Patriots/ Welker Update | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots/ Welker Update

Son, Washington didn't pick the players the Pats just signed now did they? Pioli and Belichick did, and that should send shivers up and down Jets, phins, and Bills fans spines. They don't miss often and you can bet they didn't miss on all the players they just signed. As for Welkier, lets see how well you remember how much he cost when the Jets pathetic db's are trying to cover him out of the slot next season. Something tells me you won't remembering what he cost, just that it wasn't enough. :lol:

No they picked up all crap. no one can pick up the type of players NE is picking up. Adalius Thomas the gerat wes welker, the always reliable Donte Stallworht, the great kelley washington, kyle brady, smokin' sammy morris. This just might be the greatest collection of talehnt EVER assembled.:lol:

Son, Washington didn't pick the players the Pats just signed now did they? Pioli and Belichick did, and that should send shivers up and down Jets, phins, and Bills fans spines. They don't miss often and you can bet they didn't miss on all the players they just signed. As for Welkier, lets see how well you remember how much he cost when the Jets pathetic db's are trying to cover him out of the slot next season. Something tells me you won't remembering what he cost, just that it wasn't enough. :lol:

Shastz you might as well try having a debate with a box of rocks. Just let the cards play out and nyjunc will be hiding in his closet by week 4.

No they picked up all crap. no one can pick up the type of players NE is picking up. Adalius Thomas the gerat wes welker, the always reliable Donte Stallworht, the great kelley washington, kyle brady, smokin' sammy morris. This just might be the greatest collection of talehnt EVER assembled.:lol:
somebody is in full panic mode :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

somebody is in full panic mode :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

i RARELY agree with jets fans, but he is right, maybe he is exaggerating a bit, but the only real big player they got was adalius thomas. stallworth is too inconsistent to be considered a great player. and everyone else is really just filling a void. dont get me wrong, they are good players. but thats it. GOOD not GREAT.

Shastz you might as well try having a debate with a box of rocks. Just let the cards play out and nyjunc will be hiding in his closet by week 4.

Your right of course, I find that the average Jets fans I.Q. is a bit below the curve and judging from the response I got, :lol: well it speaks for itself. :lol: In any case the Patriots have added more talent than they had when they where one play away from their fourth Super Bowl in 6 years. Now all Jet, Phin and Bills fans can do is try and down play every move the Pats make, heck last offseason they all cried and laughed about how cheap the Pats where and how they would fall apart. The Bottom line is the offseason is like clock work, "The Patriots don't know what their doing in FA or the Draft and it's the END FOR THEM!!!!" Then of course the season starts and the Pats leave them all in the dust. Seems like old times to me. :cooldude:

Your right of course, I find that the average Jets fans I.Q. is a bit below the curve and judging from the response I got, :lol: well it speaks for itself. :lol: In any case the Patriots have added more talent than they had when they where one play away from their fourth Super Bowl in 6 years. Now all Jet, Phin and Bills fans can do is try and down play every move the Pats make, heck last offseason they all cried and laughed about how cheap the Pats where and how they would fall apart. The Bottom line is the offseason is like clock work, "The Patriots don't know what their doing in FA or the Draft and it's the END FOR THEM!!!!" Then of course the season starts and the Pats leave them all in the dust. Seems like old times to me. :cooldude:

Such a knowledgable Pats fan like yourself would know the pats built their team through the draft and through lower price FAs and good character guys. This offseason they have overpaid for players and brought in questionable character guys. The pats won 3 SBs b/c they were a great TEAM, great teams are not built through FA like NE is trying to do. I prasied NE in the past when they were doing things the right way, the abandoned that formula and I am very happy about it.

Such a knowledgable Pats fan like yourself would know the pats built their team through the draft and through lower price FAs and good character guys. This offseason they have overpaid for players and brought in questionable character guys. The pats won 3 SBs b/c they were a great TEAM, great teams are not built through FA like NE is trying to do. I prasied NE in the past when they were doing things the right way, the abandoned that formula and I am very happy about it.

More foolish spin. The Patriots have done exactly what they do every year, that is make the best possible moves given the situation to make the team better. With the cap going up nearly 20mil did you really thing they weren't going to use it? How foolish would that be? Questionable character guys? Who? Stallworth? Any different than Corey Dillion or Brian Cox? Please I'll bet you don't even realize that since being drafted in the same year as Deon Branch that Stollworth has been every bit as productive as Branch, and get this, he had A. Brooks throwing him the ball. Now I guess you'll hit me with "but Stallworth is an injury problem!!!" Well Branch has yet to play a full NFL season so there goes that argument. Look you can stick your head in the sand all you like, but the reality is the team that gave the Jets their worst play-off beating in the history of their sad little franchise just got better in Free Agency. Add to that the Patriots have two 1st round picks a could have as many as 6 over all day one picks, and well it's not over yet. :lol: Jet fans can still look at the bright side however, it's the off-season, it's their time to dream. :sidelol: 38 consecutive off-season championships and still counting, Jet fans should be thrilled. :sidelol:

They throw around $20 mil SB's every year? they trade 2nd and 7th rd picks for medicore players and give $10 mil guaranteed? they bring in guys who are in the substance abuse program and guys that have been suspended for drugs? they bering in questionable character guys? I must have been sleeping whil all this was going on the last 6-7 years.

