Out with Royals!!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Out with Royals!!!!!!

Royals only screwed one punt up. His low average is also a thank you from punting a lot from midfield. He had a couple good punts nailing the falcons at their 9 and 10.

If you use the reason of last year you should fire Mare as well. he also had a flashback kick (out of bounds) and screwed the onside kick up.

Royals is an enigma. You just never know what you may get. I am surprised that they actually resigned him. Kickers and punter need to always perform at the top of their game, because there is usually not much depth at those positions, and their percentage of plays during a game is small compared to offense and defense. That makes what they do more pronounced.

Remember Ray Guy, and even our own Reggie Roby? They rarely shanked punts. Royals needs to work on whatever his weakness is. If that means learning to kick in cold weather, so be it.

Kickers are different. That is why in that one commercial, they tied up a kicker. No one else could qualify there. That is the only position the majority of them could play in the NFL. Maybe quarterback, or tight-end, but would they be any good?

Take it a step further than even just Mare. How about a defense last season who gave up 11 4th quarter points in New England. Or how about a passing game that couldn't gain a single yard in 3 attempts on our last drive.

Let's just fire them all.

I never thought we'd still have Royals after his performance last year. It wasn't just in the N.E. game he screwed up it was a bunch of games. And it was always on an important punt when we really needed it. He punted great when we were way ahead or at the 50 yard line.

it is such a disgrace to punt an 8 yarder, and its not the only time he has done it. a couple of times last year and everyone knows teh NE situation. why royals still makes this team is a coaching thing that will come back to haunt wanny. if wanny wants his job, he wouldnt keep royals.. bad sign.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Take it a step further than even just Mare. How about a defense last season who gave up 11 4th quarter points in New England. Or how about a passing game that couldn't gain a single yard in 3 attempts on our last drive.

Let's just fire them all.

yeah lets take it a step further. lets just get rid of royals. his technique is not sound.

Everybody is championing Stemke. But what has he done?? Boomed a bunch of kicks in one preseason game?? From most reports we're getting, he hasn't looked that great in practice. He's shanked his fair share too. So while we can campaign for Stemke all we want, we need to know just how he's looked throughout camp as well.

I think Royals was re-signed because 1) He's Mare's holder 2) He punted most of last season with a very painful foot injury, which required surgery after the season.

Lets just hope everything turns out alright, whichever way we go.

Originally posted by WharfRat
I'll give him the benifit of the doubt... untill he blows another clutch punt... then I'll have to hunt him down and cause him bodily harm...

you wont have to wait too long....Royals is one word.....INCONSISTENT

Ummmmmm, everyone realized Royals isn't going to boom 60 yard punts, right? He's a "directional" kicker. Notice how nicely he placed that ball inside the 10 last night? Wait, no, everyone just remembers the shank.

Back
Top Bottom