Patriots thinking clear cut favorite to win East | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots thinking clear cut favorite to win East

The Myth said:
That was only a blog from a over enthusiastic fan. This is what we really think.

Now we get to the team most people think will challenge the Patriots for AFC East supremacy: the Miami Dolphins. First let me say that I think Saban is an excellent coach. He took over the wasteland left by Dave Wannstedt and won nine games during his first season after beginning the year 3-7. A lot of New England fans like to point to the Dolphins weak schedule late in the year but the same thing can be said about the Patriots. The bottom line is the Dolphins were a much-improved team as the season went on last year and Saban deserves a lot of credit for the effort Miami showed on the field every week.
Having said that, I still think the Dolphins are a year away from really pushing the Patriots in the AFC East. Sure, they went out and signed Daunte Culpepper and while that looks good on paper, I see two major problems with the signing.
First – and I don’t care what anyone says – Culpepper isn’t going to play during the first month of the season. That means the Dolphins will have to face their difficult early season schedule with Joey Harrington behind center. Have fun with that.
The other thing that bothers me about the Culpepper signing is I believe the team really wanted Drew Brees instead and ended up settling for Culpepper. There’s no question the former Vikings quarterback is talented but it’s hard to just discard his less than impressive career numbers when he’s not playing with Randy Moss. Culpepper is a definite upgrade over Gus Frerotte and he makes the Dolphins offense more dangerous but unfortunately for Miami fans, I don’t think they’ll get to see the full extent of his impact until 2007.
Saban is doing a good job of rebuilding the Dolphins but much like Bill Parcells in Dallas, I think his first season was a bit of a fluke just because he was able to outcoach some people. Look for Miami to possibly take a step back this year before they really challenge New England next season. Make no mistake about it, the Dolphins are going to be a thorn in the Patriots side, it just won’t be this year.

Well that was mighty big of you to give us credit then tell us why it won't matter. As much as you seem sure of several theings, most of us fin fans disagree with your less then optomistic view of the Fins and the Division Title.

Where did you get your medical degree and when were you given permision to examine Daunte?? You did say, " I don't care what anyone else says, he won't be ready till November", didn't you? So you must have info "EVERYONE ELSE" doesn't. so how is Daunte's knee?? Nevermind, you don't know, it's just your opinion that Daunte won't play and to be frank, I don't care what you think, I'll say Daunte starts no later then week 3.

The fins have upgraded several starting positions and several depth positions.....let me repeat that, the fins have upgraded svevral starting and depth positions. Our secondary was our weakest area last year on D and that situation while still in question has been upgraded with youth and talent. We also get Will Poole back and while he won't be a starter he will be an impact player most likely the nickle CB for the Fins D. OuR OLB position is the only position on the front 7 that worries me. We may get lucky through the supplemental draft or by a player being released.

We did lose Ricky and it will be felt, however I believe Ronnie is chomping at the bit to prove himself and our running game will be fine. Our Oline has a full year under the tutelage of Hudson Houck and we added some talent we had a very solid year from the Oline last year no reason in the world to think this will be a downgrade this year. Chris Chambers was a Probowl WR last year for the first time in his Pro career and thats because of Saban more then anything else, IMO. Saban got into Chambers head and the second half of the season Chambers lit it up no reason to believe he won't have a better season with better QB's. As for the rest of the WR's we are looking very good and I would put our core up against any in the division maybe the NFL,we will see what a difference Daunte can make.

We also have a couple of caoching additions to mention, Dom Capers and M. Mularkey. Neither were able to produce as HC's, but they both excelled as Coordinators and thats what they will do in Miami, neither will be in control of the team, thats Sabans job. They will bring their respected knowledge and experience to the fold. I think they are obvious upgrades to the positions they hold. I like S. Linehan, but he was having real problems till Saban took him out of the booth and down to the sidelines to coach, that tells me Saban wanted a little more control over what the O was doing after the move we started to imporove. I think MM really wants to prove himself in Miami and he will get the chance.

Basically, the fins have made more upgrades then any team in the division coming off a 9-7 season and 6 game winning streak no other team in the division can say that. The Pats took a step backwards with the loss of some key players. In the past the Pats have overcome their key loses, but that won't continue forvever. There is also another aspect you seem to ignore. Desire, Saban has it and the Dolphin players have it. Listen to players like Zach and JT they are winding down their careers and they have a small window to obtain it, the Pats have had it and it's a great thing to have, but its also very hard to maintain that level especially when you have a division rival breathing down your neck and they want it just a little more. The Pats will still be stout and could win the division, however it will come down to desire and thats where I see the fins with the edge.

The Myth said:
That was only a blog from a over enthusiastic fan. This is what we really think.

