P. Buress for a #1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

P. Buress for a #1

Burress is entering the final year of his rookie contract. So if any deal goes down, it'll probably be with a contract extension.

Just for fun's sake, the addition of Burress would make for a scary receiving corp. Chambers and Burress starting, with Derrius Thompson and Tolver coming off the bench. Not to mention Randy McMichael over the middle and in the slot.

The Phins love big WRs. And the don't get much bigger than Burress. His addition would make for one very large receiveing corp.

Originally posted by JAGFISH
PFT states that the steelers would move Plaxico for a first rd pick. If that's true I say we deal for him. PFT is not a reliable news source though.

i wouldn't. he's not consistent enough to give up a 1st for, IMO.

Buress is only like 26. Why not solve the #2 WR problem we've had since our Mcduffie/Fryar days? This would help the entire offense including the o-line. It would keep teams out of the box, open the middle for Mcmike. teams would have to respect the Play action which protects everyone else on offense.

except we have nobody to throw to him or either for that matter.

I like his size and talent but not his attitude/racism.

His attitude has been proven to be pretty much junk even in college.

PFT states that the steelers would move Plaxico for a first rd pick. If that's true I say we deal for him. PFT is not a reliable news source though.
we have enough WR's that can't catch

Re: Re: P. Buress for a #1

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
we have enough WR's that can't catch

I read through this whole thread, and was waiting for this exact subject to come up.

The guy drops a ton of passes.

I would pitch a fit if we traded a one for him, he isn't worth a one if he can't HOLD ONTO THE BALL.

I love Plax. I'd have no problem with him even being the #1 WR if he beat out Chambers. He's capable of it if he plays like he did in 2002.

My only beef, would be finding the money to pay Chambers and Plax next year.

One of the best rookie moments ever came when Plax caught a pass over the middle, then got up and spiked the ball. Too bad nobody touched him. The defender scooped up the ball and ran it in for a TD. :rofl:

Anybody got video of that??

Originally posted by Muck
One of the best rookie moments ever came when Plax caught a pass over the middle, then got up and spiked the ball. Too bad nobody touched him. The defender scooped up the ball and ran it in for a TD. :rofl:

Anybody got video of that??

:rofl:

I remember that, I may have it on one of my tapes.. like I have Chris Childs knockin' Kobe the F out and stuff like that. All of TO's stuff, Chad Johnson's sign.. I have all of that.

But I don't have your VCR skills, Muck. :yell:

You mean this fight?? :tongue:

clear.gif

Then how about a First and third next year for Ramsey/Henson a first this for Plax and then FA to fill Oline gaps. There.. Everyone is happy.. Resign the D and there you go... Man, if it were only that simple......

I think the steelers are going to take rivers at 11, so I feel we need to take either henson now with first next year and then try for WR. That means either Plax with this years first, or draft someone...

Last edited by a moderator:
"I like his size and talent but not his attitude/racism."

has he said or done something overt that is racist? i have heard he has attitude issues but never heard anything specific

Back
Top Bottom