Our Kick Return game is equally important as our QB situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Kick Return game is equally important as our QB situation

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Hell I would rather have a tremendous upgrade on our kick returns for next year as opposed to worrying about which QB we will draft to play backup.

Derrick Abney (from UK)

He is small, but tough. I think he broke NCAA record for kickoff and punt yardage. Don't know exactly though. He may not get drafted due to size but he can do better than Minor or Rogers hands down. Hell Id say he would do better against 12 players than they do against 11.

So it seems that what you are saying is that we need to spend our first round draft pick on a KR?? Good thing your not running the show. Ala Oakland drafting a kicker in the first round 4 years ago.

No it's not.. Let's compare the number of offensive snaps in a game and the number of kick returns in a game..

Any thoughts??

Qb is definately more important

Originally posted by chambers84
So it seems that what you are saying is that we need to spend our first round draft pick on a KR??

Exactly, if it were that important no one would be on this site discussing our QB woes.

Why don't we send our first to KC for Dante Hall?

Do you think fans aer going to be pleased by this....

NO!!!

I would have to utterly and completely disagree with you on this one on every single level. The QB is an integral part of the inner workings of the entire team whereas the kick return game is a complimentary aspect of the game. Miami's kick return game is not great (i.e. it doesn't win games for us) but it's not bad either because our guys rarely fumble and, therefore, do not lose games for us.

There is no comparison, a QB is in a different stratosphere of importance from the kick return game. As one more example of this think about this: when was the last time ANY team took a guy who was considered JUST a great kick returner in the first round? Answer: Never. There are guys who are taken as RB's, DB's, WR's, etc who are ALSO good kick returners but kick returning is never the primary reason for drafting anyone in the first or even second round for that matter.

You people are funny. I didn't say draft a KR with our #1. Im simply stating that all the people who think drafting Rivers with our #1 are ludicrous in believing that the team NEXT YEAR will be better.

If I had my choice between Keeping Fiedler and having an awesome KR/PR or Rivers with T. Minor running at as many opposing players as possible in hopes they all fall down. I would take the first option.

How many times did we cross the 40 yard line on Returns. We are better off taking a touchback every time. Our O would have looked a lot better last year if they started drives around the 40 as opposed to the 20.

Come on I am just saying that a QB is not going to do anything but put and end to the infamous Jay Fiedler Forum.

Personally I didn't think Minor did that bad of a job. He didn't break any but he was pretty consistent.

Rivers may be great but his impact will not be felt until 2006 or 2007.

That sucks. Ricky's body is going to be ripped to shreds by then. And that is unacceptable.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Rivers may be great but his impact will not be felt until 2006 or 2007.

That sucks. Ricky's body is going to be ripped to shreds by then. And that is unacceptable.

Again get somebody in Free Agency. What is so hard to understand about that??

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
You people are funny. I didn't say draft a KR with our #1. Im simply stating that all the people who think drafting Rivers with our #1 are ludicrous in believing that the team NEXT YEAR will be better.

If I had my choice between Keeping Fiedler and having an awesome KR/PR or Rivers with T. Minor running at as many opposing players as possible in hopes they all fall down. I would take the first option.

How many times did we cross the 40 yard line on Returns. We are better off taking a touchback every time. Our O would have looked a lot better last year if they started drives around the 40 as opposed to the 20.

Come on I am just saying that a QB is not going to do anything but put and end to the infamous Jay Fiedler Forum.

Actually, that's not what you wrote at all. What you wrote was that the QB position and a kick returner were of equal importance. Next time you should really write what you mean otherwise don't expect us all to be a bunch of mind readers around here, we're not. :shakeno:

Originally posted by chambers84

Again get somebody in Free Agency. What is so hard to understand about that??

Exactly! It's apparent that there is a certain level of mental density in some of the posters around here when it comes to this topic. They'll get it eventually...nevermind, that's probably not going to happen.

Why is it difficult to accept that we sign a veteran QB to sit and hold the position for Rivers while he develops.

The least of are worries should be a kick returner. First and foremost we need some OL. If we wouldnt of had a rookie getting used game in and game out we would have had at least 2 more wins. This guy lost us the Colts game single handly. It seemed that when are o-line played half way decent Jay did a good job. Take the Thanksgiving day for example. It dosent matter who are qb is if the line plays the way they did last year we will once again miss the playoffs. Even if we had Dante Hall returning kicks it wouldnt make a difference

Mind readers that is funny as well. Sorry Ill be more clear next time. Anything to help out.

Oh yea and T. Minor was consistent. Consistently capable of catching the ball. Consistently capable of placing his left foot in front of his right foot and vise versa. And Consistently capable of providing excellent Field position at the 20- 25 yard line. That is our 20-25 yard line not the opponents.

All teams should be so fortunate to have such a consistent kick returner.

Back
Top Bottom