Packers Lose Out On Coveted Special Teams Coach Darren Rizzi | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Packers Lose Out On Coveted Special Teams Coach Darren Rizzi

2018 special team rankings

2018 NFL SPECIAL TEAMS RANKINGS

1. NY Jets 231

2. New Orleans 243

3. Kansas City 248

4. Miami 296.5

5. Arizona 301

Baltimore 301

7. Jacksonville 301.5

8. Houston 307.5

9. LA Rams 315

10. Indianapolis 320.5

New England 320.5

12. Detroit 342

13. Minnesota 351.5

14. Philadelphia 358.5

15. NY Giants 361

16. Tennessee 365.5

17. Washington 367

18. Seattle 374

19. Oakland 375.5

Atlanta 375.5

21. SF 49ers 381.5

22. Cincinnati 386.5

23. Carolina 394.5

24. Denver 407.5

25. Pittsburgh 426

26. Chicago 442.5

27. Dallas 444

Tampa Bay 444

29. LA Chargers 446.5

30. Cleveland 458

31. Buffalo 458.5

32. Green Bay 470.5

The special teams unit was by far our best and Jason Sanders was easily our second best rookie. The kid came in as inaccurate and ended up as one of the better kickers in the NFL. Rizzi is very good at his job. Hell, I would ask for a ton of money to move from summy Miami to the frozen heel that is the northern mid-west. Really hope he stays.

Wasn't there a story floating around when we let Parkey go and drafted Sanders, that Rizzi hand picked Sanders and told the team to draft him?

At that time, his accuracy was questioned but Rizzi stood by his personal assessment that he saw something yet to be seen?

Ha ha too much money.

Who knew the specials coach was greedy too. What’s that gig like in the offseason anyways? Feels like it would be a cake walk. Lol.

Hey H, love your posts, most of the time. But, this is business, not loyalty. If you are in a position to leverage, and you have a fall back, you leverage to the hilt, you squeeze until the last drop of Green comes out of the ripe Dollar fruit. If someone does differently, they are an idiot.

Like my Opa taught me "When a rich man tells you it is better to have a nickle in your pocket than nothing, you tell him, I would be an idiot to settle for a nickle".

The Ever 18.6% VIPER

If Jones doesn't have his up his butt big time he pays Rizzi whats he worth, players are cheap coaches are worth every penny.

It's worth considering that he might not have too much confidence in the new regime at Green Bay. If he's going to move on, he's got to have something that gives him a chance to move up in the future, right? We're making the full-Belichick play, and maybe he sees that as better than the new regime in Green Bay. Who knows what happens in a few years, but Rizzi knows he can turn this group into good special teamers, and everyone except the man who gave him his best shot so far--interviewing for the HC opening--is gone in Miami. I kinda doubt it's about money, but nobody likes to go backwards in pay, so the offer needs to be superior to uproot for less money.

How in demand can you be when you had 2 punts blocked in one half?

There are people who actually wanted him to interview for our HCing job. LMAO.

Maybe he and Dan Campbell could be co-head coaches together somewhere.

So Tom Brady has never thrown 2 picks in a half? What about Peyton?

I think Rizzi will stay because I think it's Ross who set his market. Why would he go to the Packers for a pay cut?

Never heard of him until he got hyped up this offseason obviously the one head coaching interview he had turned him into a Adam Gase light lol
You never heard of our special teams coordinator before? He is our STC since 2010. How long have you been following the Dolphins?

I'd stated in several places (probably here, too) it wouldn't surprise me if Rizzi stayed put. He'd been through so many regime changes, was well settled in here, so I kind of had a feeling he wouldn't just fly the coop lightly.

Back
Top Bottom