Overrated recieving corps.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overrated recieving corps..

Yes 87 ! I do remember him ripping the press after a particularly ugly LOSS he said something to the affect that hell yes its hard to lose but you wouldnt know anything about it would you ! and dude let me tell you no one answered that !

1. The loss wasn't ugly, except that we lost by 3 with like 10 seconds left on the clock. An ugly loss would be the Jax game in the playoffs 2 years ago. That was UGLY.

2. As Expo mentioned earlier, Marino did not rip any individuals in that tirade. And I for one can totally understand why he went off. Some of the media love to instigate BS on teams.

3. Dan apologized within a day or two.

4. Chris Carter may have been a leader a few years ago when Moss was drafted. At that time it was a perfect situation for Moss and Carter.

But I keep coming back to this question...

Carter was supposed to be Moss's mentor right?
Didn't Moss squirt a ref(more than once I believe) with a water bottle?
Doesnt Moss play ONLY when HE wants?

I dunno, maybe its just me, but CC must NOT be a good mentor, Look how Moss is turning out.

IMNSHO, we need playmakers, not mentors because we did not have a great passing attack last year, except in the 4th quarter. Now more than anything Norv and Ricky will help the passing attack; irregardless of who Jay is throwing to, but there are no WRs on the Fins proven to be as good as Carter. Since we are talking no signing bonus and vet. min. contract, Carter is a bargain attitude or no attitude.

Whatever....I swear from now on...No More Carter comments from me. I have said my peace. Besides, it's not like it's up to any of us if we sign him or not.

Originally posted by phins054
Whatever....I swear from now on...No More Carter comments from me. I have said my peace. Besides, it's not like it's up to any of us if we sign him or not.
I know I would not be willing to take a pay cut for the Phins to sign him and I have no contract to re-neg :goof:

Badfoot, you have a soft spot for former Buckeyes right?
39, Mr Logical, squeeze the good out of the bad right?
Dick, 88 and 054, you guys are blinded by the right..... or righteous.
Could it be possible that everyone is right?
Maybe Carter does have an attitude, maybe he is a ****y f**k who runs his mouth too much and to the wrong people, but he is talented, you can't deny that. What ever else he brings, I don't know, but he will bring his "A" game every time he steps on the field and that's better than alot of defenders' "A" game so you are looking at an improvement of our team with his signing. That's what it's all about right? As long as we are winning, I promise you that no one will be yelling at anybody through the press or any other form of communication.
Winning has a way of making everyone on the team "best buds".

If we aren't winning.....it won't be Carters' fault.

If we aren't winning....who cares, who yells at who?

If we aren't winning.........so what...

Originally posted by badfoot
Id rather have my best shot at the superbowl ...and this recieving corps just isnt the answer ...

And what receiving corp. did the Patriots win with. Troy Brown, David Patten, Charles Johnson, Bert Emmanuel (I think). Hell, if that is the case, we are in great shape.

I'm not disputing what you said. I pretty much agree with you, the Pats didn't have much at the receiving corp. to win the Super Bowl. Tom Brady passed for 145 yds the whole game. We have a better receiving corp. than the Pats and if we get Chris Carter we are much more dangerous, we have a better running back than the Pats also. We have a better defense than the Pats. They won because of a great game plan and a little luck in the Raiders game ;) .

The Pats also won because they were a very good team in the truest sense of the word: they played hard together and picked eachother up when they were down. I'd have to say that's the thing that everyone is afraid of when it comes to Carter. Nobody is denying his ability or his desire to play, that's self evident. However, if something does go wrong, and the 'Fins have a 3 game skid some time in the middle of the season (not likely but anything's possible in today's NFL) what happens then? Does Carter go off on a few people and help to perpetuate the losses, or does he buckle down, "take it in the chin" with the rest of the team, and play that much harder the next week. If it's the former then we're in trouble.

In the words of Jesus Christ: "A house divided against itself cannot stand." I'm pretty sure there's no truer statement when it comes to actually playing as a team and winning as a team.

If Carter is signed then I, and I'm sure most of the other detractors, will still be behind the 'Fins just as much as we were before. We just have some very valid concerns over what this sighning could do to a team that already plays well together and trusts one another. ;)

Originally posted by Expo88
The Pats also won because they were a very good team in the truest sense of the word: they played hard together and picked eachother up when they were down. I'd have to say that's the thing that everyone is afraid of when it comes to Carter. Nobody is denying his ability or his desire to play, that's self evident. However, if something does go wrong, and the 'Fins have a 3 game skid some time in the middle of the season (not likely but anything's possible in today's NFL) what happens then? Does Carter go off on a few people and help to perpetuate the losses, or does he buckle down, "take it in the chin" with the rest of the team, and play that much harder the next week. If it's the former then we're in trouble.

In the words of Jesus Christ: "A house divided against itself cannot stand." I'm pretty sure there's no truer statement when it comes to actually playing as a team and winning as a team.

If Carter is signed then I, and I'm sure most of the other detractors, will still be behind the 'Fins just as much as we were before. We just have some very valid concerns over what this sighning could do to a team that already plays well together and trusts one another. ;)

Good post!:)

Back
Top Bottom