Patrick Ramsey | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Ramsey

bdmagnum said:
You would take Ryan Leaf, wouldn't you?

Leaf is out of football, rightfully so. Patrick Ramsey is no Ryan Leaf. He is a legitimate 1st round NFL starterwho has done well for a totally dysfunctional franchise with an idiot owner.

Trade For Rivers... or Leinart or Smith or Ramsey or WHOEVER

dolphingator said:
Leaf is out of football, rightfully so. Patrick Ramsey is no Ryan Leaf. He is a legitimate 1st round NFL starterwho has done well for a totally dysfunctional franchise with an idiot owner.

Nice double standard you got going there. Feeley played for a totally dysfunctional franchise and an idiot coach but, only Ramsey gets to use that excuse huh?:rolleyes2

Phinatic03 said:
What do you guys think his value is in a trade? With them drafting Campbell, they may be willing to part with him. Not sure I'd trade for him or not but just thought I'd throw it out there
Feeley could do better than him.

dolphingator said:

Rivers, Lienart, Smith and Ramsey would have done just as poorly as Feeley, given the same conditions (clueless HC, no RB, worst OL in the NFL, etc.) he was thrown into last year, you can't deny that. Once the HC was gone and the Oline started to improve, so did the running game, as well as Feeley. I'm not saying Feeley is the second coming of Marino, but I believe, from the improvement I saw at the end of the season, he will continue to get better.

inFINSible said:
Nice double standard you got going there. Feeley played for a totally dysfunctional franchise and an idiot coach but, only Ramsey gets to use that excuse huh?:rolleyes2

My thoughts exactly.

inFINSible said:

Ramsey has performed much better than feeley despite circumstances. feeley played under Bates when the team had some semblance of brains at the helm (actually I like and respect Bates and wish he had stayed on as DC)
so that comparison of situations is really invalid.

dolphingator said:
Ramsey has performed much better than feeley despite circumstances. feeley played under Bates when the team had some semblance of brains at the helm (actually I like and respect Bates and wish he had stayed on as DC)
so that comparison of situations is really invalid.
Yeah, and we all know that Bates is a much smarter headcoach than Joe Gibbs.

/end sarcasm

finfansince72 said:
Ramsey is better than Feeley, for his career he has more tds than ints and hes been playing on a shabby Skins team with a new coach every year it seems. He has a legit arm and the size to win in the NFL. I thought the Skins made a major error picking up Brunell and they were crazy to draft Campbell with him on the roster. He was a 1st round pick 3 years ago. Whoever said hes trash needs to watch the games. The guy is at least a quality backup in the NFL, thats certainly not trash.

Feeley has the size and a legit arm. However, does he have the temperament and decision making to be a quality starter? Who knows.

bdmagnum said:
Rivers, Lienart, Smith and Ramsey would have done just as poorly as Feeley, given the same conditions (clueless HC, no RB, worst OL in the NFL, etc.) he was thrown into last year, you can't deny that. Once the HC was gone and the Oline started to improve, so did the running game, as well as Feeley. I'm not saying Feeley is the second coming of Marino, but I believe, from the improvement I saw at the end of the season, he will continue to get better.

Don't forget the lack of an offensive coordinator.

inFINSible said:
Yeah, and we all know that Bates is a much smarter headcoach than Joe Gibbs.

/end sarcasm

I'm willing to entertain that possibility, and so are a number of my friends who root for the team. He certainly isn't as bad as Spurrier, but he is disturbingly close. The fact that he stuck with Brunell until the Cincy game is quite disturbing. He was quite possibly the last person in the city to know a change was necessary. I mean, you could practically hear Brunell asking him to put Ramsey in! I was at that game, and the change in the team was amazing once Pat came in. Passes were crisper and actually made it to the receivers. Portis got a little room to run. The Redskins drove to put the game within reach before turning the ball over on downs IIRC.

Few disputed that Losman was an inferior QB to Ramsey while at Tulane. He has lost some time due to organizational problems, but he would be an outstanding alternative to drafting a QB next year. I wouldn't oppose trading for him because this team needs two QBs and Frerotte is a 2 year solution. If Feeley could beat Ramsey out, he'd be welcome as our starter in my book.

Jimmy James said:
I'm willing to entertain that possibility, and so are a number of my friends who root for the team. He certainly isn't as bad as Spurrier, but he is disturbingly close. The fact that he stuck with Brunell until the Cincy game is quite disturbing. He was quite possibly the last person in the city to know a change was necessary. I mean, you could practically hear Brunell asking him to put Ramsey in! I was at that game, and the change in the team was amazing once Pat came in. Passes were crisper and actually made it to the receivers. Portis got a little room to run. The Redskins drove to put the game within reach before turning the ball over on downs IIRC.

Few disputed that Losman was an inferior QB to Ramsey while at Tulane. He has lost some time due to organizational problems, but he would be an outstanding alternative to drafting a QB next year. I wouldn't oppose trading for him because this team needs two QBs and Frerotte is a 2 year solution. If Feeley could beat Ramsey out, he'd be welcome as our starter in my book.
How many games before he put Ramsey in?

Jimmy James said:

So, you are a vote FOR a Ramsey trade? Ramsey seems to be intelligent and knows what he is doing out there. You also get the seasoning that he already has, he doesn't need 3 years to develop.

We just HAVE to get someone smarter and better than feeley!!!! Is that so unreasonable to say? This team can be GREAT if it has a good-to-excellent QB and feeley is below the mediocre threshhold. At 29 years of age. There is NO upside left to this guy.

Back
Top Bottom