Owens can not be serious | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Owens can not be serious

Like it's my job to be there, I"m geting paid a lot of money, and doing what a lot of people wish they could do, so I'm going ot shut my mouth and play since this is where I'm at now.

It's his fault this happened, so I feel no sympathy.

My point was he dissed them.

That's what the media gets you, the media takes a player in national tv so they can hear him diss the team. I still think it wasn't a big of a diss but no doubt.... He can petition for a trade of course......

San Francisco didn't diss Owens by sending him to Baltimore. The Ravens were offering the Niners a 2nd round pick. The deal that Owens' agent had brokered with Philadelphia involved James Thrash and a 5th round pick. If Terry Donahue had gone along with that, he'd get killed.

I think it will be funny if the Ravens bring Owens out and flunk his physical, thereby invalidating the trade, and then the Niners wait to release him until after all of the major free agent money has been spent. Would serve that arrogant S.O.B. right.

The Eagles are two gay men, wow!!!

How would you feel if you knew that you were going to a team been talking to them a while your team had been negotiating a while you know the deal is about done pack your bagges (just an example) Buy a plane ticket then all of a sudden without warning you have been traded to another team that you had no idea they were talking to. My self I would be pissed to.

He did not diss the Raven. He made the point that the Ravens were a consideration but they were not the top of his list the Eagles were. They knew that we knew that that was not a diss. He also said that there was disrespect to the team or players he was just upset how it happened.

Alot of ya'll dislike Owens so much that anything he says is taken worse than he means it. I wish we had Owens.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
I get your point but he knows he's going to get a nice deal from any team but he had some preferences on his mind.

It's like this bro..........

You are 5 years old and your mother is trying to get rid of you and you prefer to go to your grandmas house, instead she sends you to live with two gay married men.

How would you feel?

as long as neither of them is a catholic priest, I guess I'd feel pretty safe.

Not to mention they probably don't have that "grandma" smell..., yeah, that wouldn't be too bad I guess.

I am sooo glad we don't have that cancerous idiotic blowhard.

I live in the SF bay area, and quite frankly niner fans were fricken thrilled to see him go (with a few exceptions mostly the sportscenter ESPNophiles that see nothing but the highlights and miss the insane number of dropped passes and complete lack of effort on the field)

There is a reason for this, the guy is nothing but a cancer, he had Jeff fricken Garcia throwing him the ball and wasn't happy.

Now he's going to a team with Kyle Boller and a run heavy offense?

I wish I could have seen the look on Ray Lewis' face when he read Owens little snipe about the Ravens. Ray Ray and TO are definately going to have a little chat soon, and I would love to be a fly on the wall when Owens overrated *** gets thrashed.

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
San Francisco didn't diss Owens by sending him to Baltimore. The Ravens were offering the Niners a 2nd round pick. The deal that Owens' agent had brokered with Philadelphia involved James Thrash and a 5th round pick. If Terry Donahue had gone along with that, he'd get killed.

That's why we said owens dissed the ravens.

Originally posted by Noland
How would you feel if you knew that you were going to a team been talking to them a while your team had been negotiating a while you know the deal is about done pack your bagges (just an example) Buy a plane ticket then all of a sudden without warning you have been traded to another team that you had no idea they were talking to. My self I would be pissed to.

He did not diss the Raven. He made the point that the Ravens were a consideration but they were not the top of his list the Eagles were. They knew that we knew that that was not a diss. He also said that there was disrespect to the team or players he was just upset how it happened.

Alot of ya'll dislike Owens so much that anything he says is taken worse than he means it. I wish we had Owens.

He did though, after that anderson said now your shipped to a team you don't want to play for, and then owens said exactly. That is a huge diss, you don't say you just flat out do not want to play for them. HE dissed the ravens, if you can't see that I dont know what wrong with you.

I wouldn' twant the guy on this team b/c of all the problems he causes, he never shuts his mouth, and then crys when he doesn't get the ball enough.

yes,lets all feel sorry for owens,, we should take up a fund to make him feel better..come on guys ,hes never happy always crying,, :cry:

I changed my mind. I want to see the Owens-to-Philadelphia deal go through. The reason: Philadelphia and Baltimore play in 2004.

"McNabb takes the snap, drops back to pass, looks to Owens across the middle..."

<BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM>

"What time is it?" "STRETCHER TIME!"

:evil: :evil: :evil:

TO is a a$$ and doesn't deserve to be on any team. Thank God that Spielman recognizes what an idiot this guy is.

