Our Smokescreens Worked | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Smokescreens Worked

You and others are giving this front office to much credit, despite there shortcomings in personnel and cap management. But hey, the smoke screen worked on you.

View attachment 12084
All I have to say is I love the Dolphins win, lose, bad contract, Ted Ginn Jr, 1-15,etc. I see them making positive moves forward and I am happy about it. I don't dwell on the past or let myself get worked up about things they did I disliked because I love the Dolphins. FO and all NO MATTER WHAT

I wish it would've worked well enough to get an opportunity to trade down

All I have to say is I love the Dolphins win, lose, bad contract, Ted Ginn Jr, 1-15,etc. I see them making positive moves forward and I am happy about it. I don't dwell on the past or let myself get worked up about things they did I disliked because I love the Dolphins. FO and all NO MATTER WHAT

I used to be like you, then actually paying to attend, watch and support them caught up to reality.

Sorry, but being a winner with a road map is far better than wondering aimlessly between mediocrity and 2 PO appearances this past decade...is a bridge to far. Actually I want to blow up that bridge at this point.

I wish it would've worked well enough to get an opportunity to trade down
why trade down in that spot there were four defensive studs available when we picked or projected studs at least. Like I stated before with our division rivals set at QB(or are at least thought to be) Minkah is the perfect player in this draft to counter that

I used to be like you, then actually paying to attend, watch and support them caught up to reality.

Sorry, but being a winner with a road map is far better than wondering aimlessly between mediocrity and 2 PO appearances this past decade...is a bridge to far. Actually I want to blow up that bridge at this point.
I've been a fan for 31yrs. I don't think my views will change. I loved Chris Chambers. I was pissed when they traded him and I will not unleash my crazy by speaking of the ninth overall pick in the 07 draft. Those two moves are the absolute worst for me and I still love them and watch/attend games. I hope to never be a miserable fan(no offense)

The only time I ever hated the organization is when they went ahead and let Marino retire on my birthday. Talk about it's my party and I'll cry if I want to(joke for the older fans). But. You would cry to if it happened to you

I've been a fan for 31yrs. I don't think my views will change. I loved Chris Chambers. I was pissed when they traded him and I will not unleash my crazy by speaking of the ninth overall pick in the 07 draft. Those two moves are the absolute worst for me and I still love them and watch/attend games. I hope to never be a miserable fan(no offense)

I'm not miserable. I just choose to not have a opinion I know is borderline, insane.

They were only 3 picks behind Miami and none of those 3 teams need a QB, why make the move?
Because any one of qb needy teams could have made the move up. I'm happy with what we did, Tannenbaum restrained himself and we are in fine position going into day 2. Love the Minkah pick.

I normally think our front office is full of buffoons, but this whole thing was too calculated. I think the sudden interest in Rosen when everyone got wind that Mayfield would be GONE no later than #3 overall was no coincidence. The leak - FROM THE TEAM - to national media that Miami told Tannehill he's the starter in 2018 'if' they draft a 1st round quarterback was so transparent it was absurd.

I think the really stunning thing is that it actually worked.

Agreed. We put out a LOT of smokescreens, and our minions (the media) did their job and reported on them all.

I'm shocked and excited that we drafted the best DB in the draft and followed that up with the best TE in the draft. We added two physical freaks who are good citizens, grinders, skilled, team-oriented, and vocal leaders. If Gase was serious about culture, there are no better players than those two. They have it ALL. This draft feels like one of those super-generous draft programs we all play with before the draft ... but we actually GOT those steals. Wow ... thanks.

Christmas in April.

Agreed. We put out a LOT of smokescreens, and our minions (the media) did their job and reported on them all.

I'm shocked and excited that we drafted the best DB in the draft and followed that up with the best TE in the draft. We added two physical freaks who are good citizens, grinders, skilled, team-oriented, and vocal leaders. If Gase was serious about culture, there are no better players than those two. They have it ALL. This draft feels like one of those super-generous draft programs we all play with before the draft ... but we actually GOT those steals. Wow ... thanks.

Christmas in April.

Best draft in a long time, so far.

Hopefully this is a sign that the culture has changed in Miami -- and the talent eval has also changed!

LD

It certainly feels different these last two seasons. It feels like Grier has mastered the ability to create Big Smoke screens around his intentions. It also seems like he's reigned in Tannenbaum. It definitely feels different then in years past, with the noise coming out of headquarters in everything Dolphins land. The secrecy surrounding Miami's interest in their first-round picks the last two seasons has been a pleasant surprise. But after learning about what took place with Jerome Baker and how they accumulated interest due to interacting with former teammates tells me a lot of outside the box thinking is going on in Dolphin land then, what was happening in years past. I like what I'm seeing from the front office specifically from Chris Grier. Perhaps Tannenbaum has learned a lesson.

Since #7 Tampa Bay (Winston), #8 Chicago (Trubisky), #9 San Francisco (Garoppolo), #10 Oakland (Carr) are all set at QB and both Buffalo (traded to #7) and Arizona (traded to #10) felt they needed to leapfrog Miami, then they really thought they needed to get past Miami to get their QB.

So if Miami was trying to get teams to trade up into the top 10 to get QBs it worked.

Back
Top Bottom