Patriot Fans don't respect Miami run D

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I just have to laugh at these Fans. Every week it's the same
thing whatever team the Dolphins play. Their fans don't
respect the run D.

I say good I hope it's the same for the players as well. Let
them break themselves against that stonewall.

By the time they wake up the game will be over. The only other
big overestimation is them thinking The Dolphins can't play
pass D. ;)

Here are some comments by Patriot dreamers... :D

=====================
SackMastaColvin said:

i'v even seen fin fans say we have to come out passing because we cant run on them. i think thats bull... we come out passing & brady will be a sitting duck for those 2 edge rushers. got to make them play the pats honest, or well get dominated...

run through the tackle/gaurd holes on both sides. you'll catch taylor/o-gun coming up field from time to time & pop some nice runs. all runs have to be BETWEEN THE TACKLES. they do that wide crap & your playing right into the fins hands.

------------------------
SackMastaColvin said:

with all due respect i disagree with your disagreement

texans, jets, bills & jags cant run the ball vs anyone & giants really arnt that good at it either. THATS why their run defense is near the top of the league. stats only go so far, imo pats CAN & WILL be able to run on these guys & have to if they want to get the ball downfield. if we come out passing, brady has to be perfect( which if you havent noticed hasnt been), if not, well be in 2nd/3rd & longs all day, & their REAL strength( their edge rushers) will be in brady's face all day.

hope im wrong & we pass them to death, i just dont see that happening. fins WON the games going away that teams abandoned the run early( bills, jags), they will get the same results if pats do the same thing.

my prediction is belichick KNOWS this & will stay with it. i think we can get around 120 yards between the 3 rb's & thats good enough to loosen up the d for the long passes downfield.

--------------
Nunchuckz said:

also think that the run must be established, you cannot allow Taylor and that other Ogulandya guy to tee off and rush the passer all game.

You guys are insane if you think that if the Pats don't establish the run, they can keep Brady upright. If they throw the ball 30+ times this game, Brady will be in the hospital

--------------------
SackMastaColvin said:

the quickest way to fall behind is come out passing & have 3 & outs. people are overrating the fins run stopping stats over 5 games. they havent faced a good running team yet. "playing into their strengths" would be to let taylor/o-gun tee-off on brady.

we'll see how it plays out, but i feel as strong about this issue as i have anything else so far this season. to assume anything based on 5 games worth of stats vs mediocre running teams is a mistake...

----------------
NEMESIS_X Said:

I am much more positive about our chances this year over last year. We are stopping the run better and we are running better. Turnovers will be a killer, but one area I am more concerned about is the D@MN PENALTIES. If I see one more big play called back I am going ballistic. This has to be minimized, especially in hostile territory, where bouncing back is always more difficult.

I think we need to establish a run game no matter who we face. Miami is tough against the run statistically, but so are the Giants. They don't scare me. Even Jacksonville thought they were overhyped.

What are the Dolphins greatest strengths on Defense? and how do we turn those strengths against them.

-Speed
-turnovers
?
?
?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not worried about their Backs running as I am of them receiving. I still have nightmares of Kevin Faulk carving through our defense in the final game of the season last yr with a variety of screen passes.

I dont believe they will have much success running on us.

If they think they can run on us then we should beable to rack up 200+ yards on them :lol:

They will still have a hard time stopping RW and they know it cause the moment the Pats think he's not a factor, it's over--for them.

The only way not to have teams key on Ricky is to show we have a deep threat.....consistently.

Like the Patriots have so much better of a run attack than the Bills, Giants or Jags :rolleyes:

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
The only way not to have teams key on Ricky is to show we have a deep threat.....consistently.

We dont need a deep threat, I keep hearing it and I dont think it is as important as everyone makes it out to be, what we need is a passing game, short to medium range. If we can move the ball doing that, then they wont stack the front with 8 or 9 in the box and ricky will be able to run. Also we could then take shots down the field, but I dont know how we are going to throw the ball 40 yards down the field when we cant even throw to 10 to 15 yards now.

Pats are a good defensive team and I dont care how banged up or what there fans think, they scare me and they will be ready to play if our D shows up like it has then we can pull off another win.

You have to admit we are the ugliest 4-1 team there is. Ill take it but it aint pretty and we cant do it all season long.

Most Pats fans don't feel that running on the Phins will be easy. This game will be a battle royale, featuring two tough defenses going at it. The difference, unfortunately, will be Ricky. The Pats just don't have the bodies to stop him right now. The December game will be a whole 'nother story though. At any rate, don't expect a high scoring game this week.

We should not win this game.

Both teams are flying high though......

Originally posted by Seymour93
Most Pats fans don't feel that running on the Phins will be easy. This game will be a battle royale, featuring two tough defenses going at it. The difference, unfortunately, will be Ricky. The Pats just don't have the bodies to stop him right now. The December game will be a whole 'nother story though. At any rate, don't expect a high scoring game this week.

I agree with you Seymour.

And it could be a high scoring game this week. The two teams will make a case for the rest of the NFL with that game.

The two teams have struggle on offense but clearly dominated on defence.

And I do think that the Pats fans underestimate Taylor and Ogunleye on the rushing D. Both are incredible against the pass and they're way better than they think against the rush.

The only thing about the Pats O that concerns me is the screen passes. Those can beat and have beaten our D.

Oh yeah, and if a wide receiver pushes Fletcher, yet Fletcher gets called for it. :rolleyes:

No matter who they line up, they still have to stop Ricky! Easier said than done!

I was more concerned about Fred Taylor and Tiki Barber than I am about ANY of the Pat' RB's!

Back
Top Bottom