Our QB situation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our QB situation

If Feeley plays the same way he did last year Hudson Hauck will be fired lol!

Until we protect the guy for longer than two seconds no one knows what Feeley can do. If he gets the protection and still sucks cut him for I dont think any team would waste a pick on him if he is sucking.

As for drafting any other QB, if the Oline sucks our QB's will suck no matter who they are.

I dont have a tonne of faith in Feeley and Gus is definately not the answer but even Gus with a good Oline in front of him could be very productive.

finfan54 said:
I think we are drafting Alex Smith and AJ Feeley will not be on the roster come September. Why would we resign Rosenfels? why would Rosenfels want to resign here under these circumstances? Feeley will be thrown to the streets sooner or later. Bank on it.
I think Saban got more sense then that, he will not get Alex Smith....bank on it.

We paid Rosenfels almost no signing bonus if any. WHO THE HELL CARES IF WE HAVE HIM ON OUR ROSTER

I want Feeley to start this year, but I still want to draft McPherson. He'd need to sit on the bench his first year or two anyways.

I dont think that we will draft a QB, why would we have signed Gus?
it dosn't make sense to sign 2 QB's (sage and Gus) and then draft one....
Didn't Saban say that he would like Gus and Feeley to compete for no.1 spot?
he also talked about how he thought Feeley just needs to learn.
We need a RB, and DRUGS
(Damn,
Ricky,
Under influence of,
Ganga....
Sorry!)
isnt gonna come and save us, so we either get edge, shaun or draft one.

dol_fan_81 said:
I dont think that we will draft a QB, why would we have signed Gus?
it dosn't make sense to sign 2 QB's (sage and Gus) and then draft one....
Didn't Saban say that he would like Gus and Feeley to compete for no.1 spot?
he also talked about how he thought Feeley just needs to learn.
We need a RB, and DRUGS
(Damn,
Ricky,
Under influence of,
Ganga....
Sorry!)
isnt gonna come and save us, so we either get edge, shaun or draft one.

Lets say Ricky doesnt come back. Who says we need one of the big 3 backs anyway? How many times did Minnesota have a league leading rusher under Linehan? He had three good backs last year and not a great one, unless you consider Bennett(I cant stay healthy) running bye and away from your DB's.

We have Sammy Morris who wasnt looking too bad last year at the end even with all the nagging injuries. Minor who isnt a feature back was always a good 3rd down back. And, dont forget the forgotten man Gordon. I wouldnt be surprised if we dont go QB or RB in the first day of the draft.

fin-atic said:
Uhmm...wasn't that Feeley who beat the Pats on Monday night?

He got better and better as the year went on. If he continues that he will be fine.

Mcphearson would be way down on my list.

Yea but do you want a QB who will be "just fine"? Im kinda tired of these "just fine" QB's that weve had here for years. Im hoping Saban drafts Rodgers or Smith...whoever is there and if they are both there whoever he feels like will help the club more. Why you ask? In order to increase our chance of QB success.

I think our QB situation is fine at least for this year. Feeley was starting to come along towards the end of the year. If we can give him a good running game and better protection I think you'll see more improvement from him this season. If he doesn't, well then I think we'll know what we have with him and then we can start looking in other directions. Right now I don't think it's fair to look at taking a QB with a high 1st round pick without really knowing what to expect from Feeley.

If Feeley fails this year then I'm perfectly comfortable with Gus leading the offence for a year or two. He's familiar with the offence and looked good in relief duty of C-Pep in Minnesota when given the chance. I'm not worried about our QBs at all heading into the season and I just hope that Saban is as comfortable and is a reasonable enough man to see what he's got at QB first without resorting to drafting one in the 1st round. I'll be very disappointed if we take Smith.

Someone please tell me which games Feeley showed promise in? He made one good throw to a 6'2 WR who was being covered by a 5'10 WR. He came out the next week (which was his last game BTW) and threw for 176 yards on 43 attempts vs Cleveland. That was pathetic. Feeley goes from costing us game to not costing us games and some fans seem to think that's
improvement? How much do you guys value the QB position? Do you think there is another team in the NFL that would tolerate such inept play from their starting QB? He displayed zero playmaking skills - his only 300 yard game was a game where he threw for 5 int's (not to mention 1 returned for a TD by Pat Williams). He threw a total of 5 int's returned for TD's (plus one more on a fumble) and he only started just over half the games.

As for McPherson...teams will be very weary about taking him with his gambling background. This is compounded by the fact he plays the most important position on the field. He can claim to have grown up all he wants but do we really know? If he falls into a bad situation with his gambling, how will that translate to on-field performance? What if the unthinkable happened? Further to that, he barely started in college and would take several years to develop - if he would even develop at all. No team will use a second round pick on such a question mark.

mcpherson is the answer. feely is not. ohhh he has potential yeah well i got potential to it doesnt mean im gunna be the starting quarter back for the phins. feely is good ill give u that but hes not that game breaker frnachise qb. im tired of being mediocre for the past 5 years. if feely starts well be lucky to get the play offs extremely lucky and if we get there well loose in the first round like every year because every year we have had a mediocre qb.we need a fresh start, if theres controversy then saban needs rto bring in his own guy so that there is no controversy he could en it like that. no gus no feely and definelly no sage. just draft our frnachise qb in mcpherson and if we have to get him a little early with the second we get from KC then so be it.

bryancox51fan said:
no, it wasnt Feeley it was the team
You are absolutely right, it was a team victory.

But I am absolutely right in saying that Feeley threw the game winning, 4th down, 20 yds. TD!

i for one am tired of picking up scrubs like fiedler and feeley and trying to turn them into something. yea, feeley has a lazer, but there are guys with lazers pumping gas at your local bp station, too. imo the qb thing isn't a smokescreen at all; saban has indicated that a rb at #2 is not ideal and i don't think that he is sold on feeley ever being anything more than a caretaker. sban also intimated that qb is the most important position on the field, and what do you know, we have the #2 pick and alex smith could very well be there with that pick. yea, 1st round qbs are high risk, but are also high reward, and saban can't count on just uncovering a franchise qb in the depths of the draft or buried in someone else's depth chart. my preference is to trade down and take caddy at #5, but i realize that the opportunity for the fins to get a franchise passer is right in front of them, all they have to do come saturday is pull the trigger so hopefully we can nail down the premier position on this team for the next 10 years.

Disnardo said:
You are absolutely righ it was a team victory.

But I am absolutely right in saying that Feeley threw the game winning TD!

Does that erase the fact that he played poorly most of the time? 7 INTs returned for TDs, 15 overall and merely 11 TDs. I hope and think he will improve, but last year he struggled immensley.

Back
Top Bottom