By the way, Philly signed kevin Curtis to $9.5 mil guaranteed, he's a better WR than Welker, came cheaper $ wise and didn't cost them picks.

They throw around $20 mil SB's every year? they trade 2nd and 7th rd picks for medicore players and give $10 mil guaranteed? they bring in guys who are in the substance abuse program and guys that have been suspended for drugs? they bering in questionable character guys? I must have been sleeping whil all this was going on the last 6-7 years.

By the way, Philly signed kevin Curtis to $9.5 mil guaranteed, he's a better WR than Welker, came cheaper $ wise and didn't cost them picks.

1. They have never had $20mil in free cap space to put into Free agency until this year.
2. They gave up 2nd round picks for both Bethel Johnson and Tony Simmons in past drafts, wanna bet Weilker is more productive in a Patriots Uni then either of thoses guys? Point being, cost is a subjective thing, but of course you have no idea what I'm talking about.
3. Who exactlly has been suspended? Stallorth is in the substance abuse program, he's never once been suspended for anything. (Do you have any clue at all??)

Finally I'm not sure if what you've been doing for the last 6-7 years but I'll bet it had little to do with reading, writing, or spelling. :sidelol:

i RARELY agree with jets fans, but he is right, maybe he is exaggerating a bit, but the only real big player they got was adalius thomas. stallworth is too inconsistent to be considered a great player. and everyone else is really just filling a void. dont get me wrong, they are good players. but thats it. GOOD not GREAT.

Colts hardly had stars apart from Manning and Harrison did they? They filled the jigsaw and they got the reward. NE are doing the right thing IMO. Tho it hurts to say it. Rags me off to be honest. When do we have to realise we have to be top of AFC East to go forward!!! We have to compete at Conference level to compete at NFL level. NE have improved, 3 new WR's they got thru FA. We have improved slightly with Porter on D but look at our DB backfield! Nothing new and no new prospects coming. Fins need to sort it.O-Line is a flippin mystery. Scooby Doo would have a problem sorting out our O-Line.

Colts hardly had stars apart from Manning and Harrison did they? They filled the jigsaw and they got the reward. NE are doing the right thing IMO. Tho it hurts to say it. Rags me off to be honest. When do we have to realise we have to be top of AFC East to go forward!!! We have to compete at Conference level to compete at NFL level. NE have improved, 3 new WR's they got thru FA. We have improved slightly with Porter on D but look at our DB backfield! Nothing new and no new prospects coming. Fins need to sort it.O-Line is a flippin mystery. Scooby Doo would have a problem sorting out our O-Line.

all im saying is that they are GOOD players not GREAT with the exception of thomas. by saying they are good, they are not hard to replace. they are all very expendable

1. They have never had $20mil in free cap space to put into Free agency until this year.
2. They gave up 2nd round picks for both Bethel Johnson and Tony Simmons in past drafts, wanna bet Weilker is more productive in a Patriots Uni then either of thoses guys? Point being, cost is a subjective thing, but of course you have no idea what I'm talking about.
3. Who exactlly has been suspended? Stallorth is in the substance abuse program, he's never once been suspended for anything. (Do you have any clue at all??)

Finally I'm not sure if what you've been doing for the last 6-7 years but I'll bet it had little to do with reading, writing, or spelling. :sidelol:

1)Just b/c you have room doesn;'t mean you have to waste money.

2)just b/c they haven't hit on all 2nd rd picks doesn't mean they should give them up. Tony Simmons was in 1998 under a different regime- what does he have to do w/ anything? NE has hit on a few 2nd rd picks this decade- Matt Light, Deion Branch, Eugene Wilson- all are better players than Welker drafted w/ 2nd rd picks.

3) sammy Morris was suspended 4 games last year and Stallowrth currently has a strike against him as he's in the drug rehab program so before you ask someone esle if they have a clue you might want to get one yourself.

1)Just b/c you have room doesn;'t mean you have to waste money.

2)just b/c they haven't hit on all 2nd rd picks doesn't mean they should give them up. Tony Simmons was in 1998 under a different regime- what does he have to do w/ anything? NE has hit on a few 2nd rd picks this decade- Matt Light, Deion Branch, Eugene Wilson- all are better players than Welker drafted w/ 2nd rd picks.

3) sammy Morris was suspended 4 games last year and Stallowrth currently has a strike against him as he's in the drug rehab program so before you ask someone esle if they have a clue you might want to get one yourself.

1) Just b/c you stumble around a keyboard doesn't make you a talent scout.

Like I said shastz by week 4 the junk man from NY will be hiding in his closet.

1) Just b/c you stumble around a keyboard doesn't make you a talent scout.

Like I said shastz by week 4 the junk man from NY will be hiding in his closet.

Do me a favor and look up my posts from the season. I was nothing but complimentary of NE. I praise when deserve and criticize when deservd and NE's offseason deserves to be criticized. To the less knowledgable they see big names and think they had a great offseason but there are people that can see through that and know that adding highprriced guys and questionable character guys does not work.

Back
Top Bottom