Patriots @ Phins on Week 1. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots @ Phins on Week 1.

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
In order to protect the 17-0 Mark. Or it could be week 2 I suppose.

The 17-0 don't need protected. It was done in one season and not been touched this year. Their 15 in a row ends today. Next season is a completely different monster.

still... the media LOVES the drama, and it won't make a difference.

i'm good with NE week 1.

Actually the Dolphins won 18 straight games. The 72' season and they beat the 49ers 21-13 in week 1 of 1973. Sadly, they lost in week 2 to the Raiders 12-7. So, right now the Patriots are at 15 straight. They would have to win their first 3 games next year to tie us and win their first 4 to break our streak.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
The 17-0 don't need protected. It was done in one season and not been touched this year. Their 15 in a row ends today. Next season is a completely different monster.
17 straight is still seventeen straight, and it can be broken...what hasn't and probably won't be touched is the "undefeated" season

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
17 straight is still seventeen straight, and it can be broken...what hasn't and probably won't be touched is the "undefeated" season

I don't consider it 17 straight, since it won't be the same team. I have to think their chances of winning the first 3 or 4 games next year are pretty good, considering the extra picks they have and the cap play they have. They should improve.

No, it doesn't count, at least not in the traditional sense. Tiger woods won all of the Grand Slam golf events in succesion but over the course of two seperate years. It isn't considered a Grand Slam sweep seeing how it essentially was over two "seasons" of golf. However, 15 in a row in this day and age of football if freaking awesome and it kills me to no end that it is one of our main rivals who did it.

Oh no doubt. Can't take anything away from 'em for 15 straight, even if they got lucky. They still got 'em.

But what also cracks me up about Pats fans is how they say that this year (SB win included) ranks them as the #2 team all-time. Hard argument to make considering the '85 Bears happened. There's also been many other teams to go 14-2 and win the SB. #3's a toss-up.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
Oh no doubt. Can't take anything away from 'em for 15 straight, even if they got lucky. They still got 'em.

But what also cracks me up about Pats fans is how they say that this year (SB win included) ranks them as the #2 team all-time. Hard argument to make considering the '85 Bears happened. There's also been many other teams to go 14-2 and win the SB. #3's a toss-up.

The Pats were 10-0 against teams that had 10 or more wins. That's something that no other team has ever done. You cannot deny that this was an amazing accomplishment...especially with all their injuries.

By the way, how tough of a schedule did the '72 Dolphins play?

Originally posted by dropKickMurphy

By the way, how tough of a schedule did the '72 Dolphins play?

They went undefeated against teams with a .327 winning percentage.

It was the lowest winning percentage of any team ever to win the SB.

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

They went undefeated against teams with a .327 winning percentage.

It was the lowest winning percentage of any team ever to win the SB.

The Patriots got STOMPED by 6-10 Buffalo and also lost to 5-11 Washington. Combined winning % = .344. This years' Patriots were the best team in the NFL but it is a stretch to say they were one of the greatest of all-time.

Originally posted by DolphinzD

The Patriots got STOMPED by 6-10 Buffalo and also lost to 5-11 Washington. Combined winning % = .344. This years' Patriots were the best team in the NFL but it is a stretch to say they were one of the greatest of all-time.

I never said they were.

IMO, the '85 Bears were the most dominating team for one season over the past 40 years.

Miami has the best 1 year, 2 year and 3 year records in the history of the league. IMO during that three year stretch they were the most dominant ever.

Back
Top Bottom