Palm Beach Post Expects The Dolphins To Exercise Devante Parker's Fifth-year Team Option. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Palm Beach Post Expects The Dolphins To Exercise Devante Parker's Fifth-year Team Option.

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Palm Beach Post expects the Dolphins to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year team option.

Parker has disappointed through three seasons, but he just turned 25 and maintains late-breakout potential. The Palm Beach Post's Joe Schad expects Parker's fifth-year option to be worth roughly $9.5 million. Fifth-year team options for former first-round picks are guaranteed only for injury, so the Dolphins could conceivably release Parker next offseason if he doesn't step up in 2018.

Source: Palm Beach Post

He was a dud last season - probably one of our biggest disappointments. Needs to improve significantly to warrant money like that.

He's got the talent to be a straight beast out on the field, we've all seen that. But if he's gonna be that player consistently, then he's gotta make it happen and do whatever it takes to stay at that level.

It seems like he has been nothing but an afterthought every time he takes the field. Not what I would expect from a first round pick.

He certainly needs to be put it all together or we move on. Luckily, I don't think any of his issues stem from a lack of talent. I don't think there is a question its still expected that DVP should be able to beat 80% of the DB's in the NFL, consistently.

You want to want it for him but at the end of the day, he has to have that inner desire.

In the history of the NFL draft, there are a lot more guys that end up like Parker then like AJ Green, unfortunately for us.

That said, if that ball is in the air and he's anywhere near it, I still have the confidence he will be the one to come down with it.

The Palm Beach Post expects the Dolphins to exercise DeVante Parker's fifth-year team option.

Parker has disappointed through three seasons, but he just turned 25 and maintains late-breakout potential. The Palm Beach Post's Joe Schad expects Parker's fifth-year option to be worth roughly $9.5 million. Fifth-year team options for former first-round picks are guaranteed only for injury, so the Dolphins could conceivably release Parker next offseason if he doesn't step up in 2018.

Source: Palm Beach Post
Like they had a choice...hahaha

Honestly thoigh, DeVante caught some bad brakes but he also might just not be a no. 1.....or 2

We've got very little for him so I think a trade is out of the question. He's worth more to us as potential and see what he's got after this year.

He certainly needs to be put it all together or we move on. Luckily, I don't think any of his issues stem from a lack of talent. I don't think there is a question its still expected that DVP should be able to beat 80% of the DB's in the NFL, consistently.

You want to want it for him but at the end of the day, he has to have that inner desire.

In the history of the NFL draft, there are a lot more guys that end up like Parker then like AJ Green, unfortunately for us.

That said, if that ball is in the air and he's anywhere near it, I still have the confidence he will be the one to come down with it.
Did you not have cable last year? Dvp got outmuscled for like 4 picks. A couple were when he had position and just gave it up.

Kid just mentally doesn't have it - and that cannot be developed during the offseason.

You either have the stones to be great, or, you continue to waddle along in mediocrity.

The move itself is a no brainer. As for Parker he may have talent but his level of production is on par with Ted Ginn’s First 3 years. He’s fortunate, a lot receivers don’t get four years to show they can hack it.

Back
Top Bottom