Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers trade for Darnold. Guess they won't be trading up to 6 with us...

Well that trade kind of screws my thoughts about the Jets taking Sewell. They will obviously take a QB, as will SF. Atlanta is an unknown. I now think Cinci will take Sewell. They have to keep Burrows healthy, plus the WR draft class is very deep. Miami will have a nice quartet of playmakers on both sides of the ball available to choose from. That, I like.

would love to see atlanta trade down with Denver to guarantee a QB. but like most have said, this officially guarantees that QB's go 1-3.

I was on the fence about the Jets doing something stupid until they traded Darnold.

As far as the Panthers are concerned, Darnold has a better chance to succeed in Carolina anyways. I'm thinking they need to try to find a trade partner for Bridgewater as opposed to letting them duel it out, and i think Teddy is too expensive to cut this year. Being a "near charlotte" native, i really think that the Panthers would've been better off rolling with Teddy this year and saving the draft capital to move up for Howell next year. not that they traded ALOT, but they could've used the 2022 2nd rounder in the package to move up for Howell.

Robby Anderson was more of a deep ball threat when he was with Darnold in NY,. where as Teddy turned him into a possession WR. So that transition will be interesting too.

I'm really really hoping that after spending a 2nd rounder for Hayden Hurst next year that the Falcons are shockers and go Sewell or reach for a CB. They've drafted CB had 2 out of the last 3 years but so thats prob out of the picture. Bringing in an offensive head coach, I'm REALLY hoping the pick is Sewell. He knows the Falcons have weapons in Jones, Ridley, Hurst, Gage, so WR should be out of the question. Maybe he realizes how good of a strong OL was for Tenn and shores it up with Sewell. Matthews on one side, Sewell on the other, should benefit the entire team. Only issue with that is, they did draft an OT late in the first in 2019 that they traded up for. **** the more i type and read into the Falcons, it might be Pitts. Come on Denver, swing the trade

Based upon what anecdotal evidence?

W/O doing any research
Do you know what "anecdotal" means? It means a small sample size.
The sample size in this case is the entire NFL and its entire history.
100 percent evidence isn't anecdotal. Even if there are some rare cases its still not anywhere near being an "anecdotal" sample.

Let's focus on the part where you didnt bother to do research (about Sewell). Before making claims it helps to have at least some basis for your claims. Why has not one person mentioned Sewell and his "alligator arms"? Unlike you Ive watched no less than 6 videos discussing Sewell. Check this forum and you'll find quite a few. Never once has anyone mentioned his arm length.

On the other hand not one Mock draft has Smith going first out of this year's receiving class? In fact Mock's Ive seen have him going 4th or even later after receivers like Rashod Bateman and Toney. Smith's weight is a serious concern and its mentioned constantly whenever he is the topic of discussion.

Previously I advocated trading with Carolina, but now I'm all for ensuring a difference maker at 6 rather than drafting after Carolina

Previously I advocated trading with Carolina, but now I'm all for ensuring a difference maker at 6 rather than drafting after Carolina
Yes let's stay at 6 and grab our difference maker once and for all.

Well that trade kind of screws my thoughts about the Jets taking Sewell. They will obviously take a QB, as will SF. Atlanta is an unknown. I now think Cinci will take Sewell. They have to keep Burrows healthy, plus the WR draft class is very deep. Miami will have a nice quartet of playmakers on both sides of the ball available to choose from. That, I like.
Apparently atlanta is getting offers for teams to trade up to them. Probably Denver and atlante might trade down, because as much as kyle pitts is enticing, they don't need him or might not feel they need a qb. They might want a ton of picks and talent. Them going to 9 would still give them a top player especially defense while getting more picks. Maybe Parsons who is seen as a very good lb prospect. So if that happens and denver goes to 4, as talented as pitts is, I don't believe denver is trading a bunch of picks there for a WR or TE, it's for a qb. Which increases miami's chances for pitts now. As I feel Bengals might go with pitts but I think they will more likely go with sewell or chase who their franchise qb is clamoring for which would leave pitts for miami. I felt atlante was the greatest threat of taking pitts before miami.

Do you know what "anecdotal" means? It means a small sample size.
The sample size in this case is the entire NFL and its entire history.
100 percent evidence isn't anecdotal. Even if there are some rare cases its still not anywhere near being an "anecdotal" sample.

Let's focus on the part where you didnt bother to do research (about Sewell). Before making claims it helps to have at least some basis for your claims. Why has not one person mentioned Sewell and his "alligator arms"? Unlike you Ive watched no less than 6 videos discussing Sewell. Check this forum and you'll find quite a few. Never once has anyone mentioned his arm length.

On the other hand not one Mock draft has Smith going first out of this year's receiving class? In fact Mock's Ive seen have him going 4th or even later after receivers like Rashod Bateman and Toney. Smith's weight is a serious concern and its mentioned constantly whenever he is the topic of discussion.
Smith as 1st WR off the board as opposed to 4th... i would gladly take that wager

Back
Top Bottom