our final recievers? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

our final recievers?

chambers, booker, welker, hagan, vick(i think his final match has earned him a roster spot) IF we have a 6th reciever gibson but that is a big if

McMichael said:
it seems like we have quite a few choices... i think vick will make the team as backup kick-returner/WO/emergency quarterback. what do u guys think for our recievers??

1.chambers
2.booker
3.hagan/welker
4 5 6 mystery!
campbell will make it and soon take over the #3 cause hes all speed defenders have to commit penalties just to cover him.Just like last nite.we got 49 yds worth of penalties out of the rams on 2 plays and that was the first Quarter.You cant cover sheer speed.And if hes healthy id put him on kick returns let welker handle the punts:cooldude:

Here's a link that will give more insight into our WR position. It looks like Gibson has an injured arm that is serious enoughh he might not make the squad because of it and Campbell's quad is hurt again. Check it out......
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/15412220.htm

QUOTE:
And that praise was understandable as Campbell drew two pass-interference penalties both times the football was thrown his way -- for gains of 25 and 14 yards.
But midway through the fourth quarter, the Dolphins announced Campbell would not return for the rest of the game. He was out with the same quad injury.
''I don't know what his situation is,'' Saban said.
The Dolphins also reported an arm injury by Gibson in the fourth quarter. If the injury is serious, that may force the Dolphins to rethink their plans of keeping Gibson on the active roster.

Injuries will dictate the roster more than ANYTHING else ....

The most logical arguments in this thread revolve around value of the 5-6 WRs ...

Because Welker already plays on STs .... Hagan 'can' get away without it ...

But anyone beyond #4 will HAVE to play STs to make the squad ...

What that means for VICK, GIBSON, CAMPBELL - its hard to say right now, but its clear that VICK & CAMPBELL both do .... equally, VICK hasn't done ANYTHING against 1st or 2nd teamers .....

One thing that is obvious though is that VICK really does need a year of development to get to where he needs to be ...

Campbell brings speed,chemistry with Daunte,and expierence but this reoccuring quad injury kind of bothers me.I really wish we could hang on to all our recievers cause its nice to have young guys with talent like Gibson,Aromo,Russell.

1 Chambers
2 Booker
3 Welker
4 Hagan
5 Gibson

PS Vick & Aromashodu

If we try and put Gibson on the PS he will get claimed and that will be the end of him. The Vikings and a few other teams are in need of a quality 4th/5th WR. No one else showed interest in signing Vick as an undrafted FA because of his past history, I really doubt now 4 months later teams will be climbing all over themselves to get a short undersized WR.

Kdawg954 said:
The knock on Vick and his doubters were that we haven't seen enuff of him at WR this preseason . . . I think tonight he proved to have excellent hands, made tuff catches, ran good routes, caught extremely high punts . . .played some QB, I mean, how do u not keep him.

It will be tuff to do 6 receivers, but with the talent of Vick and Gibson, Saban may have to, which will short us probably at TE or maybe even RB, with us doing Barnes (I have him ranked over Beasley right now, the kid plays special teams and is showing off some hands now, better blocker than Beasley IMO and younger, I stick with him), Brown, Morris (also backup FB) and either Minor, Harris or another option not currently with the team. Not to mention I am hearing more and more that Vick is an emergency option at RB, slash fa sho. Teyo Johnson looked good tonight, but I guess many will feel too little too late. So TE is probably Peele, RAdar and McMike.

Presumming 25 offensive positions.

3 QB
6 WR
3 TE
4 RB/FB
9 OL

Perfect.

It does not matter if he is versitile. When you have better QBs than him, Better WRs than him, & better KRs + PRs than him. You keep the best plays for each position and Vick is not the best at any of those.

McMichael said:
yah hopefully no other team takes him...

but guys, i think we are overrating vick a little here... especially as a reciever. if his name is Marcus Jones instead of Marcus Vick , are we even talking about him right now? seriously? if u ask me he's made one very nice catch so far, the one over the middle.

other than that, he seems to have nice hands in the punt return game, and possibly an emergency QB, but i rly think we're overrating him just a bit cuz of his name
:lol: Watch some college clips. Vick is a better athlete than 90% of the NFL players.

1. Chambers
2. Booker
3. Hagan - he's showed up big the last 3 games, especially last night
4. Welker
5. Gibson
6. Vick/Campbell

G-Force said:
:lol: Watch some college clips. Vick is a better athlete than 90% of the NFL players.

Yeah and Michael Vick is a better athlete than I'll say every starting QB in the NFL. but he is a worse than 95% of then at the position. so whats your point. being athletic doesn't make you a better player.

KingCrowder said:
Yeah and Michael Vick is a better athlete than I'll say every starting QB in the NFL. but he is a worse than 95% of then at the position. so whats your point. being athletic doesn't make you a better player.

It makes you a better player if your coach knows how to use you. Marcus is being tested at lots of positions, contrary to what happens with Michael.

KingCrowder said:
It does not matter if he is versitile. When you have better QBs than him, Better WRs than him, & better KRs + PRs than him. You keep the best plays for each position and Vick is not the best at any of those.
Vick is very valuable at QB. If Daunte and Joey go down, Vick could go on in and keep the emergency QB off the field. As for WR, this is to be expected. He has never played WR in his life, Gibson/Russell have, and yet Vick runs very good routes, I'd say 3rd best on the team, he has terrefic hands, and is a great blocker, he's a notch below Gibson in my opinion but only because of experienced. And Vick is the primary back up to Welker on KR/PR.
IMHO, Vick makes this team.

mcteems said:
Here it is:

1. Chambers
2. Booker
3. Welker
4. Hagan
5. Vick

Gibson goes to the practice squad for another season. Campbell gets cut.
Took the words out of my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom