Panthers vs. da' Bears | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Panthers vs. da' Bears

No I really do think calls are getting worse and worse. Refs were only hated so much ten years ago.

Jaj said:
No I really do think calls are getting worse and worse. Refs were only hated so much ten years ago.

Are you kidding? Remember the Immaculate Reception? Madden STILL hasn't gotten over it.

I also saw one of those ESPN Classics with the Redskins-49ers 1983 conference championship games with some (obviously) blown calls against the 49ers late and the players are still peeved to this day about it.

today's officials are subject to so much more scrutiny because they're graded on every play and today's technology and video feeds make it so much easier to find their mistakes. so I believe that A. their mistakes are more visible due to the enlarged media and B. this allows them to improve their officiating.

SCall13 said:
There are some kmow it alls on this board. Geeez

Trollin' Trollin'

Would you grow up? Before you had the audacity to state I disagreed with your assessment of the (correctly) ruled call on the field that the Bears player was down by contact because I must have "picked the Bears" to win the game.

I actually sat down for 5 minutes and replayed the play, out of my own curiosity, 5 times, frame by frame advance. I watched it about 10 times to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Did you? Didn't think so. Enough of your guff just because I actually disagree with you. I'm not sure why you always seem to take it personally.

Hey guys, let's enjoy the ballgame. It's a good one with a lot of intensity. Let's not talk about the officials until the next great/blown call.

RobFins2005 said:
Would you grow up? Before you had the audacity to state I disagreed with your assessment of the (correctly) ruled call on the field that the Bears player was down by contact because I must have "picked the Bears" to win the game.

I actually sat down for 5 minutes and replayed the play, out of my own curiosity, 5 times, frame by frame advance. I watched it about 10 times to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Did you? Didn't think so. Enough of your guff just because I actually disagree with you. I'm not sure why you always seem to take it personally.

Rob, you could do a great doowop song about trolling...

RobFins2005 said:

LMAO! I watched the play over and over again as well. His knee lifted up off the ground just before contact was made. And HERE is the biggest thing: It had to be INCONCLUSIVE to overturn the call. Was it? I didn't think so.
Take it personally? LOL. I don't take anything personally. Just seems to me that you disagree with almost everyone on here just for the sake of doing it. You spend so much time disagreeing that I'm not even sure where you stand on anything.

Jaj said:

They are getting worse. Definetly. The quality of officiating has really gone to crap, IMO.

SCall13 said:
LMAO! I watched the play over and over again as well. His knee lifted up off the ground just before contact was made. And HERE is the biggest thing: It had to be INCONCLUSIVE to overturn the call. Was it? I didn't think so.
Take it personally? LOL. I don't take anything personally. Just seems to me that you disagree with almost everyone on here just for the sake of doing it. You spend so much time disagreeing that I'm not even sure where you stand on anything.

Ahh, I see. So if I don't agree with a certain percentage of posts, I'm obviously a troll just here to start controversy? If I was here just for controversy, why was it Alex before who was the sole person arguing that the interception overturn was the correct call?

Point is, this is a message board for the obvious purpose of discussion. If you don't like being disagreed with, you might want to find another hobby.

RobFins2005 said:
Ahh, I see. So if I don't agree with a certain percentage of posts, I'm obviously a troll just here to start controversy? If I was here just for controversy, why was it Alex before who was the sole person arguing that the interception overturn was the correct call?

Point is, this is a message board for the obvious purpose of discussion. If you don't like being disagreed with, you might want to find another hobby.

LOL. I've been riding you? Wow. I posted my opinion about a call. Then YOU, as usual, disagreed. (Which is fine) Then you disagreed with my second complaint about the pass interference. That is when our conversation started. I don't have a problem being disagreed with. It happens more than just in this post. The problem is, it seems you look for things to disagree with. That's just how I see it. That's all I have to say about it. I'm moving on.

SCall13 said:
LOL. I've been riding you? Wow. I posted my opinion about a call. Then YOU, as usual, disagreed. (Which is fine) That is when our conversation started. I don't have a problem being disagreed with. It happens more than just in this post. The problem is, it seems you look for things to disagree with. That's just how I see it. That's all I have to say about it. I'm moving on.

I'm so sorry that I didn't lie and type that I believed that the knee was off the ground. I obviously should learn to just agree with 99% of the points being made.

I'm done talking to you in this thread. It's like having a conversation with Bob Hope. Back to football.

Kadiddlehopper said:
Improvement?

I just don't see any evidence that the officiating is truly "getting worse", and unfortunately it's something that will always remain up to debate because there's not really any way to "measure" it. I think it's a matter of perception versus reality. It's a tough game to officiate, and calls get missed, some worse than others. The fact that any viewer can point out major gaffes in past years even going decades back is an attest to this.

Also, the game has become more complex and the rules more and more technical. Look at how closely "catches" and "fumbles" are scrutinized nowadays, like somebody else stated today. It used to be black and white. Now you have to have 5 camera angles just to reveal that yes, it was a catch.

And yes, officials are graded on each play, and only the ones who perform the best get to officiate the playoffs and Super Bowl. This is my belief.

Note that I'm not saying that the officiating WASN'T bad in the Steelers game. I believed it was an interception too. But one can go back decades and point out major miscalls even in the playoffs or Superbowl.

Steve Smith is unreal. The only real threat on offense (definetly the only recieving threat) and they still just can't stop him.

Back
Top Bottom