Patriots/ Welker Update | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots/ Welker Update

As usual a good comeback, what would I expect when you are a clueless fan who just seees big names and goes crazy. Good luck to the Patskins this year.

As usual a good comeback, what would I expect when you are a clueless fan who just seees big names and goes crazy. Good luck to the Patskins this year.

Your points do not seem correct.The patriots did what they have been doing all long.

Adiaus Thomas got a bigger offer from 49`s and took less to stay with Pats
Stallworth Indeed could have gotten a longer contract but took a 1 yr prove it contract for less and stayed with the pats.

So how is it different ..,they have always never paid the highest offer as even for colvin he took 1 million /yr less to play for the patriots.They make an offer based on value which is lower than the highest offer .

So making an offer which is less than the maximum offer and letting the player sign for less .isn`t that what the patriots have done before?.They were not the maximum bidder as you claim they were.

Your points do not seem correct.The patriots did what they have been doing all long.

Stallworth Indeed could have gotten a longer contract but took a 1 yr prove it contract for less and stayed with the pats.

So how is it different ..,they have always never paid the highest offer as even for colvin he took 1 million /yr less to play for the patriots.They make an offer based on value which is lower than the highest offer .

So making a offer less the maximum offer and letting the player sign for less isn`t that the patriots have done before?.They were not the maximum bidder as you claim they were.
junc never lets facts get in the way of a perfectly good argument :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

So making an offer which is less than the maximum offer and letting the player sign for less .isn`t that what the patriots have done before?.They were not the maximum bidder as you claim they were.

Your missing the point, junc is a Jet fan that only sees what he wants to see. He's the simple minded type of fan that wants so badly for his team to succeed that he'll create in his own head, any and all reasons for why his rival will fail. Jet fans have been off-season champs for years, but they haven't sniffed a Super Bowl in 38 years :lol:. They tell us every off-season how bad the Patriots moves were and how it's going to destroy the team the next season. :lol: I've heard them say cutting Milloy would destroy the team, I've heard them say that trading for Corey Dillon was a mistake, and how he was washed up, :lol: I've heard it all, and this year is no differen't the Jets and phins are already competing for 2nd place in the division, it matters little what their fans want to belive. :sidelol:

Who cares if he got a bigger offer from SF? he was still overpaid, just b/c he wasn't as overpaid as he could have been doesn't make his contract a bargain.

junc never lets facts get in the way of a perfectly good argument :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

All I do is provide facts, you guys don't have your own opinions- you get your opinions from ESPN.

Your missing the point, junc is a Jet fan that only sees what he wants to see. He's the simple minded type of fan that wants so badly for his team to succeed that he'll create in his own head, any and all reasons for why his rival will fail. Jet fans have been off-season champs for years, but they haven't sniffed a Super Bowl in 38 years :lol:. They tell us every off-season how bad the Patriots moves were and how it's going to destroy the team the next season. :lol: I've heard them say cutting Milloy would destroy the team, I've heard them say that trading for Corey Dillon was a mistake, and how he was washed up, :lol: I've heard it all, and this year is no differen't the Jets and phins are already competing for 2nd place in the division, it matters little what their fans want to belive. :sidelol:

Our 38 years is still LESS than the 41 it took for NE to win a SB.

Not one pat fans criticized my opniions during the season. why you ask? B/c I was nothing but complimentary of them, now I am seeing them make mistakes which makes me happy as an opposing fan and I am sharing my opinion. I back up my opinion w/ more than just ESPN articles. If NE does well and I compliment them will my opinion matter then? You gusy are hysterical, you are clueless and your best argument is that i am bashing NE b/c I don't like the Pats yet I praised them all last year and have argued how Brady is the best QB of this generation by far. I call them as I see them unlike you pats homers and/or bandwagon fans.

Am i getting this correct, that you know the value of every FA player and a dollar more than that is over paying?

WOW.... i am totally humbled by this revalation by you.More power to you.

Am i getting this correct, that you know the value of every FA player and a dollar more than that is over paying?

WOW.... i am totally humbled by this revalation by you.More power to you.

I think most intelligent fans that pay attention know that a guy like Adalius Thomas is not worth $20 mil guaranteed and a blind man could see Wes Welker isn't worth $10 mil guaranteed AND 2 draft picks.

I think most intelligent fans that pay attention know that a guy like Adalius Thomas is not worth $20 mil guaranteed and a blind man could see Wes Welker isn't worth $10 mil guaranteed AND 2 draft picks.
What are you basing this on ...let me gues their 2007.2008.2009 performace which none of us have seen.they have been payed them to play for the coming years.So you are going to argue that thomas john`s is not worth 20 million too now....pls lets see what his numbers are before jumping shall we.

What are you basing this on ...let me gues their 2007.2008.2009 performace which none of us have seen.they have been payed them to play for the coming years.So you are going to argue that thomas john`s is not worth 20 million too now....pls lets see what his numbers are before jumping shall we.

Jones got about $12 mil guaranteed, that is not out of line and consiering Wes Welker got $10 mil ii looks like a steal. We overpaid for kenyon coleman BUt overpaying at $6 mil and $20 mil are 2 different things. It's nothing against the Pats, sure I want to see them fail but I prasie when I think it's deserved and bash when I think it's deserved. I have praised the patriots for a long time and I will do so in the future when they make moves I like. They were going to be really good no matter what they did this offseason but if they don't win a SB this year the moves are failures b/c they are moves out of desperation(think '01-current NY Yankees) to revive a dynasty.

Jones got about $12 mil guaranteed, that is not out of line and consiering Wes Welker got $10 mil ii looks like a steal. We overpaid for kenyon coleman BUt overpaying at $6 mil and $20 mil are 2 different things. It's nothing against the Pats, sure I want to see them fail but I prasie when I think it's deserved and bash when I think it's deserved. I have praised the patriots for a long time and I will do so in the future when they make moves I like. They were going to be really good no matter what they did this offseason but if they don't win a SB this year the moves are failures b/c they are moves out of desperation(think '01-current NY Yankees) to revive a dynasty.

I have no problem with your opinion as they are like az ole and every one has 1.But i have a problem with question my intelligence because i have a different view.

maybe the moves are bad but if they win another SB then the whole discussion becomes mute or like what happened to colvin breaking his hip after signing. I did a rough estimate and the pats are going to end up with 25 million cap room again as you guessed it they paid down seymour and brady`s contract down..... and signing bonus are split over the life of the contract.

I understand your point although I don't agree with it. The Patriots had tons of cap space so the $$$ factor is negilible if the players they signed perform effectively. I realize thats a simplistic viewpoint but many fans play a fantasy football game with the salary cap and get hung up on the dollar stats as if its their money.

The only question the Patriots are concerned with is did these signings make them a more competetive football team? The intelligent answer is yes. Kraft's accountant may hate the deal but the coaching staff is thrilled.

IF Welker, Stallworth, Thomas, et al play an integral role in the Pats success next year will it still be considered a "waste" of cap room and/ or draft picks?
The intelligent answer is 'no'.

The Pats don't do adhere to one philosophy- they are always adapting. This year they were more agressive in the F/A market, they may be next year or they could go the other way.

The rival fans who claim being happy that the Pats "wasted" $$$ or draft picks on these F/A's are either delusional or whistling past the graveyard. The Washington Redskin regerences would hold more weight if they had the same QB and front office as the Pats, their success speaks for itself.:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom