Patriots Strategy For Beating Us...hint "iso" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots Strategy For Beating Us...hint "iso"

The key is and will always be getting pressure on Brady. I think we have the personnel to put him on the ground a few times and win the ground battle to keep him off the field. Phins up!

One of the things that scares the hell out of you with the Patriots is their game planning.

You absolutely know they've already IDed a few of our weaknesses. I have no doubt that includes iso of our LBs, McDonald and/or Bobby McCain.

I fully expect iso of the speedy RB White, Burkehead on our LBs (See what Powell/Crowell were able to do)
I fully expect something to iso their TE or someone like McDonald (Gronk on any of our S is an automatic win)
I fully expect Gordan matched-up of Bobby McCain.(They are going to stay away from X and force McCain to play. I love McCain but he absolutely can be exploited)

The Patriots have always been brilliant at things like that.

I hope the Dolphins are prepared because you know it's coming!!!

Everything you said is absolutely right, that is why they are tough when things are going well, and extremely dangerous when they struggle, but this can also work well for us, because at the very least, we will find out to what degree we should feel confident about Gase.

I have noticed something about the Dolphins the last few years, the game plan, for whatever reason seem to be working, when they fail, it's because of too many penalties, too many turnovers, or other reasons other then the plan (Which also could mean preparation might need to get better).

The 1st year, because everyone was getting used to Gase's new offense, and new way of doing things, at time there seemed to be some to a lot of confusion, until they played the Steelers, then they became a different team with Tannehill, they played tough, had no quit, and and played like a Unit, not individuals...until Tannehill got hurt, then though the next few games looked real good, there was something missing that Tannehill brought to the team with a Gase coached game.

Last year no Tannehill again (Replaced by a QB that should not have been playing, and was very inconsistent), a Hurricane scare, a LB that was more of a distraction, then an asset, a coach that was snorting a substance, getting rid of the prior year starting RB because he was also being a distraction and would not listen, yet for more then three quarters of the season, the Dolphins refused to fade away, continuing to stay very solid in the playoff picture...they even beat the Patriots with a Jay Cutler that was by this time, no longer inconsistent, but actually struggling.

My point is, Gase seems to be able to set up a good game plan of his own, not a bad game day coach also, and when he has a QB he can trust (Tannehill), he actually does very well...This will show us how well Gase can hang with a team that is notorious for being well coached with great game plans, and are even more dangerous after a loss. I am actually very excited to see if he can do the impossible, and beat a Patriots team coming off of two straight losses, and in desperate mode in Pats country. If we beat them, people really will not understand what an undertaking that will be.

The pats like to take away your favorite options....so the bubble screen and what else? Going to be stills and the gadget plays.

I hate parker but I wouldn't be surprised to see him excel this weekend.

The best predictor of future behavior is past conduct. The Pats live by this credo. The Dolphins will take their lumps next weekend on the road against a desperate NE team, then pray to split with the Bengals and Bears. The Pats are getting healthy while the Dolphins are dropping like flies. It doesn’t derail the season if they go 1-2 the next 3 weeks, but tempers current expectations of AFC East glory. Plus, Miami will be playing with street free agents on defense after Thanksgiving if the injuries keep up (see 2016 when they barely held on) and that is my biggest worry. I’m an accomplished pessimist, but I’m usually right. But gosh I hope I’m wrong.
what the heck are you talking about? your'e depressing, putting all of these road blocks out there, the dolphins aren't an expansion team.

Agreed! But when have you ever seen our D.C. double Gronk in the many many many years he's been haunting us?

How often have you seen him matched up on a LB, DB, S 1 on 1 instead?
uh its been frustrating, but hopefully they saw how effective the double and triple teams were against Gronk last week. Also, they don't have many other weapons outside of him currently. No Edelman, no Gordon (even if he does play, he'll be used in a limited role this week). Patterson is weak and Dorsett might be hurt. DB's might be able to feast :p

Agreed! But when have you ever seen our D.C. double Gronk in the many many many years he's been haunting us?

How often have you seen him matched up on a LB, DB, S 1 on 1 instead?

That's true but how often have we seen one of our corners "shadow" a particular receiver under Burke? X had never done it until last week although we haven't really had an prime corner until after mid-season 2017. I was happy to see some flexibility on Burke's part.

Really?! I haven’t missed watching a Live Dolphins game in 15 yrs. you’re either on board or not. Only reason I missed a game was bc I had to help a friend move, but still heard it on the radio (on my Sony Walkman)...lol!

Friends who ask you to help them move during a Dolphin game are not friends. My friends know better. LOL

:chuckle:
uh its been frustrating, but hopefully they saw how effective the double and triple teams were against Gronk last week. Also, they don't have many other weapons outside of him currently. No Edelman, no Gordon (even if he does play, he'll be used in a limited role this week). Patterson is weak and Dorsett might be hurt. DB's might be able to feast :p
I agree with you here, by doubling down on Gronk, the Dolphins will bring down Brady, the Dolphins pass rush is way better than the Lions. How long will Gordon's hammy hold up, if at all? The Patriots defense looks horrible so far and it might look worse this weekend trying to defend the whole field against Miami's speedy weapons. Advantage Dolphins!

No offense to Bill Belichick, he is a great coach, but he doesn't play the game and will have a huge problem defending Miami's speed. I think the Dolphins should run up the middle to keep their defense honest as well, they looked soft vs Detroit.

A lot of people were bad mouthing the Dolphins saying they would be the worst team in the league after losing Suh, Pouncy and Landry, but the players always believed they were a good team and are playing with a chip on their shoulder. The Dolphins are now going up to Foxboro to get a win and some national RESPECT.

:chuckle:
I agree with you here, by doubling down on Gronk, the Dolphins will bring down Brady, the Dolphins pass rush is way better than the Lions. How long will Gordon's hammy hold up, if at all? The Patriots defense looks horrible so far and it might look worse this weekend trying to defend the whole field against Miami's speedy weapons. Advantage Dolphins!
it certainly looks like for the first time in a long time, we're bringing the better roster to Foxborough. I think this will be a huge test for our team in a number of categories especially defense and coaching. I've seen NE win too many damn regular season games to say we're going to win, but I'm excited to watch this game.

Back
Top Bottom