Pat White | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White

The evaluation of White will come down to how improved we are in the red zone. If we become a team that you just can't keep out of the endzone when we get down there...he will be worth it.

I love this pick thought the timing may be questioned but miami was said to be

interested in him and they got him and upgrade three positions with one guy,,

wr,qb and the ability to use him as a rb,,

In recent college memory there are have only been a handful of guys that you could give the ball to and say, "go score me a touchdown from anywhere on the field."

Reggie Bush, Devin Hester, Ted Ginn, Desean Jackson, and Pat White.

Well, now we have two of them on the same team. I hope the coaching staff is creative enough to put together something insanely unique. Looking at our upcoming schedule, maybe a gimmicky hybrid offense will be the best way to put points on the board.

agreed.

White wouldnt have lasted longer in the second round. Dallas,Patriots and Panthers where all looking at grabbing him. I think Carolina spooked Miami into taking him when they jumped up and grabbed Brown.

I followed White at WVU he improved greatly this year as a true qb. He is still a work in progress (reading defenses and quicker delivery) But give him a few years and he will be a starter.

Recap of those that hated the pick

67Stang – Waste of a pick
Dolphin 39 – I HATE THE PAT WHITE PICK
Dtjp17 – What the hell? Ruined my draft
NIXFINS – Could have got him later
Eric1317 – The disappointment continues
Finfanfromcsu – Why the first day?
4THand10 – Too many needs ahead of him
Iamjafa – Like Saban taking Marcus Vick L
PSU Cane – I really hate the pick as well
Dlockz – I feel sick. Beck pick looks good now
Finman38 – Blew it, need a LB more
PogiRo – 2nd rounder ugh! Hoping Wildcat would go away
PhinSoldia – BAD PICK BAD PICK BAD PICK
ZachThomas76 – I don’t get it, 4th rd OK but…
Clbrazee – Taylor trade WASTED on PW
Rickd13 – Take someone else, especially on D
Chillwill3000 – Way too much of a reach
Uga3406 – Hate the pick as much as Ginn pick
Xeticus – really bad pick
Tylerdolphin – Because Parcells/Ireland have never been wrong…

67Stang – Waste of a pick
Dolphin 39 – I HATE THE PAT WHITE PICK
Dtjp17 – What the hell? Ruined my draft
NIXFINS – Could have got him later
Eric1317 – The disappointment continues
Finfanfromcsu – Why the first day?
4THand10 – Too many needs ahead of him
Iamjafa – Like Saban taking Marcus Vick L
PSU Cane – I really hate the pick as well
Dlockz – I feel sick. Beck pick looks good now
Finman38 – Blew it, need a LB more
PogiRo – 2nd rounder ugh! Hoping Wildcat would go away
PhinSoldia – BAD PICK BAD PICK BAD PICK
ZachThomas76 – I don’t get it, 4th rd OK but…
Clbrazee – Taylor trade WASTED on PW
Rickd13 – Take someone else, especially on D
Chillwill3000 – Way too much of a reach
Uga3406 – Hate the pick as much as Ginn pick
Xeticus – really bad pick
Tylerdolphin – Because Parcells/Ireland have never been wrong…

I never said I hated the pick.I said too many needs ahead of him.I felt the Dolphins could have got White in the 3rd round but thats another debate.

As a WVU fan I saw Major Harris play plenty of times. Pat was the better of the two, period. They aren’t even all that similar players really.

I loved the Major and I agree that he was probably ahead of time, but even today in the age of the Wildcat I don't think he would have been a successful pro. For one thing, he was too slow. I've never seen a 40 time listed for him, but if I had to guess I would say he was in the mid to high 4.7's... which is certainly fast enough to be an every down QB but not to run the Wildcat or return kicks.

Major was more elusive and probably had a stronger arm than Pat, but Pat has much better decision-making and accurary. Major turned the ball over way too much, especially at cruicial points in the game. He would make an amazing long run, and then at the end of the play he would fumble.

And Pat had more success on the field over a longer period of time. He had four great seasons and showed improvement year after year. Major had one great season but regressed a little bit his junior year before making a bonehead decision to declare for the draft early.

While I totally agree with you in the comparison of White and Harris, actually their career passer ratings were not far apart. Harris had a 143 career rating and White had a 147 rating.

Guys Miami did not pay any atention to Brace you guys need to get over it. Salguero report Miami did not talk, interview, visit or met with Brace. Dolphins had there chance at Butler in the 1st and took Davis instead. Butler while good left a lot of plays last year on the field. I think the Dolphins got exactly what they wanted and I loved this draft.

IMO, we liked Darius too, just not as much as Vontae. Vontae fits to a T the physical blueprint of what Parcells has consistently drafted as a corners. Butler is probably more athletic and a better pure cover corner. But Bill wants corners who come up and hit people. Until now, I'd say Ty Law was the quintessential Parcells corner. Vontae has the capability of being every bit as good. We showed a lot of interest in Butler too and IMO he was under consideration, just a notch or two below Vontae. No way to prove it, but if Vontae would have been gone, we'd have probably picked Darius at 25 overall.

Dolphins | White to play receiver
Sat, 25 Apr 2009 21:12:23 -0700
ESPNews reports Miami Dolphins rookie QB Pat White will play wide receiver and possibly see some time at quarterback in the Wildcat formation.

I know you are just reporting what ESPN said, but they should have checked with Tony first. That doesn't sound like what he has been saying.

I know you are just reporting what ESPN said, but they should have checked with Tony first. That doesn't sound like what he has been saying.

ESPN only plays into our hands. They cannot bear the thought of this kid actually doing something at Qb so they can protect their little Mel Kiper's arguments.

I mean..."possibly"

how lame.

the same way I felt when we drafted Eddie Moore and Jamar Fletcher.

I actually felt much worse at the time, when we picked Billy Milner and Jason Allen. I think the Milner pick upset me more the moment it happened than any pick in team history. The Allen pick was upsetting because of the talent still on the board that went right after our pick.

ESPN only plays into our hands. They cannot bear the thought of this kid actually doing something at Qb so they can protect their little Mel Kiper's arguments.

I mean..."possibly"

how lame.

If one wants to pay heed to any of the media types, Jaworski's background and positive comments on White as a passing QB carry more weight with me than anything the rest of the ESPN crowd can say. After we picked him, I thought Gruden and Mayock were gonna cream their jeans. :lol: They were positively feeling the love. :up:

They already have thier PAt White(isiah Stanback) doing nothing for them

As Squirrel89 posted....

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 [SIZE=-1]By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News [/SIZE]The Cowboys have drafted only one quarterback since 1991 (Quincy Carter, 2001), but owner and general manager Jerry Jones said that could change this year.
It might not be a traditional quarterback, though. With the Wildcat offense becoming more popular in the NFL, the Cowboys could dip their toe into that pool in 2009.

But White has also impressed with his quarterback skills and could be long gone before the Cowboys want to take a chance on a Wildcat quarterback. Other options include Rice tight end James Casey of Azle and Texas A&M quarterback Stephen McGee, who ran an option offense in college. Both players visited the Cowboys last week.
Star Telegram, 4-21-09

First...if the recent past hasn't taught you that anything that the Dolphins say should be taken with a grain of salt...where have you been? The Dolphins would be stupid to admit the truth...one way or the other, but it's very obvious that for White to play...he has to be on the field...and that can't be just as a QB. I can assure any fan that he will also line up as a receiver and running back at times during this up coming season.

Back
Top Bottom