Pasquerelli Reports From Henson Workout | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pasquerelli Reports From Henson Workout

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw an ESPN News update.

Pasquarelli says that so far Henson looks "good"

Ed Werder will be reporting LIVE from Houston at approximately 3:20pm which is about 15 minutes from now.

There's no links yet. Werder will be reporting live then Pasquarelli will probably do his write-up

If you've got access to cable, check out ESPN News right about NOW

clayton reported on espnews that The Bills and Chiefs are the front runners and that the price is a 2005 2nd rounder.

Boy that was a great segment on Drew Henson, got to watch some of his throwing and lots of his interviewing. Seems like an excellent prospect.

Larry Kennan compares him favorably to Drew Bledsoe. Big guy, big arm. Can't coach either.

Henson says even if he was heir apparent to Boone for the Yankees at 3rd base, he would still be leaving to go to football. He doesn't like how individual baseball is...its an individual sport inside a team concept he says.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Boy that was a great segment on Drew Henson, got to watch some of his throwing and lots of his interviewing. Seems like an excellent prospect.

Larry Kennan compares him favorably to Drew Bledsoe. Big guy, big arm. Can't coach either.

Henson says even if he was heir apparent to Boone for the Yankees at 3rd base, he would still be leaving to go to football. He doesn't like how individual baseball is...its an individual sport inside a team concept he says.

Bledsoe is a statue and Henson runs a 4.7 or better.:eek:

Henson's just as big too. 6-5, 240. :eek:

Mike Sherman and Mike Mularkey both at the work out. 20 teams overall in attendance.

9 of 75 passes hit the ground, only 4 were bad passes.

Jim Zorn of seahawks asked him to jump pass a few times.

Arm impressive. Ball hissed through the air on way to receiver.

Big body strong frame.

Al Saunders says lots of guys can throw football from point A to point B, that are tending bar.

Accomplished letting coaches know he can make any and all throws in any system.

Henson started fewer games than Maurice Clarett, this gives them chance to see new tape of him.

Some teams set further appointments to speak with Drew privately.

This is just initial stage of processe, Charlie Casserly says teams gonna wanna work him out individually and he'll allow it.

Drew didn't run today, probably will in individual workouts.

Roger Clemons showed up. He's taken an interest in him, they had lockers next to each other.

I say give a 1st and conditional next year for him. We could grab him, clayton and perhaps a stud o lineman (if we get a pick for wally). What a draft that would be.

He's not worth that much dread, not with the looming prospect of him re-entering the draft. Teams just don't have to give all that to the Texans.

If Clayton is to be believed I guess the Chiefs and Bills are front runners, Mularkey himself did show up today. The asking price will likely end up being a 2005 2nd rounder that could change into a 1st rounder depending on the conditionals.

Once there's a number of teams that all agree to the 2nd rounder I'm sure then Henson's agent will begin negotiations with all of them because this is one trade that requires full cooperation with Henson and his agent...otherwise the recipient teams won't do it. This may end up a lot like free agency just with a pick in the draft being traded too.

I would find it awefully funny if the Bills jumped the gun on the trade, then p!ssed off Henson's agent in negotiations and Henson decided to enter the draft. Then the Bills lose a 2nd for Nuffin.

From lookin at the highlights there's no doubt this guy throws darts man. He only started 8 games but the fact that he made the decision so hard on whether or not to bench Tom Brady can only speak highly of Henson...and then he nearly produced the same stats and records in 8 games that it had taken Brady a full season to accomplish.

Keep in mind this was a different style of offense at Michigan much more pro style than say, Rivers' offense. Only 4 interceptions in 8 starts thats very impressive, and 18 TDs is even more so. I still like Rivers more but if we get Henson instead I would not shed no tears. Henson is a player all right.

im really liking this Henson guy. If we could give up NEXT years 2nd rounder for him, with this years first rounder pick up Michael Clayton and if we have to trade Ogun for a 1st and 3rd get an O-Lineman like Vernon Carey... we will be good to go! Henson could battle Jay for the starting position and we will go from there!

I don't know that Vernon Carey is a bonafied 1st rounder though. Maybe if we're talkin late in the draft.

God I don't think we should push Henson to start right away. QBs are ruined that way especially since he's been away from football so long. We still need a starter and I nominate Sage Rosenfels, or maybe like Billy Volek, AJ Feeley, or Ricky Ray.

Originally posted by MissMeth
im really liking this Henson guy. If we could give up NEXT years 2nd rounder for him, with this years first rounder pick up Michael Clayton and if we have to trade Ogun for a 1st and 3rd get an O-Lineman like Vernon Carey... we will be good to go! Henson could battle Jay for the starting position and we will go from there!

now that's what I'm talking about.....2 firsts and 2 thirds this year...PLUS a potential franchise QB......sounds like a winner to me :) I hope we pick up Michael Clayton or another good WR with one of the 1st picks and a nice Oline guy would be nice (hypothetically speaking that is)....

Spielman might be having dinner with him right now. hmmmmmmmm. gee drew, the qb position is wide open for you right now in miami.

oh and something to consider, houston wants Ogun? gee, how bout a trade after we make Ogun a deal?:cool: I still want Rivers though.

Back
Top Bottom