Patrick Ramsey | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Ramsey

Dude,

You're being too hard on AJ. Yes, I would favor a Ramsey trade. That doesn't mean I'm down on Feeley. If AJ isn't any good, the likely solution this year is Gus. He'll be fine for a year. Even I would tell you the only reason to trade for Ramsey instead of signing him next year is if we could get a deal on him like I think we could.

JJ, I could live with frerotte FOR A YEAR . I know the guy can play SOME. The thing is that we absolutely HAVE to get cracking on grooming a guy to be along-range starter NOW, or get a guy right on the verge. We cannot wait till 2007 or 2008 to get better and to get a QB. There is NOTHING in next year's draft, worse than this one (this one was not bad, I see 5 starter QB's from this year, NONE of whom at this time are ours :shakeno: ). I am afraid of the scenario of a talented team papering over a QB's (feeley's) ineptitude, and being held under .500 in the process. This is our immediate future unless we do something pretty drastic soon.

Man, there will be options out there for next year. The worst case scenario is that we use Frerotte for a second year. I wouldn't be happy with that, but I could cope.

Ramsey will be out on the market unless he pulls a Brees. If that happens, Campbell will be available. One of Brees or Rivers will be available. A veteran like Griese will become available. Aaron Brooks will probably be out there in play though I'm not enamored with him. We'll have plays at QB next year. It will work out. :)

After the draft we had yesterday, I'm sorta unwilling to trade a draft pick ever again. At least for another year, Saban will still have an advantage over most coaches in that he has a lot of experience with next year's draft class as well.

ramsey isnt going anywhere...redskins arent gonna start campbell until about 2 yrs from now

tucker said:
ramsey isnt going anywhere...redskins arent gonna start campbell until about 2 yrs from now

Who are they going to start next year? It's going to be tough to start Ramsey if he isn't on their roster. I don't know why he would want any part of them for an extra year, either.

UPDATE: I'm wrong -- Ramsey is technically signed next year. The Redskins are said to be in cap hell for sure then, though. His salary is set to be $1.68 million per NFLPA.org, making him a pretty likely cap casualty if he refuses to change that.

I heard from somewhere, that Ramsey is definetly Washington's man this year. (Can't remember where)

I live in VA, and see most of the skins games, except when they clash with Mia.....Patrick Ramsey is the real deal. Hes got a killer arm, and he's pretty smart...oh, he's tougher than isht....he has taken alot of hits, and i've seen about 75% of them, and they were brutal most of the time...kinda looked like feely last year when he was hit on every single play( even running plays lol),,,to sum it up, yea I'd trade for him, wouodnt give up a first(......well maybe), but def. a second..

Start by offering David Bowens, then work from there.

I am for Feeley I wanna give him another chance. But if we traded for Ramsey I wouldn't be too upset.:D

dolphingator said:
If Saban gets Ramsey I will shut up. Deal guys?

Ramsey has a WORLD of talent, better than feeley and more experienced ALREADY with 5 more years of productivity ahead than feeley does.

I mean, get right, feeley is nearly 29 years old and hasn't developed yet and people keep screaming "give him time". Time he AIN'T GOT. You folks will throw a 30 year old under the bus and say that he is on the downside, yet you stick up for a guy who should LONG since have showed something IF he ever had it. feeley is not a has-been, he's a NEVER-WAS.

Bring Ramsey in. He is a legitimate NFL caliber QB with experience.

I'll take anything at this point!

Then you convince Joe Gibbs to get rid of his QB, Gibbs wants Ramsey

I live in DC and there is no way Gibbs trades Ramsey this year. Gibbs was just on the radio today saying so on Sportstalk 980. Ramsey has another year on his deal but the Skins wont be able to afford to franchise him next year unless they plan on getting a trade for him. So, their hand may be forced at that point, but for now he is their man. They dont have enough cap space to franchise a starting QB from what I hear around here. So they will most likely either drop Ramsey next year or drop Brunell and just take the cap hit that comes with it. I am sure they are hoping to receive some sort of draft pick trade for one of them, most likely Brunell. I can't believe they are about to pay three guys big QB money. We shouldn't complain too much. At least we didnt have Don Shula come back to Miami and invest millions of dollars in three QBs without a clearcut starter between them. He has said that it is Ramsey's job without question and he will be starting in Game 1 barring injury. Gibbs dont play rooks and Campbell is coming on as the #3 guy.

Tim Hasselback will come available to someone I guess. Not us hopefully, but he would probably make for a decent third QB for someone.

We need to get in front of the line for Ramsey NOW. Or Rivers. Or do something else to get our own young guy in here who will be our career starter at QB.

Trade for Rivers. Do Something Saban. Neither feeley or frerotte is an answer. We need a QB.

Phinatic03 said:
What do you guys think his value is in a trade? With them drafting Campbell, they may be willing to part with him. Not sure I'd trade for him or not but just thought I'd throw it out there

Hes worth bout a 3rd round pick in my opinion guys been in the league as long as David Carr...going on his 4th year and still hasnt proved he can play in this league successfully then again...there oline sucked last year and they just threw him in after taking his job with brunell

here is what RMueller said about Ramsey vs Campbell.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=mueller&id=2045088

Patrick Ramsey is going to be the starter, but Jason Campbell will get his work in and will eventually take over the job. The Redskins don't want to turn it over to a new quarterback right now, but Ramsey isn't the final answer for this team. Within two years Campbell will be the starter, but for now coach Joe Gibbs is committed to Ramsey and Ramsey is committed to this team.

i hope its true. ;)

Back
Top Bottom