Our new coach has a sense of humor and doesn't end every sentence with "That way" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our new coach has a sense of humor and doesn't end every sentence with "That way"

catch22

New Mexico Fin Fan
Reaction score
Just watched and read some interviews with Coach Philbin from the past few years. He is actually a pretty funny guy and I like that. I think Coach Sparano was sometimes hard to watch in interviews as a fan because he almost never said anything interesting and ended almost every sentence with "that way".

Here is a little story from Dave Hyde's recent interview with Philbin that I thought was awesome.

He had a wife, four children and no job. He flew to New Orleans to interview at Tulane. This wasn't the Joe Philbin the​
Dolphins
hired after managing the​
Green Bay Packers
' offense to record numbers and a​
Super Bowl
win.
This was a young Joe Philbin who went to Ohio University, was fired with the rest of the staff after one season and was scrambling to find another job before the offseason music stopped.

"Did you get the job?" she asked.

"No,'' he said.

She held up the pregnancy test. Their fifth child was on the way. And now the older Joe Philbin, the one the Dolphins hired, stands in a hallway nearly a couple of decades later and delivers the kicker.
"So when people ask if I've known pressure …'' he says................​

Sparano always said, "I really do". Sutff like, I think he is a talented guy, "I really do". Always made me wonder if he didn't say "I really do" if maybe he was lying! Ha Ha
Now he can say, "I like the Jets, I really do".

Yea...the "I really do" used to get on my nerves "that way".

Sparano always said, "I really do". Sutff like, I think he is a talented guy, "I really do". Always made me wonder if he didn't say "I really do" if maybe he was lying! Ha Ha
Now he can say, "I like the Jets, I really do".

Haha,, I just watched his first jets interview and he really does say I really do alot!

Im really liking Philbin, this has the feeling of "destiny" written all over it...

As long as Philbin doesn't do a fist pump after a Field Goal I will he happy.

As long as Philbin doesn't do a fist pump after a Field Goal I will he happy.

It's going to be a strange sight to see someone on the sidelines fist-pumping themselves into ecstasy wearing Jets gear.

Hope they enjoy it was much as we did.

:lol:

It's going to be a strange sight to see someone on the sidelines fist-pumping themselves into ecstasy wearing Jets gear.

Hope they enjoy it was much as we did.

:lol:

You my friend are one sick puppy, Ecstacy hahaha.

The thing I remember was when he got here TS used to finish his sentances by saying OK, but it sounded like K or the ever popular Canadian, Eh. In fact somebody here asked if he was Canadian because it sounded like Eh.

So keep it between the navagaional beacons K.

The Ever LOLing VIPER

I don't think Coach Philbin will have to explain what "chunk yardage" is considering his offense has shown he can produce such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom