Pats open as a 9 point favorite | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats open as a 9 point favorite

so do u guys think we got a shot this week?

its for our season basically. a loss here clinches the division officially for the patriots, and we r pretty much dead in the wildcard.

however, a win this week, even if we lose to san fran the following week, it gives us a realistic shot to be alive heading into the final week vs the pats.

from watching our team this year, and watching the pats, it is going to be a very hard task to go toe to toe with brady.

the pats put up 40 plus like its nothing, and we struggle to get 20, let alone 30 plus.

we basically need to play a turnover free game, and hope for brady to be really off, which has not really happened this year aside for week 2 vs the cardinals.

there defense allows a lot of yds but i feel that is a bit overrated bc they do make big time plays when needed, and also r ahead on many teams forcing many teams to throw, throw, and throw.

it shall deff be interesting to say the least, and i hope we can get a win, but this will be our toughest game by far this year imo.

To write the Dolphins off is wrong. The Patriots have scored a lot of points off of turnovers, we must play turnover free football. Welker has lost a step IMO, will be easier to contain. Their secondary is not good in coverage. Must get pressure up the middle against Brady, must control fat ass Wilfork. If we control the middle of the field and don't give them points off turnovers, we will win this game. My prediction is Dolphins 31 Pats 28.

Spread has quite a bit of variance. Some offshore sites have remained at -9 but with heavy juice to take the 9. Other joints are as low as -7 but with higher than typical juice to give 7. Las Vegas has generally settled at -7.5.

Until yesterday I thought it would be -11. The -7 seemed low to me so I gave it. I might do something with the first half. I don't like teams trying to win twice consecutively as home underdog, although Miami nearly pulled it off against Raiders/Jets early this year. Notice those are weak teams, ones who the Dolphins would be favored against today. When that system fails it's generally due to that aspect, lines that are off base early in the year.

BTW, that's not much respect to New England's offense with the line as low as -7 and the total at 51. It equates to 29-22. I don't think New England's output should be pegged below 32 or 33 right now, other than against a handful of opponents.

Too bad for that new snap is imminent rule or I would rushing the passer with 15 or 16 guys for the first 5 plays.

:lol:
Is that a half time score?? Only way this defense holds em to 28 is if Brady stays in Boston.

We held them to 27 last year
We have been getting better at limiting their score over the last 4 losses.
Time to keep the trend going.....

Games involving the Patriots and Miami beginning with the 2010 season:

2010 season: Week 4 Mon Oct 4 2010 at Mia New England 41, Miami 14
2010 season: Week 17 Sun Jan 2 2011 at NE New England 38, Miami 7
2011 season: Week 1 Mon Sep 12 2011 at Mia New England 38, Miami 24
2011 season: Week 16 Sat Dec 24 2011 at NE New England 27, Miami 24
2012 season: Week 13 Sun Dec 2 2012 NE at Mia
2012 season: Week 17 Sun Dec 30 2012 Mia at NE

Primary team the Patriots: 4-0
Points for the Patriots: 144
Points against the Patriots: 69

It's just there to get an interest and an even amount of betting on both teams.

Spotting 9 points I'd take the Dolphins.

I think we will win at home too and its not just because I am a fan.

-ucfpf13

9 point favorites...seems a little low...especially when the pats get us into the nickle in early downs and make hay running the ball that way against our d...seattle was more traditional and downhill which plays into our run d's strength the interior dt's but the pats won't go after us that way...and of course they'll speed up the tempo and not allow us to make substitutions and exploit mismatches...

o better score a lot of points this week to keep this thing competitive

Back
Top Bottom