P. Buress for a #1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

P. Buress for a #1

JAGFISH

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
PFT states that the steelers would move Plaxico for a first rd pick. If that's true I say we deal for him. PFT is not a reliable news source though.

Next years first for plax? Maybe... He'd be good to help out Chambers, but I'm more worried about getting a QB first. We need someone to throw it to him first.

we..............need....................oline...................first

Teams would have a dificult time doubling Chambers w/ a big target like Plexico on the other side. I would do this if it's legit. I think a vet QB would help us more than a rook right now. I could live w/ Feely. Ricky Ray or Sage w/ a 3rd rd pick QB Pickett/Losman. Or give up a pick next year for Henson.

We need a RT, that's for certain re-up w/ nails, and have the 3 young guys compete for the other spot German,whitley, yates. Guards we have on the roster can fill one of those spots. there will be some tackles out there according to news sources. Both starters from the texans might be cap cuts for example.

I wouldn't. Sure, we need another WR, but not so bad that we're giving up a 1st round pick for an aging one, when we still need toaddress the O-line, and QB situations first. No deal.

Buress is only like 26. Why not solve the #2 WR problem we've had since our Mcduffie/Fryar days? This would help the entire offense including the o-line. It would keep teams out of the box, open the middle for Mcmike. teams would have to respect the Play action which protects everyone else on offense.

Originally posted by JAGFISH
Buress is only like 26. Why not solve the #2 WR problem we've had since our Mcduffie/Fryar days? This would help the entire offense including the o-line. It would keep teams out of the box, open the middle for Mcmike. teams would have to respect the Play action which protects everyone else on offense.
my bad. I was told that they were keeping ward, and getting rid of the "aging" burress. I should have doubled on that before i typed here. My apologies.

I still don't see just a #2 or #1 calibre WR helping this team out too much. They can still stack the box, and beat up our pathetic OL and give our QB fits. I think we need to look for a QB, or to patcht he line up first. I think we have some prospects in WR in Tolver and Thompson. Where as we're out of QB and OL prospects.

So trade next years first for Plax, This years first for Henson/Ramsey/Rivers and then use FA for Oline help. There problem sloved... riiiiiight :huh:

I'm not saying we should not give priority to the O-line QB position. I just think we have been crappy at the #2 WR position for years. Plax is a good reciever who would do well under Jerry Sullivan. He's actually a huge WR 6'5, 225. many posters feel we need to WR in the draft in the first Rd. Why take a chance on an unproven commodity when you can get a good guy with little downside compared to the pick..

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
So trade next years first for Plax, This years first for Henson/Ramsey/Rivers and then use FA for Oline help. There problem sloved... riiiiiight :huh:

If this is doable than you have the best solution.

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354

This is not a bad idea, but if their asking for a first this year, it'll take more than that. This is a very talented draft, and with them saying they want a first (which I assume is this year) they might be saying "on the value chart". IF it mattered to them (to a smart team it would), then a first next year would only be the value of a 2nd this year. I do however love that idea. Now I just gotta look at his salary numbers to see if we can afford him. Remember, we need to resign chambers before the end of next year. He's due some big money.

True, there is a money issue, but it's about time we put some green back in our offense. This may all be B/S put out there by Pro football talk. But they were supose to be talking trade w/ K.C. for this years pick, which is below ours in Rd. 1.

Originally posted by JAGFISH
Teams would have a dificult time doubling Chambers w/ a big target like Plexico on the other side. I would do this if it's legit. I think a vet QB would help us more than a rook right now. I could live w/ Feely. Ricky Ray or Sage w/ a 3rd rd pick QB Pickett/Losman. Or give up a pick next year for Henson.

teams would have an easier time geting to our QB.:rolleyes:

If you look at the patriots, they dont invest in big money guys much. they invest in guys who contribute to the plan. they have waited to make deals at the last minute (lawyer milloy) only to be leaner and meaner.
I dont think it is good for miami to rush into anyone including plexiglass when we dont have any bargaining power. Its just not reality. I know everyone wants some superstar guy to join us so we can talk all offseason about how much better we have become when in reality, it does nothing for us in december. We need Olinemen. i think it would be wise if this organization focused on the Oline and QB and let WR's come to us in the draft or later when teams cut players, yadda yadda yadda. those are the bargains and players will look to miami for a number of reasons, one being opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom