Out with Royals!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Out with Royals!!!!!!

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
I clearly think that Stemke has outperformed Royals in camp and the 3 preseason games thus far. In the falcons game, Royals had 4 punts, for an avg of 37 ypp(1 50 yarder). Stemke only had one punt for 47 yds. Unfortunately, Olindo's going to have a say in this decision due to politics, as stated in an earlier thread by DCH. This decision should be purely based on performance and which punter will give our defense the best field position possible. It should also be based on the punter which not only can boom a 50+ yard punt from our side of the field, but also the one which has the most ability on the pooch punts to pin the opposing team's offense deep in their redzone. So far, I think that Stemke is the front runner for the job. That's just my obsessed 'phins/football opinion.:eat:

I agree. I want Stemke to make this team, but I doubt it will happen. I think Royals makes this team and Stemke signs with another team. I am hoping THOUGH, that our FO makes the tough decision and cuts Royals and we keep Stemke.

Good debate ?, Royal messed up the pouch kick, but other than that, he didn't have a bad outing. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see Stemke do the directional pouch kicking tonight.

Because we didn't have a Punter.

I really hope we sign Stemke.

Well if Mare doesn't feel comfortable with someone else as his holder then we may need to hold off for another year. The field goal unit is like a machine, it just does the same thing over and over exactly as it was done before. If you mess up one piece of the machine then Mare may miss some kicks he should have made. If we had decided this early in camp we could have time for a new guy to get on the same page but it's getting late now.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Well if Mare doesn't feel comfortable with someone else as his holder then we may need to hold off for another year. The field goal unit is like a machine, it just does the same thing over and over exactly as it was done before. If you mess up one piece of the machine then Mare may miss some kicks he should have made. If we had decided this early in camp we could have time for a new guy to get on the same page but it's getting late now.

Just a thought.

I do agree you for the most part, but Royals punt in the NE game last year was a HUGE reason we lost that game, thus costing us the AFC east title. Would you want the possibility of that happening again?

Royals did shank one..... but then he also had a nice 50 yarder that pinned them back pretty far...
Not a bad day actually.
Don't get me wrong, the bitter aftertaste of NE still has me disliking Royals too, but I'll allow that he had that thing with his foot last year, if he's going to be our man, I'll give him the benifit of the doubt... untill he blows another clutch punt... then I'll have to hunt him down and cause him bodily harm...

Didnt Olindo also mess up in the NE game? Didnt he kick the ball out of bounds, giving NE the ball on their 40 yard line, setting them up for the game winning kick? Royals messed up but so did Mare, so dont put so much on him.

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
I clearly think that Stemke has outperformed Royals in camp and the 3 preseason games thus far. In the falcons game, Royals had 4 punts, for an avg of 37 ypp(1 50 yarder). Stemke only had one punt for 47 yds. Unfortunately, Olindo's going to have a say in this decision due to politics, as stated in an earlier thread by DCH. This decision should be purely based on performance and which punter will give our defense the best field position possible. It should also be based on the punter which not only can boom a 50+ yard punt from our side of the field, but also the one which has the most ability on the pooch punts to pin the opposing team's offense deep in their redzone. So far, I think that Stemke is the front runner for the job. That's just my obsessed 'phins/football opinion.:eat:

Stemke should win the position. It's Wannys job to place the best person on the team. It's been Stemke. Royals is too wishy washy.

I was embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan for a bit, when it seemed like every single person at Pro Player booed him when he shanked that kick last night. :rolleyes:
I'm not a Mark Royals mark, but come on, it was one punt, in pre-season no less.

Originally posted by VictorVonCrunk
I was embarrassed to be a Miami Dolphins fan for a bit, when it seemed like every single person at Pro Player booed him when he shanked that kick last night. :rolleyes:
I'm not a Mark Royals mark, but come on, it was one punt, in pre-season no less.

How can you be surprise if this is same town who booed Fiedler at a Heat game.

Back
Top Bottom