Pat White | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White

This pick might go up their with the Ginn and Jason Allen pick as being the worse.

If you say so. Just not fond of drafting part time players in the second.
If he works out, Im a fan and thats great but I see him as a huge mistake,

*shrugs* My only real thoughts is that Pat White can do things no other play in this draft can do. If utilized right, hes going to make good plays here.

Hes a risk. Theres no doubt about it. but don't you think that's what got us to the playoffs last year? Risks?

signing a QB who only finished one full season once in his entire career, using a formation that has not worked in generations, keeping Ricky Williams on the team, Trading away Jason Taylor, etc etc.

We take risks now. Besides, look at it like this, we shouldn't have had the pick that we took White with anyway. so just grade our draft on Davis and Smith.

I hate the pick as well. Yes, he may help out in the wildcat, but how much could he really help the team? Not anywhere near as much as guys like Clint Sintim, Connor Barwin, Sean Smith, Michael Johnson, Max Unger, Jarron Gilbert and others who have the potential to become full time starters and help this team at positions of NEED! QB is not a position of need. You also don't pay a 3rd string QB and gimmick guy the money they will have to as a 2nd round pick.

These guys cant help you if they don't see the field. Most of the guys you mentioned would be backups unless they can push a starter for pt. We needed a WR to start and this fills multiple needs as well.

Initially I was surprised but the more I think about it the better I feel. This kid is versatile. He is like drafting 3 players in 1. He would not have made it to us in the 3rd round. And to follow it up with Sean Smith?? Great draft so far.

the same way I felt when we drafted Eddie Moore and Jamar Fletcher.

Whether it's the Wildcat or the regular offense. When Pat White plays, teams are going to have to be on their toes because if they're on their heels, he'll smoke you.

There were NO defensive players still on the board that were good enough to start on defense this year so Pat While playing at all will be better than whoever we would have picked.

I LOVE PAT WHITE and THIS PICK!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good! We scored 8 of our 38 offensive TD's from the Wildcat and it just got more deadly! Think of it this way every time Ronnie pulled the ball out of Ricky's belly we knew Ronnie was running. Now you don't know what is going to happen. A pass or a run not to mention he can hit Ginn down the field!

Exctally,, he can run pass or hand it to Ronnie...:woot:

This pick might go up their with the Ginn and Jason Allen pick as being the worse.

The word is worst. The worst pick was Eddie Moore, hands down when Anquan Boldin was on the horn.

Ginn and Allen still play for this team so Parcells and co. obviously may disagree.

Pat White will soon be the most sought after guy after every friggin practice. What does that tell you? That everyone is actually scared what we are up to.

Hes a risk. Theres no doubt about it. but don't you think that's what got us to the playoffs last year? Risks?

signing a QB who only finished one full season once in his entire career, using a formation that has not worked in generations, keeping Ricky Williams on the team, Trading away Jason Taylor, etc etc.

We were kind of an anti risk team last year. That's why we set the record for least amount of turnovers. Yes we did go to the wildcat but what did we have to lose? We were 0-2 and had just been embarrassed by the Cardinals. We only ran it like 6 times against the Pats. Not much risk there.

We were kind of an anti risk team last year. That's why we set the record for least amount of turnovers. Yes we did go to the wildcat but what did we have to lose? We were 0-2 and had just been embarrassed by the Cardinals. We only ran it like 6 times against the Pats. Not much risk there.

the personnel decisions we made were risks. not our actual play.

Reading most of these posts, it seems guys are just blurting opinions rather than facts. Facts are this kid has won 4 bowl games and big ones at that. Facts are he had better performance at the scouting combine that any other qb. Kid is a tremendous athlete and you should not count him out as a QB. Beck is garbage and glad he will be history. Good pick, he would of been gone in the next 5 picks if we didn't take him. The sad thing about it, is that he has a higher upside than Ginn at WR.

Reading most of these posts, it seems guys are just blurting opinions rather than facts. Facts are this kid has won 4 bowl games and big ones at that. Facts are he had better performance at the scouting combine that any other qb. Kid is a tremendous athlete and you should not count him out as a QB. Beck is garbage and glad he will be history. Good pick, he would of been gone in the next 5 picks if we didn't take him. The sad thing about it, is that he has a higher upside than Ginn at WR.
Is that a fact?

Dolphins | White to play receiver
Sat, 25 Apr 2009 21:12:23 -0700
ESPNews reports Miami Dolphins rookie QB Pat White will play wide receiver and possibly see some time at quarterback in the Wildcat formation.

obviously NE was not that impressed by him since they passed on im in back to back picks with us coming up.

I think NE knew we would have taken Brace or Butler so they make the trade to get them before we could.

White must have been the BPA on our Board at that point. White is a winner and IMO I think he is our starting QB in a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom