Our Left Handed Quarterback’s Weapons | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Left Handed Quarterback’s Weapons

Its more of a short term issue..your eyes have to get used to watching the ball in with a switched rotation.. after a few throwing sessions there will be no big issues. You saw Vicks wrs drop passable balls at a higher rate than normal but that was more of a velocity issue imo

Is he throwing curveballs the receiver needs to hit from the right side of the plate?

I still don't understand how he throws left and does everything else right handed that's crazy to me. Also the more I watch his highlights I see that Jerry Jeudy was ALWAYS open by about 5 yards lol. I hope Tua can fit in the those tight NFL windows. FINSUP!

With how sticky gloves are these days I don’t think the rotation will be a major factor. I think the stylistic differences in Tuas game and Fitz game could impact receiving options fairly significantly. Tuas accuracy and ability to get the ball out quickly should benefit Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant a lot, both players have small catch radiuses but are dynamic with the ball in their hands. Mike Gesicki didn’t break out until Fitzpatrick started really trusting him and throwing up contested passes and letting Gesicki go get the ball. I don’t expect Tua to be as aggressive throwing some of those contested passes. Same goes for Preston Williams, as a rookie Williams made some spectacular plays where he absolutely “mossed” defenders. But he also dropped some accurate passes and almost looked to lose focus on the easy catches from accurate balls. If DVP plays anything like last year he should be WR1 no matter whose playing his film was incredible late in the season. He is another guy though who can make big plays even when he’s covered and a young QB may not realize or trust his guys quite like Fitz does. I think those factors will be much more telling than the spin of the ball or hand the QB throws with

Tua's weapons are not Wide receivers or Tight ends... His weapons are footwork, pocket presence, vision, hard work and complete love of football.

Parker, Wilson, Williams and Gisiki are just ammo... it's going to be fun to watch :cheers: Hope the bars are open.

The direction the ball spins makes no difference at all. I know it's just HS, but my my freshman and sophomore year we had a right handed QB, and my Jr. And Sr. Year we had a lefty. It made no difference whatsoever(when the ball was thrown accurately).

Basically had the same experience. Not to say it wasn't slightly different but it didn't take long at all to get used to for me. The point angle and the way the fades made slight differences but really after a week or two of preseason there was really no difference. Ironically, and hopefully the case with the Phins, my lefty QB was a significantly better QB, which clearly is the real difference.

One thing no one really mentions is that Tua never really had a tall receiver to go to at bama. But because he is so accurate, he still dominated. With the WR corp he has now, he may be able to throw more contested jump balls and not always fitting in tight windows.

Nooooooo, of course it won’t matter.
Has it ever been an issue in the NFL? No
The issue is weather or not someone throws nice tight spirals in the area making it easy to catch, and NOT which freaking hand they throw with.

If that happens I guess we’ll just have to replace our receiving corps with Australians. I’m assuming that balls spin in the opposite rotation in the Southern Hemisphere, just like the swirl of flushing toilets do. So they should be used to it already. Would that fix the problem?

Back
Top Bottom