Our Draft Picks??????? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Draft Picks???????

I think most teams try to sign their rookies right before the start of TC. Not all but most. Since they have a rookie allotted cap and that total counts against their overall cap for the season and the top 53 signed players count towards your cap for the pre-season, (until your final roster is set) They can get additional players in for the mini-amps and off season workouts. You will see a flury of signings starting next week for most teams. It's been like that for about 5-8 years now. If they wait they won't have their 1-2 round picks counting against the cap until TC, outside of the rookie allotted cap.

PhinDude88 said:
You can sign your drafted rookies anytime that you want to.

I would say that either this week or next week the rookies agent will start to talk about contracts.

yeah i would say around then too because training camp is around the corner and we dont want any rookies holding out:shakeno:

FinsAreLife said:
yeah i would say around then too because training camp is around the corner and we dont want any rookies holding out:shakeno:

Last year i believe that we signed all of our drafted rookies a day or two before TC starts. I am hoping that we can do the same this year.

THere was an article a few weeks ago that mentioned the team wanted to start getting serious about this after the 4th of July.

I think the lack of a extention of the CBA between the NFL and the Players Assoc. will impact the signings of the first 2 rounds for all the teams.

There was a Len P. article recently that said that only about 34 picks have been signed league wide. That number is actually ahead of last year's pace where only 30 had been signed by this time.

Back
Top Bottom