He is going to file a grievance? He signed a contract that did not contact a clause the required his approval for trades. He should fire his agent. The same guy that failed to file the paper work on time.

He is a idiot and should be banned from the league.

This may shed some light as to why TO is furious. This whole mess wouldn't have happened if his agent didn't screw up. If anyone is to blame, that would be his agent. Another thing that I don't understand from the 49ers viewpoint is that they were offered a first round pick if they let Owens go as a free agent by Gene Upshaw and they turned it down. Eventually, they agreed to a second round pick from Baltimore which is 17 spaces lower than what they could have received. Why turn down a first round pick, but accept a second round pick? :confused:

Eagles cry foul over T.O. deal
By REUBEN FRANK
phillyBurbs.com
March 5, 2004

PHILADELPHIA - Terrell Owens was an Eagle.

For a few, brief moments yesterday afternoon, the often brilliant, often controversial wide receiver was actually a Philadelphia Eagle.

And then he wasn't.

Two league insiders familiar with the negotiations and speaking on the condition of anonymity said last night the Eagles actually finalized a trade with the 49ers and hammered out a long-term, multi-million dollar contract with Owens, only to see the 49ers - against Owens' wishes - ship him instead to the Baltimore Ravens.

According to a league official, Owens' agent told league officials last night he plans to file a grievance against the 49ers and NFLPA Executive Director Gene Upshaw was already involved.

After the agent, David Joseph, made a clerical error that prevented Owens from becoming an unrestricted free agent, the 49ers granted Joseph permission to negotiate a contract with a team of Owens' choosing.

The 49ers assured Joseph and Owens they would execute that trade, as long as they could reach agreement with that team on terms of a trade.

The Jets, Falcons, Browns, Eagles and Ravens showed initial interest in Owens when the NFL's free agency and trading period began at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, but by late yesterday morning, only the Ravens and Eagles were still involved.

And when the Eagles offered Owens a massive contract with a huge signing bonus, he and Joseph accepted.

Eagles president and chief contract negotiator Joe Banner and 49ers general manager Terry Donahue then agreed on terms of a trade that would send the 49ers a fifth-round draft pick and a player, believed to be wide receiver James Thrash.

"Terrell was ecstatic," said a second league insider, an NFL agent who is familiar with the details of yesterday's negotiations. "Philly is where he wanted to go all along. He was under the impression he was an Eagle. It was a done deal."

But before the paperwork was signed, Donahue quietly accepted the Ravens' offer of a second-round pick in this year's draft and filed trade papers with the NFL without informing Joseph or Banner or giving them a chance to match the offer.

The Eagles, the second source said, did not learn the 49ers had shipped Owens to the Ravens until a team employee saw a report on ESPN yesterday afternoon. And Joseph didn't know about the trade until he got a phone call from the Eagles moments later.

The first source, a league personnel official, said Joseph and Owens were furious with the 49ers.

Owens did not have a contract negotiated with the Ravens and as of now, they are simply paying him according to the final three years of his original deal with the 49ers that Joseph was unable to void.

That deal pays him $5.3 million in 2004, $5.9 million in 2005 and $6.5 million in 2006 with no signing bonus.

The second league source said the Eagles' offer included a signing bonus over $10 million averaging over $6 million per year.

So Donahue's maneuver could cost Owens millions of dollars.

Banner did not return a message left in his office last night. Joseph did not return messages left at his office in Greensboro, N.C. Donahue was unavailable for comment.

Owens caught 592 passes for 8,572 yards and 81 touchdowns in eight seasons with the 49ers and would have given the Eagles their first big-ticket wide receiver since Irving Fryar in the mid-1990s.

Eagles head coach Andy Reid's pursuit of Owens, who he coached at two Pro Bowls, is his first concession of the obvious, that the Eagles desperately need to upgrade their wide receivers.

Starters Thrash and Todd Pinkston combined for just three touchdown catches last year and had only one catch for nine yards - plus two drops that led to interceptions - in the Eagles' NFC Championship Game loss to the Panthers.

With Owens a Raven, Steve Smith re-signing in Carolina and Justin McCareins getting the highest tender from the Titans and off the Eagles' shopping list, the only top wide out still available is Darrell Jackson of the Seahawks, and it remains to be seen whether the Eagles will pursue him.

Originally posted by juniorseau55

You are 5 years old and your mother is trying to get rid of you and you prefer to go to your grandmas house, instead she sends you to live with two gay married men.

The only part of your analogy that makes any sense is the part about TO being 5 years old....

Back
Top Bottom