Now we get to the team most people think will challenge the Patriots for AFC East supremacy: the Miami Dolphins. First let me say that I think Saban is an excellent coach. He took over the wasteland left by Dave Wannstedt and won nine games during his first season after beginning the year 3-7. A lot of New England fans like to point to the Dolphins weak schedule late in the year but the same thing can be said about the Patriots. The bottom line is the Dolphins were a much-improved team as the season went on last year and Saban deserves a lot of credit for the effort Miami showed on the field every week.
Having said that, I still think the Dolphins are a year away from really pushing the Patriots in the AFC East. Sure, they went out and signed Daunte Culpepper and while that looks good on paper, I see two major problems with the signing.
First – and I don’t care what anyone says – Culpepper isn’t going to play during the first month of the season. That means the Dolphins will have to face their difficult early season schedule with Joey Harrington behind center. Have fun with that.
The other thing that bothers me about the Culpepper signing is I believe the team really wanted Drew Brees instead and ended up settling for Culpepper. There’s no question the former Vikings quarterback is talented but it’s hard to just discard his less than impressive career numbers when he’s not playing with Randy Moss. Culpepper is a definite upgrade over Gus Frerotte and he makes the Dolphins offense more dangerous but unfortunately for Miami fans, I don’t think they’ll get to see the full extent of his impact until 2007.
Saban is doing a good job of rebuilding the Dolphins but much like Bill Parcells in Dallas, I think his first season was a bit of a fluke just because he was able to outcoach some people. Look for Miami to possibly take a step back this year before they really challenge New England next season. Make no mistake about it, the Dolphins are going to be a thorn in the Patriots side, it just won’t be this year.
umm.. for you your info. the beginning of the season is our easy part of the schedule. What a frigin homer.:sidelol: :sidelol:

feelthepain said:
Well that was mighty big of you to give us credit then tell us why it won't matter. As much as you seem sure of several theings, most of us fin fans disagree with your less then optomistic view of the Fins and the Division Title.

Where did you get your medical degree and when were you given permision to examine Daunte?? You did say, " I don't care what anyone else says, he won't be ready till November", didn't you? So you must have info "EVERYONE ELSE" doesn't. so how is Daunte's knee?? Nevermind, you don't know, it's just your opinion that Daunte won't play and to be frank, I don't care what you think, I'll say Daunte starts no later then week 3.

The fins have upgraded several starting positions and several depth positions.....let me repeat that, the fins have upgraded svevral starting and depth positions. Our secondary was our weakest area last year on D and that situation while still in question has been upgraded with youth and talent. We also get Will Poole back and while he won't be a starter he will be an impact player most likely the nickle CB for the Fins D. OuR OLB position is the only position on the front 7 that worries me. We may get lucky through the supplemental draft or by a player being released.

We did lose Ricky and it will be felt, however I believe Ronnie is chomping at the bit to prove himself and our running game will be fine. Our Oline has a full year under the tutelage of Hudson Houck and we added some talent we had a very solid year from the Oline last year no reason in the world to think this will be a downgrade this year. Chris Chambers was a Probowl WR last year for the first time in his Pro career and thats because of Saban more then anything else, IMO. Saban got into Chambers head and the second half of the season Chambers lit it up no reason to believe he won't have a better season with better QB's. As for the rest of the WR's we are looking very good and I would put our core up against any in the division maybe the NFL,we will see what a difference Daunte can make.

We also have a couple of caoching additions to mention, Dom Capers and M. Mularkey. Neither were able to produce as HC's, but they both excelled as Coordinators and thats what they will do in Miami, neither will be in control of the team, thats Sabans job. They will bring their respected knowledge and experience to the fold. I think they are obvious upgrades to the positions they hold. I like S. Linehan, but he was having real problems till Saban took him out of the booth and down to the sidelines to coach, that tells me Saban wanted a little more control over what the O was doing after the move we started to imporove. I think MM really wants to prove himself in Miami and he will get the chance.

Basically, the fins have made more upgrades then any team in the division coming off a 9-7 season and 6 game winning streak no other team in the division can say that. The Pats took a step backwards with the loss of some key players. In the past the Pats have overcome their key loses, but that won't continue forvever. There is also another aspect you seem to ignore. Desire, Saban has it and the Dolphin players have it. Listen to players like Zach and JT they are winding down their careers and they have a small window to obtain it, the Pats have had it and it's a great thing to have, but its also very hard to maintain that level especially when you have a division rival breathing down your neck and they want it just a little more. The Pats will still be stout and could win the division, however it will come down to desire and thats where I see the fins with the edge.

:clap::clap::clap:

I Don't watch every patriots game, only 2 or 3 a year.... So I can't pretend i know enough to write up an informative piece about them based on what ESPN told me.. I would be making an *** of myself.

feelthepain said:

Well put, very good post. Cheers to a great season ahead.

:drinkers:

The Myth said:

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Ya one one more game than us, which we should have won in my honest opinion. The east is ours this year not next year. And I love the fact how all the skeptics keep finfings ways to make the DC acquisition questionable. Besides Brady and Peyton, Daunte is the best QB in the entire league. And I got facts to back that up!!

they are the champs until we beat them, that being said, i dont think tebucky jones loss is going to hurt us, what he play two games

What a crock of _ _ _ _ ,:fire:

Well let them think that the chick that wrote that knows what she's talking about because she is a little off base.

Yea I'm being nice.

Let the Pat's think that crap! There not going to know what hit them this season till it's to late,

IMO the Dolphins have made some really great moves this off season. Whether the Pats or any other team thinks that we haven't it will be there down fall and when the season gets here.

Go Dolphins

I have to laugh at this part of the article:

Culpepper won't be ready to see any action until possibly the middle of November. At that point, his ego may need to be addressed after being a starter for the Vikings to a possible starter for the Dolphins.

Seems like everyone is a medical expert and knows for a fact that DC won't be ready when the season starts.

of course the pats are our challenge this year but i really think we should have this division locked.the pats are beat up and lack depth.i reall caint wait for brady to get beat up badly this year:wink:

Back
Top Bottom