Our Smokescreens Worked | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Smokescreens Worked

dunbar1352

Active Roster
Reaction score
I believe the whole Gase is in love with Mayfield and then Gase is in love with Rosen. It definitely was a smokescreen, think about it Gase was in love with Mayfield when everyone thought he would be the 4th QB drafted and could fall to Miami's pick. Then they loved Rosen when he was expected to fall(which he did) to us. The raiders were not going to draft a QB so Arizona moved ahead of us to get Rosen because they feared we would take him with the aforementioned Gase Love thus pushing Fitzpatrick to us. The dolphins wanted all 4 QBs to go ahead of our pick so they could get either Smith or Fitzpatrick (I believe he was the target all along with our team knowing we would have 2 top QBs from this draft and Tom Brady in our division. He's the perfect counter). So our smokescreen worked

I don’t know if it worked or not, but outside of Roquan Smith, the FS with range in Fitzpatrick was next on my wish list. Never thought he would fall to us. I was so happy when I saw the Cards jump up in front of us... and then panicked a little thinking “oh wait, we could still muff this up”. LOL

But smokescreens are overrated.
. In the League itself smokescreens work but I can see why fans would dislike it because it gets us hyped up about a player that we have no intentions of drafting.....I know your reply was sarcasm and Im on your side

I believe the whole Gase is in love with Mayfield and then Gase is in love with Rosen. It definitely was a smokescreen, think about it Gase was in love with Mayfield when everyone thought he would be the 4th QB drafted and could fall to Miami's pick. Then they loved Rosen when he was expected to fall(which he did) to us. The raiders were not going to draft a QB so Arizona moved ahead of us to get Rosen because they feared we would take him with the aforementioned Gase Love thus pushing Fitzpatrick to us. The dolphins wanted all 4 QBs to go ahead of our pick so they could get either Smith or Fitzpatrick (I believe he was the target all along with our team knowing we would have 2 top QBs from this draft and Tom Brady in our division. He's the perfect counter). So our smokescreen worked

You and others are giving this front office to much credit, despite there shortcomings in personnel and cap management. But hey, the smoke screen worked on you.

736c7a6199877f733b4212e8ba389a10--funny-animal-jokes-funny-jokes.jpg

They were only 3 picks behind Miami and none of those 3 teams need a QB, why make the move?
They just need to BELIEVE we'll take Rosen.
Don't make the move, the Cardinals could be kicking themselves; so they went for it. Or fear Miami would trade with a team that wanted Rosen.

They just need to BELIEVE we'll take Rosen.
Don't make the move, the Cardinals could be kicking themselves; so they went for it. Or fear Miami would trade with a team that wanted Rosen.
a trade-up by another team for Rosen was possible but I believe they jumped Miami specifically because of the pre-draft rumors

Back
Top Bottom