Overrated or Underrated, you make the call...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overrated or Underrated, you make the call......

Who the hell here really cares what Pr!cko says...that guy has no credibility as far as I am concerned...

Bods' got it right....it doesn't matter what you label him, just as long as he is productive;) ;) ;)

:monkey: Pete Pr!cko

Re: Re: IMO Williams will rock this year

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

Hey SWS84, I see you're in central Florida. I'm in Orlando and I can't stand Jerry Greene!:yell: He's an absolute moron! He has no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to sports. I have no clue how he got his job!:fire:

Hey Aqua&Orange54!

You hit the nail on the head with Greene! He is a Moron. I love his so called column "From the cheap seats". Kind of gives the impression he's one of us( a blue collar/ diehard NFL fan) doesn't it? Don't believe it! Last year when I went to the Phins/Bucs practices here at the Citrus Bowl. Greene walked by the stands, to his throne, on the sidelines without so much a smile, a wave, hello or even acknowledgement of us( the fans) in the stands. Someone said. "Hi Jerry" and he ignored him! The man feels he's above us and it pisses me off! Not to mention, for someone who should know something about our local sports teams; is beyond me how he manages to pull it off year after year and keep his columns published in the paper. The last and probably the most important thing about Jerry Greene that I dispise is HE'S A DOLPHIN HATER:yell: and because of that!

:evil: I will respond, in kind:evil:

:monkey: JERRY GREENE

:D :cool: :D

FEAR NOT DOLFANS.........

The entire world will have all their questins answered as this NFL season unfolds. We not only have a proven 1,000 yard RB Star, but also a FEARED player that defenders hate to see! He will be better than ever in Norv Turner's Offense and I can't wait to see all the mouths closed!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
And he said Surtain was better than Madison. Surtain is good, but he is certainly no Madison.

I think our most overrated player is Derrick Rodgers and our most underrated is Todd Wade.

You nailed it I believe.

Though Washington comes close to winning the league's most underrated honor, it instead goes to Bills cornerback Antoine Winfield. He has become an outstanding man coverage player, but he also led the team in tackles in 2001. That's impressive stuff for a 5-foot-9 cornerback.

Ummm isn't it actually a bad thing when your CB leads your team in tackles. Doesn't that tend to mean people aren't afraid to go after you? That they are making deeper plays? Antoine Winfield 74 tackles, 7 assisted, 1 FF, 2 INT and 11 passes defended.

Sam Madison 25 tackles, 3 assisted, 2 INT's and 13 passes defended.

Patrick Surtain 47 tackles, 6 assisted, 1 sack, 2FF, 3 INT's, 1 TD and 16 passes defended.

Just in the stats alone you can see our 2 young corners making more plays with less chances. If Antoine's going to be that elite young corner then he needs to start putting some fear into teams to not even throw his way.

I believe Prisco just did this one to piss us off after we all wrote him some nasty emails over his previous articles lol

If a CB leads his team in tackles, it is probably because he lets the WR catch the ball and then he tackles them. Shawn Springs gets a lot of tackles, and he is a CB.

Shawn Springs is a damn good corner. If he could stay healthy he would be an elite CB, or right on the level underneath them. That dude can play man. Once he figured out he didn't need to be like Deion he was a force, but injuries have robbed him the last few seasons, and a lack of exposure also has kept him a secret, like Walter Jones, a GREAT LT.

hey lets see what happens on the field then prick o can eat his words right .. an old saying i was told by my grandfather believe none of what you hear and half of what you see and i believe reading falls under what you see so there it is the half not belived is where he would fall !

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Shawn Springs is a damn good corner. If he could stay healthy he would be an elite CB, or right on the level underneath them. That dude can play man. Once he figured out he didn't need to be like Deion he was a force, but injuries have robbed him the last few seasons, and a lack of exposure also has kept him a secret, like Walter Jones, a GREAT LT.

Was Shawn Springs the corner who was caught using steroids?

