Pat White | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White

You people that are bashing the Pat White pick are the biggest bunch of morons I've ever seen!

Obviously, NONE OF YOU HAVE EVER SEEN HIM PLAY!

Seriously, if you have never seen Pat White play then KEEP YOUR ****ING MOUTHS SHUT UNTIL YOU SEE SOME REAL GAME FOOTAGE.

IDIOTS...GOD!

I find it hard to beleive when this team needed an OLB then choose to take a position that is not needed. I mean if u wanted a wr so bad then draft one. This to me was a bad pick and if you read the entire thread their are plenty supporters on here that agree. This guy will make no impact what so ever on this team. Just like Ginn and Allen he is dud.

Miami has been trying to sign Matt Roth to a longer deal after seeing how well he played as a OLB last year,and Porter is going to be starting for the next few years as well.So the front office is happy with them as starters and they are only looking for a 3rd down passrusher as of right now.

They don't see Pat as a WR. They see him as someone they can have run the wildcat and come in on 3rd downs as a QB.This team was one of, if not the worst at picking up 1st downs last year.

If you want to pick up 3rd downs in the nfl on the cheap, get a QB that is a decent passer and is faster then the defensive front seven.Then if teams put a spy on Pat then 3 of the 4 WR will be one on one.Advantaged Miami.

Bill said we needed more firepower and we just got it!!!!The only player with more bang for the buck was Harvin.

You people that are bashing the Pat White pick are the biggest bunch of morons I've ever seen!

Obviously, NONE OF YOU HAVE EVER SEEN HIM PLAY!

Seriously, if you have never seen Pat White play then KEEP YOUR ****ING MOUTHS SHUT UNTIL YOU SEE SOME REAL GAME FOOTAGE.

IDIOTS...GOD!

Stay classy San Diego
Okay I have seen him play various time and do not like the pick so can I speak on it lol.
So people that dont agree with you on this are idiots or morons. Just making sure I get your point. Being good in college is never a sure sign of NFL greatness. He reminds me of Major Harris who was also a very good college Qb at West Virginia. Major Harris went on to do zip in his NFL career. White will get a chance in the wildcat and who knows but I think we as fans of football have a right to say we dont like the pick. That doesn't make anyone an idiot or a moron.

Stay classy San Diego
Okay I have seen him play various time and do not like the pick so can I speak on it lol.
So people that dont agree with you on this are idiots or morons. Just making sure I get your point. Being good in college is never a sure sign of NFL greatness. He reminds me of Major Harris who was also a very good college Qb at West Virginia. Major Harris went on to do zip in his NFL career. White will get a chance in the wildcat and who knows but I think we as fans of football have a right to say we dont like the pick. That doesn't make anyone an idiot or a moron.

LOL, if he reminds you Major Harris, I say you have a "Major" misjudgment on football talent. Not that I am a pro or any of us are, but Harris is no where near this kids arm, speed, accuracy and ability.

hmm. his 40 time would speak to the contrary. dont know too many DE's that are going to tackle Pat White 1 on 1.

To bad football wasn't one on one then it would have been a great pick but WHAT DOES THE SPEED OF A DEFENSIVE END HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS PICK????

Yeah they took two players that if they didnt we would have taken. But they did take them so we went to the next option just as they would have. They would have taken him with their next pick cause he was next on their board just like he was on ours

How was it being in New Englands draft room and seeing there draft board upclose...I ncredible that Bill B
would let just and Joe/Blow see who he was going to draft next...simply amazing:err:

LOL, if he reminds you Major Harris, I say you have a "Major" misjudgment on football talent. Not that I am a pro or any of us are, but Harris is no where near this kids arm, speed, accuracy and ability.

I think you seriously misjudge how good a player Major Harris was.
Pat White is not so much better than Major Harris. Most people on this board never saw him play.

The only reason Major Harris never got a chance in the NFL was all about timing. Now its trending more to qb that can run and pass. This is the same reason that many qb's never got a proper chance in the NFL.
There was also alot of bias against black qb's during that period.
clear.gif
Major Harris, QB, Pittsburgh, Pa.

There was never any doubt about Major Harris’ athletic ability and star power, just doubts about whether or not he could play quarterback in college. That’s why hometown Pitt took a pass on the city’s player of the year and Sporting News Top 100 prospect. But Harris proved that he could not only quarterback a Division I program, he could do so at the highest level. Twice Harris was a Heisman Trophy finalist and was a two-time ECAC player of the year, leading the Mountaineers to the Fiesta Bowl to play Notre Dame for the 1989 national championship. Harris was one of a handful of college quarterbacks to both pass for more than 5,000 yards and run for more than 2,000 yards during an exciting career that gave him coast to coast fame. And while Harris could never quite duplicate that same magic on the professional level, he still remains one of Eastern college football’s most exciting players ever.

