Path To The Draft: Ideal Top Two Picks For Each Team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Path To The Draft: Ideal Top Two Picks For Each Team

Most years we got it down to 2 or 3 players that we'd take but it is hard this year. Again, even tho this is not what I'd do, a corner is even possible if we stay at 13 but specially if we trade down. Logic would tell you we go Line either on defense or offense if we stay at 13 but again, is hard to tell this year.
To me, there looks like a lot of talent in the 2nd round range that would fit what Miami is looking for. That's another reason I'm keeping an eye on the LA Chargers. I think both the Patriots and Chargers are looking for quarterbacks of the future and they could be thinking about jumping Washington at #15. Obviously, Miami isn't going to trade with the Patriots but maybe they might move down with LA.

To me, there looks like a lot of talent in the 2nd round range that would fit what Miami is looking for. That's another reason I'm keeping an eye on the LA Chargers. I think both the Patriots and Chargers are looking for quarterbacks of the future and they could be thinking about jumping Washington at #15. Obviously, Miami isn't going to trade with the Patriots but maybe they might move down with LA.
Last time we traded down with the chargers we got the short end of the stick. The first thing I look at is does the team has any extra picks. The chargers have the 60 and 92 pick besides the 28. Unless they're willing to part with their 1st round pick in 2020 I don't see them having enough ammo to move up to our spot. I don't see NE moving up for a QB either tho they have the picks to do it. They could just stay there and get a QB they like.

The Giants only have one pick in round two but with two picks in round one they could try to move up.
The Eagles at 25 could be a trading partner as they have two picks in round two(53,57) but I'm not sure who they would be coming up for plus they don't have a 3rd.
Pitt at 20 could make sense. They have picks 52,66 and 84 and they love LB's so would they want to come up for a guys like Devin Bush?

Last time we traded down with the chargers we got the short end of the stick. The first thing I look at is does the team has any extra picks. The chargers have the 60 and 92 pick besides the 28. Unless they're willing to part with their 1st round pick in 2020 I don't see them having enough ammo to move up to our spot. I don't see NE moving up for a QB either tho they have the picks to do it. They could just stay there and get a QB they like.

The Giants only have one pick in round two but with two picks in round one they could try to move up.
The Eagles at 25 could be a trading partner as they have two picks in round two(53,57) but I'm not sure who they would be coming up for plus they don't have a 3rd.
Pitt at 20 could make sense. They have picks 52,66 and 84 and they love LB's so would they want to come up for a guys like Devin Bush?
Yeah, that was the Odrick, Misi move. A draft where Miami missed out on Gronk as well.

Good point on Pittsburgh. I could also see them move up for a corner like Murphy. I think around the middle of the 1st round is where there could be a run on the top three corners.

Yes, this is how I see it as well. The Chargers and Patriots are the 2 teams in the late 1st, I think could be looking to make a deal with Miami? Lots of talent that fits Miami's mold, in the 2nd-4th round. Getting extra picks in those rounds could be a boon for Miami?

Texans at 23 is also possible. They have picks 54,55 and 87. They can use an OT and if Dillard and Taylor go early they could get nervous and look to move up for a guy like Little.

Yes, this is how I see it as well. The Chargers and Patriots are the 2 teams in the late 1st, I think could be looking to make a deal with Miami? Lots of talent that fits Miami's mold, in the 2nd-4th round. Getting extra picks in those rounds could be a boon for Miami?
like I explain above, Chargers don't have the picks to move that far up unless they want to give up their 1st round pick in 2020 to draft a QB that will sit for at least a couple of years. I just don't see them doing that.

Back
Top Bottom