Our D will NEVER get to Losman now!!!!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our D will NEVER get to Losman now!!!!!!

baalworship said:
It's been a long time since Saban has been in the NFL. Ask Joe Gibbs if you can leave the NFL for 10 years and jump right back into it. The point is that college superstar big name coaches have not panned out that well in the NFL and your coach's NFL experience was in a completely different era.

Is signing the big name college coach good to appease the fans? Sure. Does it translate into wins in the NFL? The big name college coaches have not delivered anywhere near the hype they received or the large salaries that losing teams offered them.

That's because Joe Gibbs came from Nascar. Not a college championship team.

byroan said:
That's because Joe Gibbs came from Nascar. Not a college championship team.

Joe Gibbs won THREE Superbowls and left the NFL and looks lost since it's been a long time since he was there. Don't tell me that Saban, who hasn't coached in the NFL since the early 90's, (A totally different game now) will not need to play catch up.

If he doesn't try to learn what has been going on in the NFL in the last 10 years and thinks he knows it all he will be just another Spurrier. The NFL humbles college coaches that don't adapt.

baalworship said:
Joe Gibbs won THREE Superbowls and left the NFL and looks lost since it's been a long time since he was there. Don't tell me that Saban, who hasn't coached in the NFL since the early 90's, (A totally different game now) will not need to play catch up.

If he doesn't try to learn what has been going on in the NFL in the last 10 years and thinks he knows it all he will be just another Spurrier. The NFL humbles college coaches that don't adapt.
please explain how it is a TOTALLY different game.

Saban is a total wildcard as an NFL head coach. I don't care what he did in the early '90's or what he did in college. He is totally unproven and nothing will change that until the season begins. Saying he is anything but unproven is just stupid, I don't care how high your hopes are for him.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Justa, I thought you were one of the more knowledgeable fans on here, but obviously not, with a statement like that.
I'm sorry if all I did was state a FACT.

jlfin said:
He's had NFL experience and a proven track record as a winner. Trust me, if given the chance your own Bills front office would trade Mularkey for Saban in a heartbeat.
If being a defensive coord. is his track record, Wanny has a SB ring being one. That means Wanny is better than Saban. :lol: See the :hitself: w/ your logic?

WRONG! If we were so desperate like Wayne is, we would've offered him 4 million last year. HeLLOOO!!!! :rolleyes:

Predaphin said:
Justa, with statements like this you will lose credibility faster than you've earned it, your team has made a mistake and there's no way around it. Learn from your name and justadmit it.
If I lose my credibility w/ people like you, that would be a compliment. Saban is nothing more than a Spurrier or a Davis at this point. We made a mistake? We were 1 stupid blown call by the Zebra's from making playoffs. That's a FACT!Helloooooo!

Nublar7 said:
Hmm, Saban is more proven going into his first NFL head coaching job then Mularkey was. Not counting Assistant NFL jobs(TE coach, secondary coach, ect.) Mularkey had three years of being a Coordinator while Saban had four years of being an NFL Coordinator. Don't forget Saban was a head coach at the college level for 11 years. Hmm, Mularkey never had ANY Head Coaching experience. Yeah, Saban really is unproven. :rolleyes:
Wanny and Greg Williams were/are great defensive coordinators. :rolleyes: Like I said in an earlier post, if that is enough for you to call him proven, then Wanny is better than Saban because he has sb rings. :D

You guys made a mistake , you should've kept Wanny. He's a more proven DC than Saban and cheaper :lol:

Justasportsfan said:
If I lose my credibility w/ people like you, that would be a compliment. Saban is nothing more than a Spurrier or a Davis at this point. We made a mistake? We were 1 stupid blown call by the Zebra's from making playoffs. That's a FACT!Helloooooo!

And I'm sure the "Zebra's" never blew a call resulting in a Buffalo win? Stop making excuses, you're team chumped out under Mularkey.

GrnMtnMan said:
And I'm sure the "Zebra's" never blew a call resulting in a Buffalo win? Stop making excuses, you're team chumped out under Mularkey.
You don't like facts, do you?

Back
Top Bottom