Our Draft Picks??????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Draft Picks???????

Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know if we have signed any of
them yet?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
finswin56 said:
I don't think the rookie signing period has begun yet.



You can sign your drafted rookies anytime that you want to.


I would say that either this week or next week the rookies agent will start to talk about contracts.
 

Nicky Napoleon

We'll Miss You Nubs
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
2,965
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
Orlando,Fl
finswin56 said:
I don't think the rookie signing period has begun yet.

There is no such period..... Actually if you look back didnt the Bengals already have a deal with Palmer before the draft.
 

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
6,948
Reaction score
4
Location
Maryland
finswin56 said:
I don't think the rookie signing period has begun yet.
Yeah, as it has been stated.. there's not set time and quite a few teams have already signed some of their rookies. It really starts to pick up late July and August but as of now we have not signed any of our rookies.
 

keys_finfan

Starter
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
314
Reaction score
0
There is no such period..... Actually if you look back didnt the Bengals already have a deal with Palmer before the draft.
yeah that did happen they had a deal before the draft
 

GreenMonster

Never con a con man
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,912
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Atlanta
Some picks from this years drafted already signed but once one gets the slotting going they all fall in line mostly..
 

Quelonio

El rey de la Pachacha
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
6,519
Reaction score
2
Age
37
Location
New York City
keys_finfan said:
yeah that did happen they had a deal before the draft

But that can only happen if you have the number one overall pick. If you don't you have to wait. But I have read that this year negotiations have gone really slow, at this time this year, a lot of 7 rounders and second day picks were signed, and also one 1st rounder (jason Babin of the Texans) so it has been slow, I hope it does not mean that we will have problems.
 

CitizenSnips

Ready for Henne.
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
6,921
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Quelonio said:
But that can only happen if you have the number one overall pick. If you don't you have to wait. But I have read that this year negotiations have gone really slow, at this time this year, a lot of 7 rounders and second day picks were signed, and also one 1st rounder (jason Babin of the Texans) so it has been slow, I hope it does not mean that we will have problems.

the jets signed there 3rd round pick i beleive. if that means anything.
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,177
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Only the first pick in the draft can be signed before it. Every other pick has to wait until after he has been drafted.

Draft signings are always slow. It'll start to pick up on Monday but don't expect most first rounders to be signed until a week before camp.
 
Top Bottom