packers game monday night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

packers game monday night

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
ok our defense is playing very well. how good has the packers defense been. r they a good run stoppin team? heavy doses of williams and mcmichael and solid defensive play should favor our team. do we not outmatch them in almost every category?basically all ray has to do is not turn it over right? how good is the packs secondary. and who has the pack played that is a strong team?

all good questions....finman awaits the answers....

Here are some stats to answer your questions. Miami looks better in some areas and Green Bay looks better in some areas. #s are taken from sportingnews.com

Defense:
Total Defense Rank:
Packers: 10th
Dolphins: 12th

Rushing D:
Packers - 124.9 yds/ game = 23rd
Dolphins - 93.4 yds/game = 6th

Pass D:
Packers - 195.3 yds/game = 8th
Dolphins - 231.9 yds/game = 21st

Interceptions:
Packers - 12 = 3rd
Dolphins - 11 = 5th

Sacks:
Packers - 21 = 5th
Dolphins - 17 = 13th

Offense:
Total Offense:
Packers - 368.9 yds/game = 8th
Dolphins - 341.3 yds/game = 14th

Rushing O:
Packers - 124.3 yds/game = 12th
Dolphins - 141.1 yds/game = 6th

Passing O:
Packers - 244.6 yds/game = 8th
Dolphins - 200.1 yds/game = 21st

Interceptions thrown:
Packers - 3 = 1st
Dolphins - 10 = 26th

Sacks Allowed:
Packers - 13 = 7th
Dolphins - 7 = 1st

Looks like we'll have trouble stopping Ricky and you'll have trouble stopping Brett. Should be a good game. Although the Packers D has given up a lot of yards, they do step up when it counts. They lead the league in turnovers. Hope this helps.

I hope you dont think that Pass D is very accurate because when we are keyed to stop the pass we are very restrictive.

#s don't lie. I know the Dolphins have great DBs and they can stop the pass. I think the Packers and Dolphins are two of the best teams in the league. I don't think it will be an easy win for either team. But here is what I think: If the Dolphins D focuses on stopping the pass, we have one of the best RBs in the league and he will pound the ball. If the Dolphins D focuses on stopping the run, we have THE best QB in the game and he can hit any receiver and any spot on the field. If the Packers focus on stopping the pass, the Dolphins have one of the best RBs in the league and he will pound the ball. If the Packers focus on stopping the run, Lucas is not going to beat us. If the Packers can contain Ricky, they have a great shot at winning the game. However, stopping Ricky is not easy.
The Packers have a very balanced offense that does not turn the ball over. They have the ability to beat any team. Your pass rush scares me though; especially with Favre's weak knee. Consistent pressure could disrupt our whole offense. I expect the Packers to have a lot of holding called against them. They are going to do everything possible to protect Brett.

Lucas is not going to beat us.
This is the only thing I disagree with.
Lucas is 7-3 as a starter in this league.....he HAS played better than he did last week.....he CAN play better this week.....he MAY be able to beat GB......we'll see.

True. He was a decent QB when he was with the Jets. We'll see what an extra week of practice does for him.

Also, our D-Line has been all out jacked lately so if our secondary and our D-line can correspond with good performances. it will be a rough day for the pack. But like you said Favre and Green are 2 good forces but theyll be colliding with a force that should match up well.

Being the eternal optimist, I am looking at it like this...

Even though he may be the best ALL AROUND QB to ever play the game (smarts, mobility, arm strength, accuracy, leadership, durability), the guy is DUE for a bad game dammnit! I just hope its Monday night.

:rofl: 13, even when he has a bad game he finds away to win.

Originally posted by Infinsible

Lucas is 7-3 as a starter in this league.....he HAS played better than he did last week.....he CAN play better this week.....he MAY be able to beat GB......we'll see.

Infin, I don't think he meant we couldn't win with Lucas in. I think he meant Lucas couldn't take over the game and win it for us. Same thing you could say about Fiedler.

Originally posted by davster82
Originally posted by Infinsible

Infin, I don't think he meant we couldn't win with Lucas in. I think he meant Lucas couldn't take over the game and win it for us. Same thing you could say about Fiedler.

gee Fiedler has never taken overa game and won it for us? how bout bills in buffalo last year. how bout oakland in miami last year? how bout his determination to beat denver with his injured hand? lets give JF some credit here. he throws INT's but he wins games for us too. 26 in in 2 1/2 years to be exact .

Back
Top Bottom