nd coming but you can get as far as fiedler took us with him and after last season id settle for that.

Frerotte has had one good season in 12 years in the league. I sure hope Feeley works out and we don't have to turn to him. Feeley is smart, but the numbers of success/failures are against him. Does that mean he can't? No. Just means it wont be easy. Feeley has faults, so does Frerotte. I would rather Feeley succed then Gus. He brings more to the field if he gets his head on straight then what Gus would.

Back
Top Bottom