I love the pick of White. The way I see it, as much as I love Ronnie Brown, I don't think he is a feature, between the tackles running back. So I think the Wildcat is perfect for the personnel that the fins have. Now moreso because of Pat White. I think defenses started figuring the WC out because without Camarillo, there were only 2 WRs that were gonna catch balls and everyone knew Pennington was going to be a non-factor so it was basically 10 on 11.

I think you seriously misjudge how good a player Major Harris was.
Pat White is not so much better than Major Harris. Most people on this board never saw him play.

The only reason Major Harris never got a chance in the NFL was all about timing. Now its trending more to qb that can run and pass. This is the same reason that many qb's never got a proper chance in the NFL.
There was also alot of bias against black qb's during that period.
1.Major Harris, QB, Pittsburgh, Pa.
There was never any doubt about Major Harris’ athletic ability and star power, just doubts about whether or not he could play quarterback in college. That’s why hometown Pitt took a pass on the city’s player of the year and Sporting News Top 100 prospect. But Harris proved that he could not only quarterback a Division I program, he could do so at the highest level. Twice Harris was a Heisman Trophy finalist and was a two-time ECAC player of the year, leading the Mountaineers to the Fiesta Bowl to play Notre Dame for the 1989 national championship. Harris was one of a handful of college quarterbacks to both pass for more than 5,000 yards and run for more than 2,000 yards during an exciting career that gave him coast to coast fame. And while Harris could never quite duplicate that same magic on the professional level, he still remains one of Eastern college football’s most exciting players ever.
As a WVU fan I saw Major Harris play plenty of times. Pat was the better of the two, period. They aren’t even all that similar players really.

I loved the Major and I agree that he was probably ahead of time, but even today in the age of the Wildcat I don't think he would have been a successful pro. For one thing, he was too slow. I've never seen a 40 time listed for him, but if I had to guess I would say he was in the mid to high 4.7's... which is certainly fast enough to be an every down QB but not to run the Wildcat or return kicks.

Major was more elusive and probably had a stronger arm than Pat, but Pat has much better decision-making and accurary. Major turned the ball over way too much, especially at cruicial points in the game. He would make an amazing long run, and then at the end of the play he would fumble.

And Pat had more success on the field over a longer period of time. He had four great seasons and showed improvement year after year. Major had one great season but regressed a little bit his junior year before making a bonehead decision to declare for the draft early.

I love the pick...we will just have to see how it pans out...a very nervy pick to say the least and I'm glad the FO went for it!! We needed play makers and that's exactly what Pat White is!!

As a WVU fan I saw Major Harris play plenty of times. Pat was the better of the two, period. They aren’t even all that similar players really.

I loved the Major and I agree that he was probably ahead of time, but even today in the age of the Wildcat I don't think he would have been a successful pro. For one thing, he was too slow. I've never seen a 40 time listed for him, but if I had to guess I would say he was in the mid to high 4.7's... which is certainly fast enough to be an every down QB but not to run the Wildcat or return kicks.

Major was more elusive and probably had a stronger arm than Pat, but Pat has much better decision-making and accurary. Major turned the ball over way too much, especially at cruicial points in the game. He would make an amazing long run, and then at the end of the play he would fumble.

And Pat had more success on the field over a longer period of time. He had four great seasons and showed improvement year after year. Major had one great season but regressed a little bit his junior year before making a bonehead decision to declare for the draft early.

He was twice in the top five for the hesiman trophy so I think they thought he had more than one good season. He had the highest passer effeicency rating as a sophmore and as a junior was a first team all american. i could notsay on his speed because that is hard to research but I would guess that thier speed is much closer than you think. I see them s similar players in differant eras.

I didn't say he only had one good season. I said he had one great season -- 1988, his sophomore year when he led us to the NC game vs. Notre Dame. His junior year he was very good but made too many bad decisions to consider it a great year. His stats might have been a little better as a jr. but that's only because he was carrying more of the offensive load.

I feel bad slamming on Major like this because he is a WVU legend... but trust me, I've seen both of them play in person many times and Pat is a completely different player, and his game translates much better to the pros.

Stay classy San Diego

Why don't you lie a little more...:rolleyes2:

You have never seen Pat White play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you lie a little more...:rolleyes2:

You have never seen Pat White play.
Chill dude. Its just a differing opinion. Its what message boards are for. Hell, half the fun of the draft is thinking what you would have liked to see done differently by your team.

I hope you notice that the people who disagree with this pick are not running around calling people "IDIOTS". Why are you taking disagreement so damn personal?

I find it hard to beleive when this team needed an OLB then choose to take a position that is not needed. I mean if u wanted a wr so bad then draft one. This to me was a bad pick and if you read the entire thread their are plenty supporters on here that agree. This guy will make no impact what so ever on this team. Just like Ginn and Allen he is dud.

How do you know we need an OLB? I havent seen us draft one yet?!! JT Hello!! Whatever! Pat White will be running the Wildcat! If you dont like it! BECOME A PATS FAN!!!

Back
Top Bottom