First off, You guys hate this guy because he hates the Dolphins. Fine, I can understand that. Second Winfield’s numbers are almost exactly the same as Surtain’s and Madison’s…..And the fact that he has all of those tackles has nothing to do with how good of a corner he was. The Bills were bad last year. We lost our MLB in the first game of the season. We were often behind late in the games and teams ran the ball to run out the clock. Hence more tackles for Winfield. Which I think is a good thing, I love having a CB that’s not afraid to make tackles.

Originally posted by Billsfan
First off, You guys hate this guy because he hates the Dolphins. Fine, I can understand that. Second Winfield’s numbers are almost exactly the same as Surtain’s and Madison’s…..And the fact that he has all of those tackles has nothing to do with how good of a corner he was. The Bills were bad last year. We lost our MLB in the first game of the season. We were often behind late in the games and teams ran the ball to run out the clock. Hence more tackles for Winfield. Which I think is a good thing, I love having a CB that’s not afraid to make tackles.

Dude don't dismiss my opinion just because he is a Bill. My opinion would be the same if he was a packer/cowboy or even a dolphin.

2nd of all it's not true that he was going after the RB a lot. If that is true you are basically telling us that the bills Front 4 and LB's are utterly useless that Winfield is making SOLO tackles. If a CB is up on the run a lot you would see double the assisted tackles. Take a look at the CB's in the AFC to verify that.

And for your comment about the stats being the "same" you missed the very obvious stated point I made and that was that they weren't involved in even HALF the plays that Winfield was. Teams on purposely avoid throwing at Surtain/Madison et al because of their sucess the previous year (over 20 INT's from our 4 DB's). So they attack us via the ground after Gardener went down and through the linebackers and 3rd corners.

Ricky Williams

Ricky Williams will at least make other defense's respect his ability. Putting him in the back field means that teams can no longer stack the line with 8 men and let fiedler beat them. Ricky Williams presence in the back field should back other teams linebackers off just a little bit giving Ricky room to run or Fielder a little more time to make a decsion where to put the ball. No matter what some news person says Just his presence in the backfield will help.

Pete Prisco loves the bills and Jets.
Now I kinda agree with Surtain being under rated.I think he is getting better than Sam.Right now now in the NFL can say they have 2 pro bowl calibers CB only Dolphins.Now that Ray green is turning heads along with FLetcher;I don't know teams will pass on this team.I think this year our will be better than previus years.Loss of walker is not that big.Freeman when he played last season made things happen in the field.He will post better numbers than Walker did.

:monkey: Pete Prisco
Bills
Jets

I think if Surtain were on another team he would have been a probowler by now. My guess(purely speculative) is that unbiased neutral fans and apposing players will generally only vote for one player at a position per team, and since most know Sam Mad to be better, they vote for him and go looking for another team to find another CB.

That is my theory.

He has played at a probowl level the last two years tho, and that is the part that counts, not the gratification from the recognition. I'll take production at a very high level over "name recognition" anyday of the week.

I hate media guys that don't actully watch all the games but rather analyze stats to write their off base colums. How can he say Surtain was better than Madison? I don't want to bash Pat, but Prisco is way off base, and has no idea what a corners job is. Hey Pete a good CB in the NFL will blanket his WR so well that the QB won't even look at that WR. After rewatching the games from last season i found out that the opposing QB on average would only throw at Sam about 2.5 times a game. Most of these passes were around the same time that Sam releases hjis man to the safety, or when the QB scrambled and baught extra time. 2.5 is about 3 times less than most corners get tested per game(2 times less than Pat). So yes Pete Sam's tackles and ints were down last season mainly because he did his job and didn't let the QB throw to his man. One more thing Pete if Sam was far less of a corner than Pat, then how come in his 2 game absence Harrison and Moulds both gained nearly 200 yards? And why were they almost invisable in the 2 games that Sam played against them? I would also like to draw attention to the play where Sam got injured. He outplayed Harrison for the deep pass and picked it off(top 3 ints of all corners last year). Then Sam leaves the game and Harrison blows up. If anyone is bored please email this to mr prisco.

Good post....with solid evidence to boot! Ya, as much as i love Surtain, he isn't on par with SamMad yet(nothing to be ashamed of either) He is a damn good CB tho, and I wouldn't trade him for very many corners in the game.

Back
Top Bottom