our LB situation?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

our LB situation??

hey doktor ivel, i really like that white background with the old and the new logos facing eachother...anyway you could send that to me? i'll give you an email address.
thanks

rickysux said:
OK i know we are stacked at LB and the only sure thing is zack in the middle
and seau will more than likley retain his position. but were do, pope,moore,spragen and crowder fit in? i think all 4 could be starters in this leauge could one be trade bait? could this be our 4 starters in the future in the 3-4?

Well, IMO, Pope is on the bubble of making the team...because he doesn't fit in Saban's preferred type of player...Moore will only make the team because he is a 2nd round pick and his cap number is manageable. He could fill in for ZT and play special teams, but again not the prototypical Saban LB (neither is ZT for that matter, but he has proven he can play in the league whereas the others haven't yet.. and his cap number makes it impossible to move him this year.) Spragan will be on the outside opposite Seau, with ZT in the middle on regular sets...when we shift out of the 4-3 set, Zach and Seau will be in the middle (although Crowder could play that spot as well) with Spragan and Crowder on the outside...now, as for disquised 3-4 set, I can see Crowder in the the presnap set as the MLB with Spraghan and Seau on the outside and having JT drop back into the up LB position and Crowder and Seau on the inside at the snap of the ball...There are several different varibles with respect to how Crowder and Seau can be used...they can both play either inside or outside in either the 3-4 or the 4-3...Spraghan is more of an OLB either way. I just don't see much use for Moore or Pope unless one of the starters gets hurt. At any rate, having Crowder is a big plus since he can fill in the MLB for ZT or OLB for Seau to rest them and still play along side of them as a 4th LB....

LarryFinFan said:
Well, IMO, Pope is on the bubble of making the team...because he doesn't fit in Saban's preferred type of player...Moore will only make the team because he is a 2nd round pick and his cap number is manageable. He could fill in for ZT and play special teams, but again not the prototypical Saban LB (neither is ZT for that matter, but he has proven he can play in the league whereas the others haven't yet.. and his cap number makes it impossible to move him this year.) Spragan will be on the outside opposite Seau, with ZT in the middle on regular sets...when we shift out of the 4-3 set, Zach and Seau will be in the middle (although Crowder could play that spot as well) with Spragan and Crowder on the outside...now, as for disquised 3-4 set, I can see Crowder in the the presnap set as the MLB with Spraghan and Seau on the outside and having JT drop back into the up LB position and Crowder and Seau on the inside at the snap of the ball...There are several different varibles with respect to how Crowder and Seau can be used...they can both play either inside or outside in either the 3-4 or the 4-3...Spraghan is more of an OLB either way. I just don't see much use for Moore or Pope unless one of the starters gets hurt. At any rate, having Crowder is a big plus since he can fill in the MLB for ZT or OLB for Seau to rest them and still play along side of them as a 4th LB....

I don't know where so many of you get the info that Moore is just a marginal player. He was pretty darn good in college (however, he was injury prone). He missed his rookie year due to a broken foot, but last year he played pretty well when given the opportunity. He is an athletic and instinctive player who I believe just needs to get more reps.

rickysux said:
OK i know we are stacked at LB and the only sure thing is zack in the middle
and seau will more than likley retain his position. but were do, pope,moore,spragen and crowder fit in? i think all 4 could be starters in this leauge could one be trade bait? could this be our 4 starters in the future in the 3-4?

I think Pope might fool some of you. This guy plays hard and did extemly well as a rookie last year. i can't see him getting cut. if anything he will be there for special teams.

If Tony Bua, can play Linebacker and Safety, then why couldnt Crowder? Crowder is Faster and has better hands.
i'm just saying that he could play there, but he will stay at Linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom