Patriots/ Welker Update | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots/ Welker Update

To all the pats fans. I bought a welker jersey and its on sale for a whopping 20 bucks! Any takers?

The pats are paying for production? themn explain giving up a 2nd and 7th rd pick plus $10 mil guaranteed for Wes Welker? What has he done in this league to warrant that compensation?

Why would NE doub;e Welker when he's Miami's 3rd best WR? he had 1 decent game against them and all of a sudden they are gameplanning for him? Come on. I am sure NE was concerned w/ jerricho Cotchery after he had a bg agme against them in Week 2 then he went out and had a very good game at NE then in the playoffs had a 100 yd receiving game. I am 100% sure Ne was more worried about Jerricho Cotchery and yet he kept producing against NE while Wes after 1 good game in his first 3 was held to 1 rec for -1 yds in his next game against NE.

Funny we could have asked the same What had Eric Mangina done to warrent his compensation? I believe the jets would sign the guy that cleans the ***t houses at Gilette stadium. For a fan of a team thats been looking to aquire anything Bill Belichick you ask some very stupid questions. The reason NE didn't double cotchery is because they knew with old noodle arm throwing what ever cotchery got would be short yardage seeing chad can't throw anything deeper than 20 yrds.

Funny we could have asked the same What had Eric Mangina done to warrent his compensation? I believe the jets would sign the guy that cleans the ***t houses at Gilette stadium. For a fan of a team thats been looking to aquire anything Bill Belichick you ask some very stupid questions. The reason NE didn't double cotchery is because they knew with old noodle arm throwing what ever cotchery got would be short yardage seeing chad can't throw anything deeper than 20 yrds.

Mangini had only risen from ballboy to DC by the time he was about 32 years old but what had he done to eanr any praise?

Old noodle arm managed to beat keep you guys out of the playoffs in '02 and beat you last year at your house so maybe you should respect him a little more? he is 2-4 in the reg season against NE which isn't bad.

Nope. They only double-teamed him.

"After making nine catches in a game against the Patriots in October, Welker said he was double-teamed on almost every snap when the teams met again in December. It was the first time he had been double-teamed that much over his three-year career, and was also a reflection of the Patriots' respect for him."

If he can cause other teams to commit double coverage to stop him, he's well worth it.

I don't like giving up picks, but Welker will produce iimmediately, while it's rare a 2nd rd pick, never mind a late 2nd rd pick, does much of anything outside of special team duties.

THe Pats will pick up an additional 2-3 comp picks, maybe as high as the 4th rd. I still hate giving up picks as a rule, but my guess is Welker will perform closer to what Dillon gave them for a 2nd, rather than what they got using a 2nd for Duane Starks...yeech!

Your kidding right? You don't think a 2nd round pick can contribute?

Mangini had only risen from ballboy to DC by the time he was about 32 years old but what had he done to eanr any praise?

Old noodle arm managed to beat keep you guys out of the playoffs in '02 and beat you last year at your house so maybe you should respect him a little more? he is 2-4 in the reg season against NE which isn't bad.
its really pathetic and sad that you have to go back to 2002 :sidelol: :sidelol: how many surgeries has old noodle are had since 02?

its really pathetic and sad that you have to go back to 2002 :sidelol: :sidelol: how many surgeries has old noodle are had since 02?

2002 is probably just a year after you became a Pats fan.

Chad has had some injury problems but when he's healthy we have been a playoff team. He's a top QB when healthy.

He had 1 season as DC and according to the defensive players they couldn't tell the difference from when he was the DB coach. The 1 season he was DC was one of the least productive "D" we fielded.

Since 02 Noodle arms, arm had to be reconstructed twice and it wasn't great to begin with, It's even worse now. You're on here regularly slamming anything and everything the Pats do yet your owner would lick Belichicks shorts to get more from the pats.
You know it, I know it and so does the rest of the league. If all his moves are so bad as you say then why would the jets want anything to do with him or his players? Mangina the great learned everything he knows from Belichick and the remainder of it he stole on his way out the door. F'n jets fans all talk out their "A" holes.

He had 1 season as DC and according to the defensive players they couldn't tell the difference from when he was the DB coach. The 1 season he was DC was one of the least productive "D" we fielded.

of course it had little to do w/ the players you lost and the injuries you had- it was all mangini's fualt. was it EM's fault you gave up 35 int he 2nd half against Indy? The players were very high on EM if I recall and the biggest reason BB hates him and is a jerk to him is b/c he knew what he could do w/ the team he hates the most- which would be the Jets, the team that gave him a 2nd chance aftre he was a complete failure in Cle and the team that gave him $1mil to stay as DC in '99 even though no team was looking to interview him.

mangini did learn everything from BB which is why we are doing things in ways the old Pats did them not the current Snyder like Pats.

of course it had little to do w/ the players you lost and the injuries you had- it was all mangini's fualt. was it EM's fault you gave up 35 int he 2nd half against Indy? The players were very high on EM if I recall and the biggest reason BB hates him and is a jerk to him is b/c he knew what he could do w/ the team he hates the most- which would be the Jets, the team that gave him a 2nd chance aftre he was a complete failure in Cle and the team that gave him $1mil to stay as DC in '99 even though no team was looking to interview him.

mangini did learn everything from BB which is why we are doing things in ways the old Pats did them not the current Snyder like Pats.

No Belichick doesn't like him because Mangina the great stole scouting reports from the Patriots before running out the back door. Think about it if you were a HC and mentored one of your coaches and in return he stole from you. Talk about the snyder like Patriots how many players did Mangina bring along with him to NJ and we won't even mention his tampering with Branch whom Mangina was willing to give the house to get. Sounds to me like the pots calling the kettle black. Hell your team was after anything Pats back in 96 tampering with Parcells who in turn raided the pats team for players back then. Tell me more about the snyder like pats. How soon we forget.

2002 is probably just a year after you became a Pats fan.

Chad has had some injury problems but when he's healthy we have been a playoff team. He's a top QB when healthy.
ive been a pats fan for many many years but i dont see what that has to do with noodle arm :sidelol: your in full spin and desperation mode :sidelol: :sidelol:

No Belichick doesn't like him because Mangina the great stole scouting reports from the Patriots before running out the back door. Think about it if you were a HC and mentored one of your coaches and in return he stole from you. Talk about the snyder like Patriots how many players did Mangina bring along with him to NJ and we won't even mention his tampering with Branch whom Mangina was willing to give the house to get. Sounds to me like the pots calling the kettle black. Hell your team was after anything Pats back in 96 tampering with Parcells who in turn raided the pats team for players back then. Tell me more about the snyder like pats. How soon we forget.

Being such a big pats fan you'd remember how many ex-Jets BB took w/ him to NE that playd a key role in your 1st SB. When assistants leave they look for former players to help them.

the patriots are better after there fa signings and you know it .it just hurts to much for you to admit it .:boohoo:

More talented? Yep, better? that remains to be seen. if it was so easy to just plug FAs in and have success don't you think Washington would have more than 1 playoff win this decade?

More talented? Yep, better? that remains to be seen. if it was so easy to just plug FAs in and have success don't you think Washington would have more than 1 playoff win this decade?

Son, Washington didn't pick the players the Pats just signed now did they? Pioli and Belichick did, and that should send shivers up and down Jets, phins, and Bills fans spines. They don't miss often and you can bet they didn't miss on all the players they just signed. As for Welkier, lets see how well you remember how much he cost when the Jets pathetic db's are trying to cover him out of the slot next season. Something tells me you won't remembering what he cost, just that it wasn't enough. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom