Overrated recieving corps..

badfoot

nonpredictor
Hammered
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
876
Reaction score
1
Location
ohio
I must be the only one who see's that chris carter is a better reciever than any we have with the exception of chambers ? Orande is a walking mash unit ,ward has had TWO foot surgeries,Mcknight is not the answer and getting too old to not catch passes ,and even chambers who showed promise last year was hurt !! And all anyone can come up with is that carter has an attitude?We all should pray our recievers have attitudes that keep them in the game and very productive for 12+years ! I seem to remember a HOF q.b. who would yell alot when things werent going well....Dan was a terror to guys who ddint do what he wanted !! At least carter still has the fire ! I believe he also has the talent . some one prove me wrong .Capt?
 

phins054

Pitbull
Joined
Feb 21, 2002
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
Ok i'll bite...What if(God forbid) injuries start to mount. Our record starts to head south. We start off 3-5 or 2-6. What will CC do?!? Start yelling at the D? The O? just sit there and accept it? Dan may have chewed someone out if they zigged when they should have zagged, but he was the leader and thats what leaders do! Would you rather have Dan chwing you out on running the wrong route on your way back to the huddle?, or have CC treating you like a 2 year old when your sitting on the bench???
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by phins054
Ok i'll bite...What if(God forbid) injuries start to mount. Our record starts to head south. We start off 3-5 or 2-6.
first off, we never start off 3-5 or 2-6 we save that for December :cry:

If injuries mount wouldn't you rather have a well rested Ward or McK coming off the bench to relieve a HOF WR like Carter. Wanne and Norv just need to lay it all out to Carter as far as his role and then let him do his thing - which is catching 1st downs and TDs.
 

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
2,383
Reaction score
0
Location
Akron zoo
Originally posted by badfoot
I must be the only one who see's that chris carter is a better reciever than any we have with the exception of chambers ? Orande is a walking mash unit ,ward has had TWO foot surgeries,Mcknight is not the answer and getting too old to not catch passes ,and even chambers who showed promise last year was hurt !! And all anyone can come up with is that carter has an attitude?We all should pray our recievers have attitudes that keep them in the game and very productive for 12+years ! I seem to remember a HOF q.b. who would yell alot when things werent going well....Dan was a terror to guys who ddint do what he wanted !! At least carter still has the fire ! I believe he also has the talent . some one prove me wrong .Capt?

I don`t think anyone is disputing Carters ability an desire. Afterall he will probably end up in the HOF. The question is...............Will he adjust his prima donna attitude And lead by maturity and example. I don`t know, but if he handles himself like he did in Minn. he`ll be a disruptive force on our team. IMO it would be up to JF and the coaches to keep him under reighn. We`ll see.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Re: Re: Overrated recieving corps..

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
it would be up to JF and the coaches to keep him under reighn. We`ll see.
not sure if/why Carter would listen to Jay (because of the experience gap), but he sure as hell needs to listen to Ford, Norv and/or Wanne.
 

badfoot

nonpredictor
Hammered
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
876
Reaction score
1
Location
ohio
Id rather have my best shot at the superbowl ...and this recieving corps just isnt the answer ...If we do that poorly no one is gonna care what carter says anyway ..lol The only way we pass on carter is if we get someone else ! And lets face it there are few in this league with this guys talent ,especially since he is coming down to earth ,money wise. Do you REALLY honestly believe that ward mcknight and gadsen can get it done ? And the dan thing is a referance to getting mad because of your competitive spirit when the team is down ...THAT is what carter was in last year A bad season .I believe that we have taken much larger risks than this and gotten less than nothing -Yatil green is prime example and i could go on john avery ? jjj? cutting irving fryer ? how about bert emmanuel? tony martin ? my god we gave these guys about what carter wants and for what ? This is a no brainer -HOF wideout at the end of a great carrer wants to go to a superbowl and can improve this team IMMEDIATELY ! come on guys ! We do NEED this guy !!!
 

baccarat

Adam the Quarterback
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
3,534
Reaction score
0
I think we should get Carter, if:
1) We can keep Gadsen AND
2) Wandestatd can keep Carter's mouth shut


BTW, is it possible to have a contract where a player agrees to keep his mouth shut about other players? If so, that would be perfect for Carter.

Jeff Kent signed a contract that restricted him from riding motorcycles. So, why can't Carter sign a contract that makes him keep his mouth shut about other players?
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by booyeah_
BTW, is it possible to have a contract where a player agrees to keep his mouth shut about other players? If so, that would be perfect for Carter.
yeah - it's called no signing bonus, then it costs nothing to cut him :evil:
 

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Arizona
Dan would chew you out on the field, or in private, but did you ever see him berate someone in the media?

That my friend is the difference between a leader, and a cry baby.
 

badfoot

nonpredictor
Hammered
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
876
Reaction score
1
Location
ohio
by the way not that i think it would be nessecary , but i guarentee you wannee would be able to take care of things if Carter got snotty .....Lets face it he got rid of marino and and that took some balls!
 

badfoot

nonpredictor
Hammered
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
876
Reaction score
1
Location
ohio
Yes 87 ! I do remember him ripping the press after a particularly ugly LOSS he said something to the affect that hell yes its hard to lose but you wouldnt know anything about it would you ! and dude let me tell you no one answered that !
 

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
2,383
Reaction score
0
Location
Akron zoo
Re: Re: Re: Overrated recieving corps..

Originally posted by dolphan39
not sure if/why Carter would listen to Jay (because of the experience gap), but he sure as hell needs to listen to Ford, Norv and/or Wanne.

This is a territorial thing to me. I don`t know this to be fact but rumor is..............JF has won the respect of his teamates. For the most part the 1st unit offense has played together 2+ yrs. Carter will be the new man. IMO jay will have to control that situation. Maybe I`m not coming across with this right..............I`m tired.
 

badfoot

nonpredictor
Hammered
Joined
Jan 3, 2002
Messages
876
Reaction score
1
Location
ohio
I agree with ya capt. I just know that wanny is not going to put up with any crap from any player . Of course J F would have controll and I expect nothing less from carter ! His role would be decided by Orandes feet and our health but he instantly become a TRUE viable offensive threat and again for what we have given to other recievers I think we would have to be crazy to pass on him !
 

Cranx

Hammered
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1
Age
45
Location
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by badfoot
Yes 87 ! I do remember him ripping the press after a particularly ugly LOSS he said something to the affect that hell yes its hard to lose but you wouldnt know anything about it would you ! and dude let me tell you no one answered that !
That quote is totally out of context in referrence to what we're talking about here. If you're argument is that Marino never took anything to the media, well I guess maybe that's the one instance where he did say something to the media. But, he never, and I repeat NEVER, took anything to the media about his teamates or coaches. Even during the whole JJ debacle, he kept his mouth shut when he could have really gone off on that situation. In the instance you referrenced above Marino went off a little on a member of the media. He didn't say anything about anyone that had anything to do with football.

Also, he later apologized for that comment which is something that Carter has never done. Therefore, if you look at this in the proper context there is no valid comparison between Marino and "Cryin" Chris when it comes to outbursts.

I wish all of you would get off the "Marino was competative and got on people" train because there is no comparison between the two. Marino was a leader, Carter is whiner, end of story. :eek:
 
Top Bottom